Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung smart TV ERROR MODEL BIND

• 03-03-2013 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My Samsung so-called SMART tv suddenly refused to connect to the internet or Netflix, displaying the error message ERROR_MODEL_BIND. I wasted about an hour googleing the error for a solution and reseting the TV twice to no avail. Then I contacted Samsung support an this is all they could offer:
    I am sorry to hear that you have encountered some problems with the Smart Hub and internet services on your TV and I can understand how frustrating it may be as you can not use all of the available features on your TV at the moment.

Please be advised that we are aware that there are some issues with the Smart Hub and this is currently being investigated by the engineers. It has been recognised that there is a server problem and we would hope to have a resolution for this as soon as possible however do not have a specific date for this.

In the meantime I thank you for your patience and I apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭dubrov

I have the same error on my Samsung smart tv.
    It started appearing today.

From a quick google, it looks like it happens when Samsung take down their own network to conduct maintenance. So it should be back up tomorrow.

Terrible design by Samsung though.The TV should operate independently of their network

• Registered Users Posts: 1 andrezsan

I'm getting the same error, but it started yesterday.

I'm from Colombia :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 stephendowney

I am having the same problem here all evening. It seems strange to design a "Smart TV" with a single point of failure when their smart hub server goes down.

Do not have any automatic failover?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

This has happened a few times since I got my Samsung set in November - even apps such as Plex that only connect to the local network are locked out if the tv can't phone home to Samsung servers. Terrible design!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Gun_Slinger

This happened me yesterday as well although it is back working again now. Albeit with all Apps I had installed myself gone! Had to reinstall Netflix, Youtube etc again.

Have to agree this is a terrible design in an otherwise great tv. shame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭dubrov

All working today for me again without any changes so looks like it was due to a Samsung outage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭mollser

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/samsung.com.html

his happening me tonight on two sets, anyone else?

Yep seems to be euro wide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

mollser wrote: »
    http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/samsung.com.html

his happening me tonight on two sets, anyone else?

Yep seems to be euro wide

Is it still down for yous?

I'm seeing reports that it's back on isitdownrightnow, but not for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭emaherx

Is it still down for yous?

I'm seeing reports that it's back on isitdownrightnow, but not for me :(

Should be working now. It is on mine anyway.
    Did you change any settings yesterday when the server was down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

emaherx wrote: »
    Should be working now. It is on mine anyway.
    Did you change any settings yesterday when the server was down?

Nope I'll try it again now, thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

is that still sending your viewing habits back to Korea? Another privacy issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭mollser

Its on odd system, frustrating that the Samsung servers seem to log everything your doing.

Its, dare I say it, a bit Appleesque.

Thankfully the smart tv functions I use it most for are its DLNA capabilities via Serviio and occasionally Acestream. Or is it logging these as well :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3 artyeefs

I have just encountered the same problem. I was trying to link my phone as a smart remote. Ithought that was the problem. So the problem is external to my tv. Its very frustrating.

I am using smart remote but I still cant get a touch mouse effect. Touch smart times out. I still have to scroll with arrows to move across the screen, any advice would be appreciated.
    thanks for any info on this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭emaherx

artyeefs wrote: »
    I have just encountered the same problem. I was trying to link my phone as a smart remote. Ithought that was the problem. So the problem is external to my tv. Its very frustrating.

I am using smart remote but I still cant get a touch mouse effect. Touch smart times out. I still have to scroll with arrows to move across the screen, any advice would be appreciated.
    thanks for any info on this

No issues with servers today. It could be an issue with your setup especially if you have been thinkering with your network setting.

tv gives that message any time it cant contact servers.(dosent always have to be an issue at Samsungs end).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 artyeefs

Thanks emaherx

Later today the tv installed updates after freezing for a while so that may have been the smart remote up dating. Even though I have it linked for two weeks now.The smart touch is still not working on it, but I will figure it out

Advertisement