Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 4 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Fran just saw episode 4 there in the 'Joy. Carrie is a dirtbird now in his opinion. A"poxy dirtbird" were the exact words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

I actually found her seduction of Ayaan pretty creepy and disturbing. She is truly horrible this season. Imagine how he's going to feel when he finds out that his first sexual partner was using him to get to his uncle and is responsible for killing his mother and sister. There was no need for it. I can't see Quinn or Farah being comfortable with it, I hope they call her out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭lukin

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    I actually found her seduction of Ayaan pretty creepy and disturbing. She is truly horrible this season. Imagine how he's going to feel when he finds out that his first sexual partner was using him to get to his uncle and is responsible for killing his mother and sister. There was no need for it. I can't see Quinn or Farah being comfortable with it, I hope they call her out on it.

Yes but that's what I like about Homeland.No character is either "good" or "bad" (especially Carrie).They are all morally conflicted in one way or another.
    Tony Soprano was far from a saint but The Sopranos was still a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

lukin wrote: »
    Yes but that's what I like about Homeland.No character is either "good" or "bad" (especially Carrie).They are all morally conflicted in one way or another.
    Tony Soprano was far from a saint but The Sopranos was still a great show.

I can't think of any redeeming features for her this season. She's an amoral wagon. She blew up a wedding party, refused to acknowledge that it was her mistake, blackmailed a senator, lied to & seduced a medical student whose whole family she killed, almost drowned her own baby in a bathtub, and then abandoned the kid and stuck her sister with the responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

People are assholes. It's good writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

The baby is a brilliant bit of casting.

Absolutely. I've just watched the ep. with the baby in it (ep.2 or 3?), talk about a Brody clone! Scary. I wonder how hard they had to search to find his doppleganger.

Was skeptical about this series, and whether it had anything left, but I reckon it has potential. Carrie is a pretty compelling character, interested to see where it goes. Utterly different to series 1, but still got something.

Fran just saw episode 4 there in the 'Joy. Carrie is a dirtbird now in his opinion. A"poxy dirtbird" were the exact words.

You know you'd still do her though :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

Carrie has gone way beyond the call of duty with this

I knew Quinn was going to call her out on it...'you look like you're ****ing a child...enjoy'...classic! Poor old Saul, I hope Carrie doesn't drop a drone on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

episode 1 of this season was great,specially with Quinn, where the shooting happens while he tries to rescue guy and get away from the crowd.Also Fight in the dinner was epic to his role.As for the rest of the show it went to complete $hit with carrie,screwing terrorists,doing stupid stuff,its like watching town bike.

As with all shows the idea was great behind it,season 1&2 were great it should of ended there,rest is just making every episode more terrible,with crap stories behind it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I think this season's been decent so far, and now with the Saul storyline it'll get even better.

Holy s##t, what's going to happen to Saul I wonder? I knew he wasn't being careful enough in the airport when he was tailing Ghazi. It seems the whole thing was a sting operation to capture Saul and Ghazi never intended to take his flight.
    Thanks to Carrie's "recruiting" the CIA have no idea where he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Since when did an ex-director of the CIA travel unaccompanied through a dodgy foreign airport. Then proceed to do some intern level work capped off by following strange men into bathrooms.
    Fair ****s for calling Carrie out on her child abuse / recruiting policies.
    Best watched nowadays as a slapstick comedy.

I saw a very good line on Facebook: Carrie puts the "ho" in Homeland.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,974 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Homeland cannot survive as a compelling series without Brody, IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Although this season has been an improvement, I wouldnt be terribly upset if this was to be the last season. Any word on the next season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

I've been really enjoying this season. The last season was quite a bit tedious until near the end. A change of scenery and the toning down of the crazy in Carrie has helped. The ratings arent great though. well down on last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I am a Homeland fan but find the the Carrie and Aayan's scenes creepy. Damian Lewis is a great actor and he is missed but he had to be killed off (imo). I hope they don't kill off Quinn (yummy!)

Turned it off after half today's show
    Its a mess
    Needs a decent plot like an attack on west

Carrie just gets worse and worse. Getting ready to drop a bomb on Saul? I don't really get how Quinn got to second guess her authority on that- surely as station chief they'd have to do it if she was telling them to? It's interesting to see they spying/recruitment thing from the other side with yer man the ambassadors husband (he reminds me of George Dubya Bush fwiw). The recruiter is kind of like ISI Carrie. I'm guessing Quinn's going to go into stealth mode to rescue Saul.

• Advertisement

"Holy f###" indeed. I think Quinn spoke for us all when he said that. It's a right mess now that Haqqani has Saul. Carrie is turning into a deeply unpleasant person with her bullying and intimidation of everyone. The way she spoke to Fara was well out of order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    Carrie just gets worse and worse. Getting ready to drop a bomb on Saul? I don't really get how Quinn got to second guess her authority on that- surely as station chief they'd have to do it if she was telling them to? It's interesting to see they spying/recruitment thing from the other side with yer man the ambassadors husband (he reminds me of George Dubya Bush fwiw). The recruiter is kind of like ISI Carrie. I'm guessing Quinn's going to go into stealth mode to rescue Saul.

Probably had a bit to do with the command room listening in on her phone call to her boyfriend who was then shot in the head. It was a fairly dodgy call!

Cant wait for the awkward conversation when Saul and Carrie reunite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Its a mess

You may have missed one or two things...

I think this new angle is actually decent, if it builds to something by the end of the season. I am finding it a lot better than last season. Brodie was a tired storyline and needed to go. The complete lack of his family this season is such a bonus, every scene with them last season was horrible. This could potentially be a great season depending on what they build towards. Poor Aayan...felt sorry for him.

tvnutz wrote: »
    Poor Aayan...felt sorry for him.
    Every guy who f#### Carrie winds up dead :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Its a mess
    Too bad for you, you missed a fantastic ending.

Too bad for you, you missed a fantastic ending.

ill be going back to it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Thought that was a much better episode than the abysmal tripe that was aired last week. Much better. By far the most interesting aspects of this show are the spying and intelligence parts which this week was heavy on. Carrie being deeply unpleasant doesn't bother me actually, especially now that there'll be no more cringey seductions of boys going on. I do wish though that Quinn wasn't as watered down as is his now, I think there's a place for a reasonably moral character but I feel he's gone a bit too soft now.
    Anyway, I hope the season kicks on from that episode and can manage to avoid Homeland's biggest enemy: inconsistency. Ever since season 1 this show just hasn't been able to maintain any real momentum for more than an episode or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Maybe it's just me but I would have thought that if someone like Haqqani has the likes of Saul as a prisoner - doesn't that make it even more important to drop a bomb on them? Haqqani by himself should be a guaranteed bomb drop but when he has a prisoner like Saul I'd have expected them to level the place. Granted Saul isn't the CIA director anymore but he still knows one hell of a lot about current US intelligence operations and operatives around the globe, the kind of information that simply cannot be permitted to fall into the hands of a terrorist.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Was the love angle really necessary, I know Carrie is messed up in the head and had to make him trust her somehow but surely "saving" him numerous times would have done that without the need for the uncomfortable viewing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Just watched the last 3 on the spin there. The love scenes felt very unnecessary

Advertisement