Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to use survey monkey or other provider of online surveys

• 07-06-2014 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,
    I need to compile a survey/questionnaire for my Masters thesis. I've been told by my lecturer to use Survey Monkey as the responses from participants will be anonymous. My problem is that survey monkey will only allow me to ask 10 questions free of charge. If I need to use more than 10 then the cost is 25 euro which I cannot afford at the moment.

I am wondering if anyone has used any other site for compiling a survey which would allow approximately 15-20 questions but still be free of charge. The site would also have to allow all those who complete the questionnaire for me to be totally anonymous.

Hope someone can help. Thank you very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭bakergirl91

Hello there, to be honest, as far as i know SurveyMonkey is a good solid one to go with. Ive also used Qualtrics for mine? What i would do, if you havent already, is go back to your supervisor and discuss the options with them. For example, my supervisor used her own surveymonkey account to put my survey together. So maybe ye could do that ? Hope i have helped somehow if your still stuck ! best of luck with it !

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭stephenamccann

Survey Monkey is reliable, good customer service and easy to use. I am currently doing my MBA and using Qualtrics.com. Very easy to use and so far, free. 12 responses, launched yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mdolly123

I am doing a Masters in criminology and have found an online survey tool that is much cheaper for students than Survey Monkey and SurveyGizmo and the like. It offers really easy tutorials and there are lots of features for creating visually appealing charts and graphs, it allows you to export data to various other programmes like SPSS and excel very easily if you need to run more in-depth reports. Easy for creating URL's for posting on web forums or other social media or if you are going to mail surveys it provides tools for this. It allows for vast range of question types and quotas and for thousands of respondents. There is a free account that allows many more functions than Survey Monkey but I went with the generous upgrade for students that gives huge discount on prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Sciscitatio

Ya survery gizmo is good, the only thing that is poor about it is that the surveys look a bit cheap to the participant. Alot of students for this reason us Qualtrics.com over it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement