Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Bourne Legacy (Bourne 4)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

Jonny7 wrote: »
    You'll all still watch it... thats right... and you'll secretly like it...

your right i will watch anyways

franco is a great actor could bring new life to the series even though damon was great in the role

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

lockie1983 wrote: »
    I don't get calling it Bourne Legacy and not have Bourne in it at all, its like having a Bond film called Bond Legacy and having no James Bond in it!
    I don't mind the title, makes sense to me. As Gilroy said, the first three films is the trigger for what happens in this film, the legacy Bourne has left maybe?

As for Franco as the lead role I'm not too sure. I love him as an actor but really can't imagine him in this type of role.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a311003/dominic-cooper-linked-to-bourne-legacy.html

Dominic Cooper, Garrett Hedlund, Luke Evans and Joel Edgerton will screentest for the Bourne Legacy lead role next month.
    Deadline reports that the four actors will audition for writer/director Tony Gilroy's spinoff of Matt Damon's spy saga in the first week of April.
    Shia LaBeouf is also said to be a contender to lead the movie, while Taylor Kitsch and Logan Marshall-Green have been named as possible stars.
    The Bourne Legacy will not feature Damon's Jason Bourne character. Instead, according to Gilroy, it will show audiences "the bigger picture, the bigger canvas" surrounding the spy's actions in the previous three movies.
    Jake Gyllenhaal, Tobey Maguire and Josh Hartnett were recently named as potential stars for The Bourne Legacy.
    The movie is due to arrive in cinemas in 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

There have been another 7 Bourne books written since Bourne Ultimatum.
    I'm not holding much hope if it isn't gonna star Matt Damon as he really nailed it imo.
    He has around 5 or 6 films scheduled for the next few yrs, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see him return to the role sometime in the future. At least I hope he will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Edit*
    So Norton is in the Bourne.
    With No Greengrass and No Damon I cant see this being anywhere near as good as it's predecessors.
    Out next year apparently.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1194173/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Is he actually playing Bourne though?
    Sounds like a disaster if he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

found this on a film site...

"It’s quite likely that his (Norton) role as the villain in The Bourne Legacy​ sequel, without Bourne but Jeremy Renner as a Bourne-like agent, could bring him back to further glory where he can go back to playing the tortured souls convincingly like he did in Primal Fear, American History X and Fight Club."

flanree wrote: »
    found this on a film site...

"It’s quite likely that his (Norton) role as the villain in The Bourne Legacy​ sequel, without Bourne but Jeremy Renner as a Bourne-like agent, could bring him back to further glory where he can go back to playing the tortured souls convincingly like he did in Primal Fear, American History X and Fight Club."

Wow with Renner and Norton on board it could be awesome :)

http://www.digitalspy.ie/movies/news/a352287/jeremy-renner-reveals-bourne-legacy-character-name-plot-details.html

Jeremy Renner has revealed details about his character in forthcoming espionage thriller The Bourne Legacy.
    The Oscar-nominated Hurt Locker and The Town star has disclosed the name of his secret agent, who will step into the shoes of Matt Damon's Jason Bourne.
    "My character is called Aaron Cross, but he ends up having a bunch of different names," Renner told Empire.
    The actor reassured fans that The Bourne Legacy will deliver the same action-packed thrills as the previous movies in the series, but on a larger scale.
    "For fans of the franchise, it has that same ticking clock, but it's a new programme and new characters.
    "It's that same deal [with Treadstone], it's just a new set of agents with a different leash. It's the same tempo and pace but more expansive and bigger. The differences are pretty vast but you'll know it's a Bourne movie."
    Edward Norton, Oscar Isaac, Rachel Weisz, Joan Allen and Albert Finney will co-star in The Bourne Legacy, which opens in cinemas in August 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Mat Damon not in it ?

Bollix to that !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

jcf wrote: »
    Mat Damon not in it ?

Bollix to that !!!!

Bollix is right, there's something about Jeremy Renner I can't stand, he's a slimy f**ker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Loved the first 3 movies, i got to say im a bit disappointed Damon wont be in this one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Joshua Jones

The new actor for the fourth might have something to do with the fact that the origional three Bourne books were written by Robert Ludlum before he passed away. The subsequent books were written by Eric Van Lustbader and there's a definate change in style. I loved the first three books was delighted to see another on sale in Easons. Bought it but wasn't enjoying it so much till I looked at the cover again and it said "Robert Ludlums Bourne", and written in small writing at the bottom "By Eric Van Lustbader".

Also am surprised to see Jeremy Renner involved. I felt that MI4 was setting him up to take over from Cruise. Both roles would be kinda similar.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Also am surprised to see Jeremy Renner involved. I felt that MI4 was setting him up to take over from Cruise. Both roles would be kinda similar.
    That may have been the plan originally, but I don't think it's happening anymore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I don't get this whole Jeremy Renner thing, much like I don't get the whole Sam Worthington thing. Two blanker, less charismatic stars you'd struggle to find.

Still think this is a bit of a pointless sequel. Wouldn't mind if they went the James Bond route of continuing Bourne sequels with different actors, but this just seems silly. Although here's betting there'll be some vague, last minute efforts to tie it into the overarching Bourne plot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I quite like Renner. I'm not sure he is leading man material, but he's a far better actor than Worthington, who is basically a block of wood.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I had no issue with Renner in the Hurt Locker, but can't say he made any sort of impact in MI4 or his brief Captain America cameo. I agree it would be hard to top Worthington in terms of blandness, though.

I quite like Renner. I'm not sure he is leading man material, but he's a far better actor than Worthington, who is basically a block of wood.

Worthington can be quite decent, he inpresses in Texas Killing Fields and a lot of his early work is very good. He also seems to be one of the few actors who will listen to criticism and react in a constructive manner. He isnt afriad to say when a film hes is is bad, he admits that Clash of the titans wasn't a very good film and that his performance wasn't exactly great. It's refreshing to hear an actor not afraid to hold his hands up and say that they can do better.

• Advertisement

I had no issue with Renner in the Hurt Locker, but can't say he made any sort of impact in MI4 or his brief Captain America cameo. I agree it would be hard to top Worthington in terms of blandness, though.

His cameo was in Thor, was a rather pointless moment which was thrown in to save Marvel the expense of making a film to introduce his character.

Bourne 4 has little appeal for me, I'll check it out at some stage but it's not a film I'll be eagerly anticipating considering how poor the non Ludlum novels are. Read two of them recently and found them both rather dull.

His cameo was in Thor, was a rather pointless moment which was thrown in to save Marvel the expense of making a film to introduce his character

Meh, basically the same thing :P

Can't imagine he's going to hold up too well next to RDJ, Mark Ruffalo etc... But that's just me.

In fairness, even the best of actors have trouble with RDJ. He's a ruthless scene stealer and it takes a strong director to restrain him. I actually would have put Renner and Ruffalo on fairly equal footing. Ruffalo often fails to make an impression when up against big stars as well.

Anyway, I'm sure Renner will be a fine replacement for Damon, who nobody took seriously as an action hero or leading man before Bourne. I'd be more worried about Tony Gilroy screwing this up. I really liked Michael Clayton, but if he tries imitating Greengrass the way Forster did with Quantum of Solace the film is going to be painful to watch. I wouldn't mind a return to the style of the first film.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Don't forget Remnet's performance in "The Town". That was fantastic.
    I am quite looking forward to seeing what he does in Bourne. Even more so after seeing him in MI4.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Glad to see Joan Allen is back, she was good as Landy in the other Bournes. I dont mind that they're making another movie set in the Bourne universe about a different agent, there's loads of them after all, but putting Bourne in the title is just lazy marketing. I get it, they want people to associate it with the previous movies but if Jason Bourne has nothing to do with it then its pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

krudler wrote: »
    Glad to see Joan Allen is back, she was good as Landy in the other Bournes. I dont mind that they're making another movie set in the Bourne universe about a different agent, there's loads of them after all, but putting Bourne in the title is just lazy marketing. I get it, they want people to associate it with the previous movies but if Jason Bourne has nothing to do with it then its pointless.

But if its about Bournes legacy, then the title is apt. Time is going to have to tell.

I don't get this whole Jeremy Renner thing, much like I don't get the whole Sam Worthington thing. Two blanker, less charismatic stars you'd struggle to find.

Still think this is a bit of a pointless sequel. Wouldn't mind if they went the James Bond route of continuing Bourne sequels with different actors, but this just seems silly. Although here's betting there'll be some vague, last minute efforts to tie it into the overarching Bourne plot.

I think after the success of Hurt Locker Renner signed up for every big role that he could get :p he is a decent actor have a look at Dahmer he proves his acting chops there and he was good in The Town and North Country

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I am a HUGE fan of the trilogy - I'd rate them as the best action films PERIOD
    I was hugely dissapointed with the news of a Jason-less sequel.

The teaser is out today and I think it actually looks promising! - EDIT - no YouTube embed linsk as yet...

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/thebournelegacy/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

That trailer is awfully underwhelming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

al28283 wrote: »
    That trailer is awfully underwhelming

...Its a teaser!

I never thought I'd defend it, but it's gotten my attention for a possible dark horse for the summer batch...

Advertisement