Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Windows Phone 7 MMS Settings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭crystalbrite

Should these settings also work for connecting to 48's mobile internet or do I have to do something extra?

Should these setting also work for connecting to 48months internet?

I'm using an LG optimus 7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Name :48 Months
    Apn: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
    username - blank
    password - blank
    MMSC: http://10.1.11.68/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19:8080

Don't know what happened to my post but it looks like it got corrupted. Settings above should hopefully work. I don't use 48 so can't try

Name :48 Months
    Apn: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
    username - blank
    password - blank
    MMSC: http://10.1.11.68/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19:8080

Don't know what happened to my post but it looks like it got corrupted. Settings above should hopefully work. I don't use 48 so can't try

So for my phone is:

Proxy server/URL = MMSC code = http://10.1.11.68/servlets/mms

and

Proxy port = MMS Proxy code = 10.1.11.19:8080

Proxy port only allows 5 digits!

10.1.11.19 is the proxy server
    8080 is the port

• Advertisement

10.1.11.19 is the proxy server
    8080 is the port

Ya, so basically I have:

APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com

Username: Blank

Password: Blank

Proxy server/URL: 10.1.11.19

Proxy port: 8080

And my internet is still not working for me. When I try to go to www.google.ie it say:

We're having trouble connecting to this webpage.
    Try the following:
    Make sure your data roaming options are set to allow roaming.

I would give you screenshots of everything but as you probably already know windows phone 7 doesn't allow you to do that :(

I dont know. Maybe try asking 48 on Facebook and see what they say. Maybe the APN is outdated.

I dont know. Maybe try asking 48 on Facebook and see what they say. Maybe the APN is outdated.

Ya I'm currently trying to ask them on the 48 website but his response was to download the Tweakker APN INTERNET MMS app from the Google Play store!!!!

It hasn't given me much faith in them.

Ya I'm currently trying to ask them on the 48 website but his response was to download the Tweakker APN INTERNET MMS app from the Google Play store!!!!

It hasn't given me much faith in them.

Well thats one of the upsides of being with a network who pretty much doesnt have customer care to support it.

If you could get them to write out the APN for Android, iPhone you could just fill it into your phone.

APN's arent phone specific so even if you get ones from other phone they should still work.

Just delete whatever you put in and try 48months.liffeytelecom.com in the APN section. Restart the phone and see does it work should point out that the settings above for MMS and not internet, even though it should work together

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Great post.

It's worth adding that some of the manufacturers have Apps that will detect your settings and apply them automatically. Samsung and Nokia definitely do, I think some of the others do as well.

Simply open the marketplace, and either go to the section for your manufacturer, or search for "Network Settings". You can then download the app.

Once you have downloaded the app, run it and it will either auto-detect your network, or you can select it from a list. It will then apply the correct settings. You may need to restart the phone for them to take effect.

• Advertisement

If you dial: ##634#
    and press the "call" button
    The MFG app is added to your phone. If you go into in and input the password: 277634#*# you get into the factory menu

If you go:
    Engineer Menu>Other Setting>Set APN

The apn is set to: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    and not 48months.liffeytelecom.com

Is this incorrect or are tescomobile and 48 the same thing?

If you go:
    Engineer Menu>Other Setting>Set network profiles

The following options are set to the following:
    AlwaysON options: ON
    Proxy enable options: OFF
    Auto update options: ON

You can also enter the MCC and MNC code. When I do this I get an option of two files:

_PROV_V105_TSC_IE_272_11.xml
    _PROV_TSC_IE_272_11_ENG.xml

Should I be messing around in these menus???

Also I got a reply from a different 48 guy from where I got the MCC and MNC codes as seen below.

In the Settings > Mobile Network > Add APN area of the phone I you only have options to enter

APN:
    Username:
    Password:
    Proxy server/URL:
    Proxy port:

Where am I supposed to enter these other settings that he suggests such as

Authentication Type: PAP
    MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS proxy: 110.1.11.19
    MMS port: 8080
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    APN type: mms

Without going into the factory menu as I've done above!
    Sorry you are having a bit of an issue using the internet.

We do have automatic settings now for the vast majority of phone so If you switch your phone off and take the battery and SIM out. Then put it all back together and turn it on the settings should arrive within 15 minutes. It might happen in the background but you will hear the notification when they are received. They may come as a text in which case you need to select save when prompted.

If they do not arrive after 15 minutes then you will need to enter the settings manually.

For the LG Optimus 7 try below:

For WINDOWS PHONE 7, go to Settings > Mobile Network > Add APN

INTERNET
    Connection Name: 48 Internet
    Access Point Name: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
    Server Address: 10.1.11.19
    Port: 8080
    Login Username: leave blank
    Login Password: leave blank
    Authentication Type: PAP

MMS
    Connection Name: 48 MMS
    Access Point Name: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
    Username: leave blank
    Password: leave blank
    Server: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS proxy: 110.1.11.19
    MMS port: 8080
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    APN type: mms

Any problems with that then let me know.

Go conquer,
    Damian @ the 48 care crew

Post too long?

The manufactures app for LG doesn't work in Ireland. There's load of Irish people giving out about it in the feedback section of the app.

Ok I figured it out. For some reason my phone thinks that when it's on the 48 network that it's roaming. I had my data connection disabled for roaming so when I enabled this the internet started working.

Advertisement