Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Harney on Today FM

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Like everything in this country. People get hysterical about things they know little or nothing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Ah tritium that's the whole point. If it's always somebody elses fault then we don't have to do anything about it. It's easier (safer) that way.

Your original post was better.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

SheroN wrote: »
    Like everything in every country. People get hysterical about things they know little or nothing about.

Fixed! Lets be honest here, this isn't unique to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

brim4brim wrote: »
    Fixed! Lets be honest here, this isn't unique to Ireland.

Not unique to Ireland. But we have turned in a pack of whinging *****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

SheroN wrote: »
    Not unique to Ireland. But we have turned in a pack of whinging *****.

We're just aprticularly good at pointing out the wrongness of everything and being oblivious to anything good.

In this instance however , discussing a life saving vaccine is not whinging. The amount of people defending this decision is pretty alarming to me. The whoel comment about parent having one less drink an all of that .... and the whole I pay for I pod comment etc kinda points to people missing the whole point - The system has failed, when the **** hits the fan, your health, your kids education, your old folks get left in the fallout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Boggle wrote: »
    No it hasn't. It may or may not become available next year but unless they change the rules so that 13 year olds now get it then they will have to vaccinate 12 and 13 year olds, at twice the cost of this year. So next year, when the economy is in worse shape you believe that she will find 20 million??

The two strains of cancer that this vaccine prevents are only "caused" through sexual activitity thats why they targeted the 12yr old. get them injected long before they start because unless you live under a rock everybody know that some kids as young as 13/14 are sexually active.

Some countries only inject at 16. Mary did refer to starting the programme in secondary school to get the 14yrs old with the intention of working backwards towards the national schools.

Slightly off topic but I know the MMR is still a contentious issue and will some parents treat this the same and not give it to their kids?

i still say they could have worked both programmes of screening and vaccine together but to say people would die is a bit much. what age were those who died over the last few years with cervical cancer? i doubt they were 12yrs old.

Advertisement