Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which city in the country do you like most?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Galway and Waterford would be the only other cities in Ireland I'd consider living in. Galway is just deadly and Waterford suprised me by it's distinct alrightness after thinking the place was a kip!

and LOLZ @ the person voting for Sligo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

when i voted galway and seen sligo with only one vote i felt guilty, i'm a sligo lad but im down in the uni in galway.
    I love galway as it's very laid back and often random, it's small, yet it's big, but not too big. I admit, Dublin is obviously the best place for shopping for general shi.te, but i love galway. But for now it's a sligo based summer for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Cork and then Galway, but Im being biased as I study down in Cork, both are great cities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

You'd think Galway would be running away with the poll judging by the replies so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

exiot wrote:
    Cork and then Galway, but Im being biased as I study down in Cork, both are great cities

Cork and Galway are not cities - well to me anyway. I should have said in the poll 'would you rather live in the city or one of these towns':D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Galwaaaaaay
    We have the Gal and the Way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

darkman2 wrote:
    Cork and Galway are not cities - well to me anyway. I should have said in the poll 'would you rather live in the city or one of these towns':D;)

Ouch.....

For me Cork followed very closely by Galway.
    Dublin isn't for living in, should only be used for All-Ireland matches.......

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

darkman2 wrote:
    Hello Jack :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

whoever said Limerick is lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Deffinately Limerick, or maybe Waterford.

Cork is too hilly, Galway is one street, and Dublin is a district of London.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

How can you include sligo and not kilkenny:confused:
    Derry ftw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Well, Dublin is winning:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I prefer Galway to Cork as cities go, but living in Cork is nearer to both our families which makes all the difference really when you've a young kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

darkman2 wrote:
    Well, Dublin is winning:D

I know, I feel sorry for all the deluded people on here too. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Galway: I'm into the arts (creative writing and theatre).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Cork - it's very relaxed and laid back bai.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Dunno which muppets picked waterford. The place is one big halting site ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Definitely Dublin. There's so few Irish there, it's like living on the continent!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How could anybody pick sligo?
    I am also from there, and I can't see what you see in it.

Anyway, galway is much better than dublin to me, it's not even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Born and raised in Kilkenny myself, given the choice would I live there? Oh HELL NO!

I've been to Galway many times, I really don't see the appeal, any time I've been there I've been bored silly, frankly I think its a shíte city, as is Cork and most of the rest, for me its Dublin all the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Galway for me, always have a special place in me heart for that place....even if it is overrun with over-emotional, hippie-ish, know-it-all, oh-so funny young people. Eurgh, i don't know how anyone could pick Sligo, it's so grey and bland and it always looks wet.....even on a sunny day. Living there for 3 years nearly drove me mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Dublin baby!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Osk

bug wrote:
    whoever said Limerick is lying.

All 29 of us?! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

Osk wrote:
    All 29 of us?! ;)

30 and counting

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MrSquishSquash

Never been to Galway so until then I'm giving my vote to Cork. Not to big & not to small, nice friendly people( Hard to find in Dublin! ) and some of the best craic! As for Dublin, even the thought of visiting there is off-putting! It's a sprawling mess of a city. Brutal transport, overpriced accomodation, well overpriced everything but i have had a few good nights there to be fair! :rolleyes:

D2 - the club that sums up Dublin in one word for me: Pretentious!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Never been to Galway so until then I'm giving my vote to Cork. Not to big & not to small, nice friendly people( Hard to find in Dublin! ) and some of the best craic! As for Dublin, even the thought of visiting there is off-putting! It's a sprawling mess of a city. Brutal transport, overpriced accomodation, well overpriced everything but i have had a few good nights there to be fair! :rolleyes:

D2 - the club that sums up Dublin in one word for me: Pretentious!
    In fairness, pretension is found in every club in Ireland, not just Dublin. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Dublin's not so bad. City Centre is nice when its a nice day out but the rest of the time and outside of the city centre, its horrible which is why I live in Maynooth and commute.

Cork is the nicest City I've been to, Galway is good too but I voted for Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Oh, didnt see belfast on the list. Nice place to go out in, and plenty to do. But you gotta watch your mouth. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

Like thats a question... DUBLIN!

Who on earth is picking limerick????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Galway followed by Limerick
    darkman2 wrote:

Pfft. Have you ever seen any of the other capital cities of the world? Kind of makes Dublin look like a cramped little village in comparison :rolleyes:
    Who on earth is picking limerick????

People who have bothered to travel outside of Dublin?

Advertisement