Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resonance of Fate

• 18-02-2013 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

So, I'm looking around for a JRPG to play and stumble across this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owAoZzYgKec

Needless to say, I'm intrigued. What's the general consensus on this one 3 years on? There's another video that involves dressing up as a reindeer and "shooting" presents at little children, is it all Deadly Premonition-y or have I literally seen the best the game has to offer.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,772 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a weird one. Story-wise it's meant to be pretty insane but in a good way. As for the gameplay well people absolutely love it but the problem is it takes about 20 hours before the battle system 'clicks' and you understand it. Before that it's really complex and hard to figure out. Maybe read a faq before playing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Story is pretty crap to be honest, or was just told horribly. Never have much of a clue what is going on.

Gameplay is good though, a bit more active than the usual JRPG fare of menu hopping. As Retro says, does take a long while for everything in the combat system to fall into place. Played it for 20 hours after release, left it and went back for another 10 a few weeks back and only then did I get that "Ohhhh, I should be doing this and that when that happens" moment. Lack of a 2nd machine gun for the first few chapters doesnt help either :p

Wish the game had set the scene better, its almost like the game thinks you know everything about the world and characters and just wanders on. Still not encountered the reindeer-present section.

Advertisement