Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

The insurance and ambulance chaser ads on digital bug me as do the meteor ads. The Bud ad with the screaming muppet really annoys me.

I think the new MFI ad with the grumpy teen is quite clever though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

"Cool down lads its there for the taking, cool down"

Sit down before I deck you, you fuppin twat

The new RTE ads where you have the presenters "interacting" with people from different show gets to me. Not that it's a bad idea but a dog with a hammer up his arse could have written better lines for the presenters.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭BANZAI_RUNNER

any of those Fruice ads, i cant stand them....aaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh,
    but just off topic, i do like the coke ad based on grand theft auto, shown at the cinema, worth a look, do a search on youtube if you want to see it..

Yeah but to counteract that you have the Coke Zero ad with the annoying Aussie(at least my tv comes with a mute button,plank).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭BANZAI_RUNNER

surprised you know how to use it , turnip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

lukin wrote:
    Also the McDonalds one where that guy has the piss taken out of him by his friends for getting a job there. Surely a disincentive to work for them if anything, what are the guys who come up with these ads thinking of?
    Self deprecation?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

That f**kin radio ad....

"Hiiiiiii I'm Neville Knott......We'll have the kettle on and some lollipops for the kids..."

What the f**k is that about?!

Oh who the f**k is called Neville Knott!!!! :confused:

surprised you know how to use it , turnip.

You do realise I wasn't calling you a plank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

That one ad for coke doing the TV just now....the bollocks with the bottle pretending it's a Nokia and then handing it to his giggly co-star. Now if it had have been the crazy frog ringtone then that might have been funny....at least the first few times, this is just annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

The Diet Coke Radio ad with the chick in the annoying american accent 'do you feel bad, do you feel good.........' bla...bla...

Tastes like crap anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,188 ✭✭✭jos28

The Heineken ad where your man is roaring his name at the idiot at the reception desk. Does my head in !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

jos28 wrote:
    The Heineken ad where your man is roaring his name at the idiot at the reception desk. Does my head in !

That ad really annoys me. The receptionist is such a knob! Why does he pretend he can't hear him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

heineken can do so much better than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Davedubh

The most annoying at the moment is the beer ad with a scummy south american guy repeatedly shouting his name in a hotel lobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

That damn Harvey Norman ad !!! That flam'in tune dickens my sollocks !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Davedubh

GDM wrote:
    Yeah but to counteract that you have the Coke Zero ad with the annoying Aussie(at least my tv comes with a mute button,plank).
    Yeah,hes the most annoying tv ad aussie after harvey norman.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,360 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

jos28 wrote:

That ad annoys me so much I either mute the television or turn over when it comes on. Like nails on a blackboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I despise most if not all adds currently showing. Has anybody noticed that the volume of the adds (the sound level) is always a fair bit higher than the show your currently watching...ya have to lower them down constantly then back up when your show comes back on argh!

Most of the UK car insurance are pathetic, it's the same with the majority of Irish radio(national radio cabs and the Dublin Pub ad with Lucy Keneddy being the most annoying) ads. Just because you can make an ad cheaply by using brainless actors and a script devised while drunk doesn't mean you should.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TEH REAL CDP

not sure if this has been mentioned but that "ring ring ring ring bannanaphone" advert is probably the most irksome thing I have heard in months....

AND I HATE "LAND OF LEATHER" ADS.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

I hate those Glomobi ads! who the fuck would want a screaming brat as their ringtone? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Mikosyko wrote:
    I hate those Glomobi ads! who the fuck would want a screaming brat as their ringtone? :mad:

What's always scared me about those ads is their frequency; at the rates TV adverts must cost, that means that these company must be stinging a whole lot of unsuspecting kids for their phone credit to pay the bills.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

EnterNow wrote:
    I despise most if not all adds currently showing. Has anybody noticed that the volume of the adds (the sound level) is always a fair bit higher than the show your currently watching...ya have to lower them down constantly then back up when your show comes back on argh!
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Must complain to the http://asai.ie could try http://www.iapi.ie/ too for all the good it will do

The lifestyle ads, where they show a lifestyle or situation that people would like, AND HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PRODUCT but they hope people will subconciously link them. Like the AIB ad a while back with yer man waiting at the cinema. WTF has that got to do with a bunch of overcharging *ankers ?

On a related note( I think) am I the only one who is annoyed by the Centra ad showing all those nice looking happy people doing their shopping and then relaxing on the balcony of an apartment in the sun. Are we meant to think that that represents something you can actually do in Ireland? Where's the rain, umbrellas and drenched bystanders? Rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

The Sheilas Wheels ad on the BBC 'for bonza car insurance deals youve got to shop at sheilas wheels' or any ads with annoying Jingles like that.

The Mc Donalds ads with Johnny Logan (need i say more?)

Linda Martin and the Money penny ads (i cant watch her on the telly...she irratates me ) or any ad of a financial nature to be honest bugs the **** out of me.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The Sheilas Wheels ad on the BBC 'for bonza car insurance deals youve got to shop at sheilas wheels' or any ads with annoying Jingles like that.

Would it be overly picky of me to point out that the BBC don't have ads? ;)

But you're right, it's bloody annoying.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

zaph wrote:
    Would it be overly picky of me to point out that the BBC don't have ads? ;)

But you're right, it's bloody annoying.
    Don't BBC World have them on satellite ?

But yeah all those adds on satellite channels are in a race to the bottom. Anything that mentions CCJ's or credit rating or re-financing ( Shame on Carol Volderman appearing in one ). Has anyone mentioned those car finance deals where you can drive away in a clapped out ex-fleet car today.

Those ring tone adds are shameful, they are obviously aimed at people too young to legally subscribe to them.

What about the Irish Psysics ads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No, the worst satellite ads are the ones for "Picture" loans. Xylophone music in the background, happy smiley people getting into more debt, people tripping hilariously over scooters or walking around the house with a football in hand. Oh ho ho... cracks me up every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭maniac101

Ads for furniture shops!
    They seem to have sales constantly. Their discounts on 'beautiful' leather sofas will always be in excess of an 'amazing' 60 or 70% – and they'll throw in an additional patio set worth €1599 for free!
    If you believed them, it would make you feel sorry for the poor suckers who paid the full price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement