Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tekken 6 - Tournament Dublin - 6th November 2010

• 27-09-2010 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi guys,

We are looking to organise a tekken 6 tournament in Dublin by the end of October . Either the 23 or 30 of october, depending on most people availibility.
    We start with the 30 at the mo.

Cash price would be 5 eur.
    50 % will go to the winner.
    Venue will be XGC Internet cafe in Dublin 1

Tourney will start at 2 pm and should finish before 7pm.

24 seats are available at the moment.

PLease post here if you are interested :

- Triademan
    - Domonator
    - God fisted Kaz
    - Scavenger XIII
    - Gorysnake
    - K.O.KIKI
    - Reddragonjack

TEST YOU WELL :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Triademan wrote: »
    Hi guys,

We are looking to organise a tekken 6 tournament in Dublin by the end of October . Either the 23 or 30 of october, depending on most people availibility.
    We start with the 30 at the mo.

Cash price would be 5 eur.
    50 % will go to the winner.
    Venue will be XGC Internet cafe in Dublin 1

Tourney will start at 2 pm and should finish before 7pm.

24 seats are available at the moment.

PLease post here if you are interested :

- Triademan
    - Domonator
    - God fisted Kaz

Yep, i'm definitely up for this. I had some good games in Poland and it has rekindled my interest in the game somewhat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Good stuff trying to get an active, competitive tekken scene going here lads, I wish you well. You should put up a flier on the Tekken 6 arcade machines in Quirkeys. There's still some good few good players that play in them. As far as I know Istvan & Suki Dayo Kawaii still pop in there from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Not a big Tekken player but colour me somewhat interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Havent played Tekken in a long time, I might be interested in this.

You would be much better off organising this tournament for the 23rd of October for a larger turnout. The Street Fighter Community here will be running tournaments from 29th to the 31st of October at Gamer Expo: http://streetfighter.ie/?p=1337

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm in.

Scrub pad Bryan AWW YEAHHH!!

PS probably dropping 2D for Tekken Tag 2 if it's any good.

Unless we get Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code, or Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown on console.

*edit* oh ****, it clashes with Gamer Expo :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭RedDragonJack

Put my name down please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

More details are needed.

Who are you guys? Are you from tekken zaibatzu?

Are you looking to make money off your tournament or will all funds be to cover costs and prizes?

Either way good luck with your tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Hey lads, wish you the best running this tournament, would be great to have another active game in the scene running events regularly - however I agree with the posters in this thread that the weekend of the 30th is the worst date you could be running this on, as it conflicts with GAMER Expo.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Triademan

Tks for the ideas and comments guys, we ll advertise at XGC and Doctor Q.

For the tourney we can move it to the 23 october.

We are from Zaibastu and are great tekken fans.

To Answer about the money, the main goal is to get enough money to pay XGC for hosting the tourney and to get a small cash price for the winner. Like any E-sport tourney, the goal is to promote the game and to share a passion. Not really to make a huge fianancial profit ! ^^

I add the guys names below, and dont forget to talk about it around you guys ! :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Triademan wrote: »
    Tks for the ideas and comments guys, we ll advertise at XGC and Doctor Q.

For the tourney we can move it to the 23 october.

We are from Zaibastu and are great tekken fans.

To Answer about the money, the main goal is to get enough money to pay XGC for hosting the tourney and to get a small cash price for the winner. Like any E-sport tourney, the goal is to promote the game and to share a passion. Not really to make a huge fianancial profit ! ^^

I add the guys names below, and dont forget to talk about it around you guys ! :)

Sounds like you're doing it for the right reasons anyway, that's probably the best way to get the community behind you!

The Blazblue crowd are doing an EPIC job of getting their game off the ground right now too, and at the moment they're running free entry into their Wheel of Hype tourney so that new players will be more enticed to enter (it is a 5er to cover consoles). I would suggest you follow a similar plan for your first few tourneys, it'd definitely entice people of my skill level (none in this game) to join up and have a laugh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

sounds good, glad to play tekken 6 again. This would be a good thing to get tekken running back on it's feet.

Yop,

Cool guys, I add you. Let s keep it that way !

If you are interested, please post !

TEST YOU WELL :cool:

Hi Guys,

We would need some help there...the guys from SF4 could help maybe...

Is someone good enough to make a poster for the tourney ?

I am really crap at doing this..We would need 2 posters.

One to put in XGC and another one in Q.

basic info should content the price 5 Eur.

The date 23 October, starting time 1pm and an email adress for more info : triademan@hotmail.fr

Please help us...

TEST U WELL :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I would but I got no skillz :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

On the site

http://streetfighter.ie/?p=1372

I've no idea if I'm free that weekend but I'll probably go to Gaelcon if I'm free.

Doubt I'll be at this, DS are running an event in Belfast that weekend and it kinda gets priority on account of being 80-90 miles closer to home. :p

Doubt I'll be at this, DS are running an event in Belfast that weekend and it kinda gets priority on account of being 80-90 miles closer to home. :p

I thought that was in November?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eamo_83

hi all, i'd defo be up for this tournament ... where exactly is this internet cafe?

I thought that was in November?

Nah, 2 different events... I think... I'd better check though, wouldn't be the dumbest mistake I've ever made. :pac:

eamo_83 wrote: »
    hi all, i'd defo be up for this tournament ... where exactly is this internet cafe?

The cafe is on Liffey Street in Dublin.

There's a google maps link in the address section here : http://streetfighter.ie/?p=1372

^^ See what I did there? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Nah, 2 different events... I think... I'd better check though, wouldn't be the dumbest mistake I've ever made. :pac:

http://www.dragonslayers.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=105:first-slayers-24-event-of-term-23rd-24th-october-

The other event (on 20/11) is the one Vyze is running.

Guys,

We need to change the date to the 07 November coz there not enough players.

Please talk people about it and let me know if any questions.

TEST YOU WELL ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

7th of november is a Sunday.

On the 6th is Inferno XIV: Payback

A sunday?

You will get less people, garuanteed.

You need to accept you will start out small and build up, just like the SF and blaz blue communities did.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

A sunday?

You will get less people, garuanteed.

You need to accept you will start out small and build up, just like the SF and blaz blue communities did.

Blazblue had it tough >.<

chueytoo wrote: »
    Blazblue had it tough >.<

That's cause it sucks :P

As far as the tournament goes you'll need to start out small.
    I think the worst thing you can do at this stage is to not hold a tournament. The day of the tournament might make a slight difference but it's not going to be huge, as to be honest there just doesn't seem to be a massive fanbase for 3D fighters.

You also have to remember that while people might not say that they will be there, they may turn up on the day. Looking at the last Inferno 26 people said they would come but we ended up with 38 people. Holding the tournaments regularly is what will get people to show up.

You need to build up a good core of regulars and you're not going to do that by moving the tournament. Commit to the day, run it and see where you stand. Look at the Northern scene. They started with 3 people but they kept at it and now they've a good base of players, one of whom got top 16 at SvB.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Even though he said 7th of November both here and on TZ, today he posted that it's on Saturday the 6th.

I already informed him that this will probably rule out any SF players who said they'd play.

Hi Guys,

thanks for updating the topic title, i did not how to do it myself...

Can someone update this to the 13 November ? We won t change the date anymore...this one is 100 sure.

So if some of the players who said they are interested can confirm their coming on the 13 that would be good.

TEST YOU WELL :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Wheel of Hype for BlazBlue that day.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Xinkai wrote: »
    Wheel of Hype for BlazBlue that day.:P
    Oh, I think we can run both of those on the same day.

The Tekken heads can see how a small community works then ;)

@Triademan: Send a PM to the mods (Azza or Doctor_Doom)

Advertisement