Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Experience Necessary For Physio?

• 17-01-2012 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I was looking at universities for 2013 and am interested in doing physiotherapy.

Some of them have experience with physiotherapist as an entry requirement.

Do I have to do this for everywhere and is it just spending a week or two with a physio (I'll have to line something up over summer if I do).

Thanks, just need to clear it up as I don't want that to be a reason I don't get a course.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

It's probably good to have some experience regardless of whether or not it's a requirement. I'm applying for primary teaching in the UK and experience isn't a requirement for all the courses but I'm glad to have it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭JackD9922

Experience is vital if you are applying to the UK for a BSc of Physiotherapy. You really really need it to stand a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Vista255

what if you have a ITEC cert in Holistic Massage Therapy an worked with clients?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭JackD9922

No unfortunately that wont do, colleges require hospital work experience. I am sure your ITEC qualification's experience would be another thing to add to your PS but I certainly would be relying on it.

Advertisement