Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

• 20-03-2012 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Are many people on here interested in Cork City? Won the First Division title last season with a 94th minute goal, but finding life in the Premier Division a bit tough. Having lost the first two games against sides you'd think we'd finish ahead of come the end of the year, but then led the champions, Shamrock Rovers, at home...only to concede a 94th minute goal of our own. A right balls, but at least we got our first point of the season.

Tonight City beat Waterford 1-0 at home in the Munster Senior Cup Semi-Final. It was mostly fringe players and Under 19s, but the likes of Colin Healy and Tadhg Purcell, who aren't the fittest at the moment, played. We face Limerick in the final. Date and venue are yet to be confirmed, but I'd imagine it'll be at the Cross sometime at the end of April/start of May.

Here's a list of a few upcoming fixtures for those interested:

Away v Derry City, 19.45 Friday 23rd of March (League)
    Home v Wexford Youths, 19.45 Monday 26th of March (League Cup)
    Home v Bray Wanderers, 19.45 Friday 30th of Marcy (League)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Catalpa1

Yep I'm a fan thought the defence was woeful against Drogs the other week, Danny Murphy and Dan Murray were particularly bad. Against Rovers they looked like a different team especially in the second half (all bar the last three minutes :mad:) Must say the atmosphere for a lot of the second half was very good. I think if they can get a point against Derry we may well start to come good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

G'wan City! That Shams goal on Friday night was a real kick in the stomach. Nonetheless it was a much improved performance over the Drogs game so i suppose its good to see the team getting better with new signings finding some form.

Be tough to get a good result at the Brandywell i'd say but should hopefully get the 3pts against Bray and go forward from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

In fairness going to Turners Cross on a Friday night is a great night out.

I see in another thread that people are complaining about the price of tickets to the cinema (and rightly so) but when you look at the value of an Adult Ticket (or even a kids ticket) for 90 minutes of live football its pretty worthwhile.

Started bringing my nephew a few years back and he was a huge Man U fan but now Utd seem to be relegated to second place in his affections.

The atmosphere in The Shed against Rovers last Friday night was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I haven't gone to a game since they were relegated a couple of years back but I would agree with the above. Its a good start to a night before going for a few pints afterwards.

The quality of football is not top notch but there can be some games with very good atmosphere and it can be good fun chanting along.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

George O' Callaghan wrote a good piece here about his time in Brunei.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/7648/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

How do people think we'll get on tonight? After last Friday, I'm hopeful of at least a draw, maybe even a win.

I was hoping to travel up, but that fell through in the end. A right balls, because Derry is one of the better trips. A good result would cheer me up.

George O' Callaghan wrote a good piece here about his time in Brunei.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/7648/

Enjoyable read...
    I think George is trying to carve out a media career now that he is back. I think he would make a good pundit.

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    How do people think we'll get on tonight? After last Friday, I'm hopeful of at least a draw, maybe even a win.

I was hoping to travel up, but that fell through in the end. A right balls, because Derry is one of the better trips. A good result would cheer me up.

1-1.
    Tadgh Purcell to get his first.
    The_Banker wrote: »
    Enjoyable read...
    I think George is trying to carve out a media career now that he is back. I think he would make a good pundit.

Agree.I think he has the makings of a soccer journalist going by those extratime blogs.

Lost 2-0 to Derry tonight. Both goals came in the second half. In the first half, we hit the bar and had two cleared off the line in quick succession. For **** sake.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

To be expected really. Bray next Friday down the X should see us winning our first game hopefully. It's very good value for money and with the hazy sunny evenings to come ( hopefully ) it makes for a good start to a night out.

• Advertisement

Heard McNulty was dodgy again on Fri nite, not his first howler this season either.

Would go to Wexford game but have no monies 'til payday :(.

City won 5-1 against Wexford last night in the first round of the League Cup. Spillane, Daryl Hogan, Purcell, Murphy and O'Neill scored. I was particularly happy with Purcell - scored and set up Dav's goal. Fair enough it was against a weakened Wexford side, but if this gives him the confidence to kick on against the better sides, he'll do well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

City won 5-1 against Wexford last night in the first round of the League Cup. Spillane, Daryl Hogan, Purcell, Murphy and O'Neill scored. I was particularly happy with Purcell - scored and set up Dav's goal. Fair enough it was against a weakened Wexford side, but if this gives him the confidence to kick on against the better sides, he'll do well.

were they playing at the cross?

Next Friday night at 7:45 against Bray.
    They will be tougher than Wexford Youths

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

They were. About 550 attendance - which is fairly ok to be honest for a match like that.

We really should be picking up our first 3pts at home to Bray on Friday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    They were. About 550 attendance - which is fairly ok to be honest for a match like that.

We really should be picking up our first 3pts at home to Bray on Friday.

I hope ye do

thats a good attendance for monday nite game : )

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

Great to see CCFC back in the big time. :)
    Just one question for yea's lads. Any idea off the top of your head how much a season ticket is? Its a good 5 or 6 years since I was at a game, and I wouldn't mind getting back in into them :o

Dercola wrote: »
    Great to see CCFC back in the big time. :)
    Just one question for yea's lads. Any idea off the top of your head how much a season ticket is? Its a good 5 or 6 years since I was at a game, and I wouldn't mind getting back in into them :o

168 for an adult about 70 for u18.

Easier just to pay as you go really, unless you really do plan to go to all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    168 for an adult about 70 for u18.

Easier just to pay as you go really, unless you really do plan to go to all of them.

Thanks for that. The reason I ask is because someone told me it was €50 for an adult, which sounded ridiculously cheap.. Agreed, its easier to pay as I go.. Cheers again, much obliged.

The dire start goes on.

• Advertisement

I wish we would just score in unjury time.....thus leaving any opposition no time to equalise....as they inevitably do....Bohs away next. They haven't even scored a goal yet, I've a feeling that will change.
    Anyone for a 1-1 score !!!!

Poor stuff last night alright, Bray were good for at least the draw considering their chances.I'm still saying the lads are still just bedding back into the PD and things will improve.

Anyone here heading up to Dalymount for the Bohs match on Friday? Heading up myself. Could be a bit of a crowd up there from City, if the three buses which are planned to run do run.

The club are running one of these buses. Leaves at 3PM and costs €25 for adults or €15 for under 16s. Email travel@corkcityfc.net or call 021 434 5574 to book a place.

http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/2012/03/28/supporters-bus-to-bohemians-game/

Anyone here heading up to Dalymount for the Bohs match on Friday? Heading up myself. Could be a bit of a crowd up there from City, if the three buses which are planned to run do run.

The club are running one of these buses. Leaves at 3PM and costs €25 for adults or €15 for under 16s. Email travel@corkcityfc.net or call 021 434 5574 to book a place.

tough place to go,but bohs haven't been playing great either?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Should be up and talking to ya alri. Probably be stuck in the Peter's End as per usual

tough place to go,but bohs haven't been playing great either?

They have a point less than us and haven't scored a goal in their five league games., though they've conceded two less.
    Should be up and talking to ya alri. Probably be stuck in the Peter's End as per usual

I quite like that end. Fond memories from the Cup semi-final five seasons ago. It's a shame that they don't let fans stand on the terrace anymore, though. At least it has a roof, though.

I'd still prefer to go to Section A of the main stand, mind.

City are through to the U19s Cup Final after a win in Waterford tonight. Waterford went ahead after nine minutes, but City equalised midway through the half with a goal from Rob Lehane. After finishing 1-1 in normal time, it looked to be heading to penalties, before Lehane was fouled in the box. Garry Buckley stepped up to send City through. Dundalk, who beat Bohs in the other semi last night, will be the opposition.

For the seniors, the club are running a bus to the Cup match against Limerick this Easter Monday. Since it's an afternoon, 4 o'clock kick off, the bus will be leaving at half 1 from Patrick's Quay. The cost is €15 for adults and €10 for under 16s. Email travel@corkcityfc.net or ring 021 434 5574 to book a seat. People who are interested in travelling should book ASAP. The cut off point is 4PM on Friday, so if there aren't enough numbers the bus won't run.
    http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/2012/04/04/bus-to-limerick-game-book-before-friday/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Crap Bohs scored just before half time. 1 -0 at moment. Pats and rovers entertaining on telly

A fairly crappy 1-0 loss. We were brutal.

At least rovers got hammered!

• Advertisement

G'wan City! have to beat Mons and wipe the smile off Rodericks face.

Advertisement