Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 10 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Is ADM to Sanchez worth the move?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Is ADM to Sanchez worth the move?

After seeing adm today, I'm thinking strongly yes.

especially given the matchups for next week

thinking another trade-mark -4 for me

Duff -> Cresswell
    Di Maria -> Sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Just did Sterling -> Sanchez. Didn't think Sterling would drop last night so I lost 0.1m. Risky transfer as I have Siggy and Costa as doubts for next week and Mannone may get dropped/will probably get minus points if he plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'll wait until the end of the week, but ADM out for Hazard is very tempting. I feel very lucky to have dodged so many big Hazard hauls

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

seriously considering:

Ivan->3.9 def (maybe Bruce)
    Chadli->Hazard

for a -4 and 0.0 left in the bank

might well captain Haz. think he could rip it up v QPR

genius, or madness?

• Advertisement

If you do it, Steven Taylor is also another option at 3.9m. Not sure when Williamson is back though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Who's the best 4.3 to 4.5 mid? I was thinking Obertan but he only got a half today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

either sterling or cesc will be making way for sanchez.

Anyone any news on ramsey ? will he start the next game, might be a good alternative to sanchez.

either sterling or cesc will be making way for sanchez.

Anyone any news on ramsey ? will he start the next game, might be a good alternative to sanchez.

what about sterling + cesc to hazard + sanchez

if it was me and i could afford it i'd probably do it for a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

looking at a possible 8 point hit unless more sensible heads can put me off the idea.

Have already shipped PVA out for Chambers

Now looking at Sigurdsson and Sterling out for Diamé and Sanchez as if either rises i wont be abke to afford the move.

Thoughts anyone?

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    what about sterling + cesc to hazard + sanchez

if it was me and i could afford it i'd probably do it for a hit

I cant afford it, currently weighing it up to see if its worth using my wildcard and i think it could be tbh. I spent the million I had in the bank to bring baines in last week, have aguero and costa up front with naismith, who im struggling to get rid of because of the lack of funds so maybe the WC is the way to go.

Still flirting with a top 3 of aguero,costa rooney/sturridge as their both due back this week, so definitely would WC for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Who's the best 4.3 to 4.5 mid? I was thinking Obertan but he only got a half today.

Boyd. £4.4m and seems guaranteed to play.

He played 3 min at the week-end. So presume he's fit and just awaiting gametime to get back to full competition rhythm.
    looking at a possible 8 point hit unless more sensible heads can put me off the idea.

Have already shipped PVA out for Chambers

Now looking at Sigurdsson and Sterling out for Diamé and Sanchez as if either rises i wont be abke to afford the move.

Thoughts anyone?

8 pts hit is a lot but these transfers could well work out. Nice fixtures ahead of your potential acquisitions and Siggy ahead of a tough run of 3 games and Sterling in a "hopeless" Liverpool team. Over the next 3 weeks the 8 pts hit could well pay off.

The players you're considering out and in should not move in price tonight though (apart maybe Siggy) so you may have a bit more time to think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

manual_man wrote: »
    seriously considering:

Ivan->3.9 def (maybe Bruce)
    Chadli->Hazard

for a -4 and 0.0 left in the bank

might well captain Haz. think he could rip it up v QPR

genius, or madness?

I'll be doing similar transfers probably, I'm thinking Ivan to Chambers and Siggy to Hazard. Ill be captaining hazard so I'd say genius :)

sterling and siggy out , sanchez and cork (short term) in, probable WC next gw to bring rooney back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »

He played 3 min at the week-end. So presume he's fit and just awaiting gametime to get back to full competition rhythm.

it.

Ramsey played the midweek cl game for arsenal and I reckon he was just rested against Sunderland as he has only returned from injury and 2 games in 3 days may have been a bit much. A nice differential for next week imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭shano_88

Transfers done.

Terry and Sterling out

Sanchez and Wisdom in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'll be getting rid of Sanchez in a couple of weeks.
    It's been a bit of a perfect storm for him these past 2 weeks.
    Easy fixtures and very importantly imo, a big positive for his points return was their injuries! As daft as that may sound.

Arsenal only average 2 goals a game, Ramsey & Walcott are back to add to Welbeck, Santi, Ox & eventually Ozil.
    That's an awful lot of potential scorers or assisters to share in a 2 goals/game.
    Sanchez has had 2 games in which he has had less competition for these attacking points than usual. That's nearly over now.

For that reason, I think he's overpriced and would either get one of their 9m mids or Hazard at a similar price is much better imo.

I'm thinking Sterling & PvA out for Ramsey & Chambers. All aboard the Arsenal train.

RIP The Template Midfield. Only Cesc getting transfers in out of the four.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Err, Welbeck has negative NTI's today after price last night in anticipation of a Burnley goal feast. What gives?

Was about to pull the trigger and just making he doesn't have some mystery injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

iroced wrote: »
    8 pts hit is a lot but these transfers could well work out. Nice fixtures ahead of your potential acquisitions and Siggy ahead of a tough run of 3 games and Sterling in a "hopeless" Liverpool team. Over the next 3 weeks the 8 pts hit could well pay off.

The players you're considering out and in should not move in price tonight though (apart maybe Siggy) so you may have a bit more time to think about it.

Cheers, pretty much my thinking that as you said over the course of the next 3 weeks i'll easily make up for those 8 points. Also thinking of hanging on to see about bringing Walcott in but unsure if he will be eased back in and even if he will find good form again!

What to do, what to do...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Probably Sterling to Hazard if Siggy is ok. I'm going to leave Sanchez and get Walcott instead in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Err, Welbeck has negative NTI's today after price last night in anticipation of a Burnley goal feast. What gives?

Was about to pull the trigger and just making he doesn't have some mystery injury.

People are fickle, he'll be offloaded for Sakho/Berahino to free up funds for Sanchez as well as being traded out for Pelle

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Don't see it mentioned elsewhere, but looks like Gibbs is out for 6 weeks according to twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

But. Burnley.

Home to Burnley.

That's some special kind of fickle.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

2 goals and an assist in 570 minutes of football is not good enough. Others like Sakho and Pelle are outscoring him.

But. Burnley.

Home to Burnley.

That's some special kind of fickle.

I agree. But hopefully staying calm and keeping him will be rewarded. Still unsure about him long-term, but he stays this game week for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭dahat

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Don't see it mentioned elsewhere, but looks like Gibbs is out for 6 weeks according to twitter.

Hello Mr.Chambers, budget defender option.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »
    Hello Mr.Chambers, budget defender option.

Bellerin will cover Gibbs afaik. Chambers plays on the right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »
    Bellerin will cover Gibbs afaik. Chambers plays on the right.

Still increases his chances of game time each week as Wenger's options are somewhat limited just now. .
    Still think his tendency for cards is off putting

Advertisement