Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forza Motorsport 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

No you don't need Kinect thankfully. Details on the Collectors edition here http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/LCE_ForzaMotorsport4/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Here's the official car list: http://www.onlineracedriver.com/2011/07/20/forza-motorsport-4-full-official-car-list/

Although I don't know if that is everything that is going to be in the game. I'd assume optional package cars in Forza 3 like the Jag XF-R will be included.

Highlights of the above list for me are the Audi RS2, BMW E34 M5, M635CSI, Ford Taurus SHO and the Volvo S60 T6.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

VolvoMan wrote: »
    Here's the official car list: http://www.onlineracedriver.com/2011/07/20/forza-motorsport-4-full-official-car-list/

Although I don't know if that is everything that is going to be in the game. I'd assume optional package cars in Forza 3 like the Jag XF-R will be included.

Highlights of the above list for me are the Audi RS2, BMW E34 M5, M635CSI, Ford Taurus SHO and the Volvo S60 T6.

You sure it's full list?

I have seen videos of mk1 mx5, but it's not on the list...

Skylines are only r32 and r34

E34 m5 is a nice touch, but I am missing alot of cars that would be in any car game these days.

Even grand dad dodge charger is not on the list... Weird

You sure it's full list?

I have seen videos of mk1 mx5, but it's not on the list...

Skylines are only r32 and r34

E34 m5 is a nice touch, but I am missing alot of cars that would be in any car game these days.

Even grand dad dodge charger is not on the list... Weird

Actually, I think it's only a third of it.

It was compiled by someone going by what has been seen in preview videos so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭bridgemond

Yup only 30% of the cars. Can wait to see a 100% list. Should be some nice new cars I hope:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

geif Audi r18

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Wonder if you choose the Nürburgring will James May pop up and start ranting about it :pac:

Actually, I think it's only a third of it.

It was compiled by someone going by what has been seen in preview videos so far.

My heart.... Good so :) as I was getting worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭bridgemond

What new cars would ye like to see lads?

I would like:
    E30 325i sport
    Gt turbo starlet
    97 Shape hatchback type R civic
    A proper MINI
    VZR almera
    Mivec Colt

bridgemond wrote: »

I would like:
    E30 325i sport
    Gt turbo starlet
    97 Shape hatchback type R civic
    A proper MINI
    VZR almera
    Mivec Colt

mazda mx5 mk2
    r33/r34 4 door gtst/gtt ( you can only dream lol )

the rest of cars are prey much in game anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

ford fiesta :D seeing as thats the pos im forced to drive around in these days

bridgemond wrote: »

I'm hoping the Volvo 242 that was part of the Classic Car Package in Forza 3 makes it. If so, I look forward to dropping the engine from an S60R into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Has anyone pre-ordered the Collectors Edition yet? If so, where is doing the best deal on it? The only place I've seen so far, although I haven't been looking much yet, is Gamestop @ €58.47. Think I paid €65 for the Forza 3 LCE, so I'm tempted to get it at this price.

markc1184 wrote: »
    Has anyone pre-ordered the Collectors Edition yet? If so, where is doing the best deal on it? The only place I've seen so far, although I haven't been looking much yet, is Gamestop @ €58.47. Think I paid €65 for the Forza 3 LCE, so I'm tempted to get it at this price.

Is it really worth it though?

I got the F3 Collector's Edition last time and all I found beneficial was the USB stick.

How much is the standard game likely to be by the way?

So....

Has anyone pre ordered this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Demo is out today, few different modes to play with 4 or 5 cars to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

So....

Has anyone pre ordered this yet?

I will this weekend.
    The one who will pre-orders will get 5 extra cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Didn't know about this till i seen an ad for it today,looks very nice indeed. Might be a day 1 purchase for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Live is down, can't get the demo. When I tried it said there was a problem with Market Place and now Live is gone down completely. Even on xbox.com the service is down. I'd say a combination of GoW3 MP, BF3 beta and FIFA 12 MP broke it :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Live is down, can't get the demo. When I tried it said there was a problem with Market Place and now Live is gone down completely. Even on xbox.com the service is down. I'd say a combination of GoW3 MP, BF3 beta and FIFA 12 MP broke it :D.

Cheers for this. Was wondering what the problem was as Xbox Live Connection test says it's okay but sign-in failed! Was dreading someone had hacked my account again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Downloaded the demo today, it looks brilliant drives nicely can't wait to get into the tuning and tinkering in the full version.

I spent a good five minutes just looking at the Ferrari 458. The reflections of the lights on the paint flowing over the curves and lines of the car as it rotates shows every little detail.

Roll on October 14th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

same only different no it's the same but looks better. The last one grew old after level 20 this will be the same unless you are a car nut / upgrade nut.

In short looks great but delivers nothing extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

calex71 wrote: »
    same only different no it's the same but looks better. The last one grew old after level 20 this will be the same unless you are a car nut / upgrade nut.

In short looks great but delivers nothing extra.

In shorter: wasn't broke, didn't fix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

can the demo be downloaded on a silver account?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hollowlands

can the demo be downloaded on a silver account?

No, but just set up another profile on the xbox which will have 1 month free gold subscription so you can download it. You can still play it on your main profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

got a 9.5 over at ign, forza really does seem to be kicking ass these days

an 8.5 from gamespot though, a whole point seems a bit harsh for the game being similar to forza 3 tbh, its a racing sim after all

Got 91% on xbox360achievements.org

• Advertisement

an 8.5 from gamespot though, a whole point seems a bit harsh for the game being similar to forza 3 tbh, its a racing sim after all

Jeeze, bet they give MW3 a 9 though even though its similar MW2.

I never take gamespot's reviews with any merit anymore. Half of them have no clue of the game they are reviewing most of the time. Sure they gave Perfect Dark Zero a 9/10 ffs just because of the hype around it. It was muck on release.

Bring on F4, pity about the Kinect head tracking being a bit iffy. I was hoping for a Track IR type performance from it which works great on the PC but you have to wear a baseball cap or a dot on your headset for it to work.

Advertisement