Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

watch the dates when importing a car.

• 21-07-2014 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Registered our car we bought earlier in NI in the month and asked the person at the NCTS / VRT section what happened if the appointment is over the 30 days of the vehicle being imported into Ireland because there is none available before?

She told me well you will be charged the late submission fine for not completing the process within the 30 days deadline regardless of appointment available or not. and then you'll have to file a request to claim to dispute your fine.

Although they fix the rules, they don't care that they're the one at fault for not having enough appointments available you still have to pay the fine and then try to claim it back !!!

Call me suspicious but that's easy money! don't like that so be careful and plan ahead when buying your car abroad !
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I got caught out by this for around €180. Didnt mind too much at the time because turned out the spec on documents was lower than what was actually in the car so saved around €500 that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

They can't even put a system in place to take wads of makeyupey tax off people within their own timeframe rules.

I sometimes wonder about the people running this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Slaacer

question is not sure who cash in the money whether it is the NCTS saying it is the law or do they pass it on to revenue?

either way it is wrong and a nasty way to make money from tax payers ! :mad:

the consistency and fairness in the assessment of NCT from the company running these centre is still highly questionable ! I had my NCT failed and not allowed to drive away when one of their employee broke the bonnet latch during the inspection and saying I couldn't drive off as it was in their lists of high risk fails so had to call up a truck 300E later I had to re-present the car - which flew past of course. but they refused all liability although he broke it (how could I had driven to the centre if the bonnet couldn't close and lock!!!) he refused to give me his name just gave me the document and walked out - off course he knew he broke it - saw it through the window... the way he pushed the bonnet down...no wonder... and then his attitude but then the other assessor at the same centre was a lovely man who gave me some specific information on what to watch with the car and had a great attitude - completely day and night to the other guy and he told me the other guy was a plonker anyway. Why can't they all be like the second assessor who was great !

Advertisement