Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 9 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I presume there's no trace of injury on Tadic?

Thinking I'm just going to do Nolan -> Tadic now in case he rises as he's just in reach. The joint in my leg may be twitching sporadically but I just need Nolan out of my team and get some closure on that sorry affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Taken my first -4 of the season. Planned on getting in Aguero this week (damn) and have done that. Had exactly the funds to go Sterling, Azpi, Dzeko to Bertrand, Tadic, Aguero. Feels very kneejerky to be doing these before the GW's even over but needs must.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,410 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

evo2000 wrote: »
    his last 3 games 5,5,7 assists count aswell you know ? he hit the post a few times aswell, was unlucky not to score, now that his startin to settle in you d want to be fair foolish not to have falcao in ur team considering his goal scoring record!

The best forward line right now is Costa, Aguero and Pelle. Falcao has Chelsea, Arsenal and City in his next 5. If he scores well in those games, then he could be on his way to being a must have. Very few of the top ranking players have him and I wouldn't call them "foolish."

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I presume there's no trace of injury on Tadic?

Thinking I'm just going to do Nolan -> Tadic now in case he rises as he's just in reach. The joint in my leg may be twitching sporadically but I just need Nolan out of my team and get some closure on that sorry affair.

Doing Tadic right now myself as well - I think everyones going to be getting him in fairly quickly. I'm replacing silva.

Some good returns from siggy and di maria and I will have a front 7 all with * overall dream team stars * beside their names. :cool:

Siggy, tadic, di maria, fab
    costa, pelle, aguero

Rikand wrote: »
    Doing Tadic right now myself as well - I think everyones going to be getting him in fairly quickly. I'm replacing silva.

Some good returns from siggy and di maria and I will have a front 7 all with * overall dream team stars * beside their names. :cool:

Siggy, tadic, di maria, fab
    costa, pelle, aguero

Yeah I've pulled the trigger now on Nolan -> Tadic. Have 0 in the bank now.

I also have that front 7 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Spot of advice appreciated.

Have 2 fts this week and want tadic. I think him and pelle justified for next few weeks and both will be great for team value.

But I went with double Saints defence on my wildcard which is looking like a good plan but one I may have to sacrifice.

Forster, Hamer
    Clyne, Chambers, Moore, Duff, Hutton
    Template 4 + Boyd
    Aguero, Costa, Pelle.
    1.7 in bank.

Is clyne and Sterling to Tadic and Baines a good move.

But. Of my back 5 Clyne is the one I'd rather keep. He's rising well. Good for attacking returns and I'd think he could outscore Forster in this favourable run of fixtures.

So I could do Forster to Foster. Hutton to Baines and Sterling to Tadic for-4.

Thoughts anyone?

Or. Option 3 would be to let the Baines-wagon roll on and do Forster to another viable keeper and Siggy to Tadic. That should leave me flexible to do Sterling to Walcott if I look a bit further ahead....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Going to go Sterling to Tadic which will also free up funds.
    Have to get rid of Azpi also, can afford any defender, any advice? Thinking either Baines or Coleman..

Same here, the new template.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

have gone dzeko to pelle and also have that front 7:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sneachtafear

THFC wrote: »
    Going to go Sterling to Tadic which will also free up funds.
    Have to get rid of Azpi also, can afford any defender, any advice? Thinking either Baines or Coleman..

Dropping Sterling may be a knee jerk reaction. 7 really nice fixtures in their next 8 matches. Alot of people will soon have 3 Southampton players!!! Think of coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

https://twitter.com/tiredsterling/status/523528076840693760

Hope this doesn't affect his imminent brace tomorrow ;)

Costa out? Stupid Mourinho, can't trust anything he says. Would love to do Costa to Pelle and be able to get Baines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Ulloa, Ivan and Silva out for Pelle, Tadic and Chambers. Done. My first truly kneejerk decision since the week 1 wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Dropping Sterling may be a knee jerk reaction. 7 really nice fixtures in their next 8 matches. Alot of people will soon have 3 Southampton players!!! Think of coverage.

I was thinking that it might be a bit of a knee-jerker alright but I've no Soton cover and Liverpool are not performing like they were last season. I fancy Tadic to outscore Sterling in the next few games, and until Studge comes back. I'll probably pull the trigger on that one soon depending on price rises.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

evo2000 wrote: »
    his last 3 games 5,5,7 assists count aswell you know ? he hit the post a few times aswell, was unlucky not to score, now that his startin to settle in you d want to be fair foolish not to have falcao in ur team considering his goal scoring record!

I think it would be fairly foolish to shape your team around having Aguero, Falcao & Costa ALL in your team at one time.
    Way too much money tied up in 3 places, way too many good mid price options and if I was to try to find 3 more injury prone strikers, I would struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Costa out? Stupid Mourinho, can't trust anything he says. Would love to do Costa to Pelle and be able to get Baines.
    Mourinho said: "He will be in great condition in mid November to be back for the national team. That's for sure.
    "He will play for me when he has free time from the national team."

Despite all his managing talents, the guy really is a dick. The sentence I bolded sweats all his childish "rageous" broken pride from his overall failure at Real Madrid :rolleyes:...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm going to see how Sterling goes tomorrow but Liverpool aren't playing well and Sturridge is a big loss for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

Hi Guys can you recommend a midfielder costing no more than 6M???

Im currently looking at the below people but is there anyone else I should be looking at?

Henderson
    Schneiderlin
    Downing
    Diamé

Want2know wrote: »
    Hi Guys can you recommend a midfielder costing no more than 6M???

Im currently looking at the below people but is there anyone else I should be looking at?

Henderson
    Schneiderlin
    Downing
    Diamé

Henderson all the way. 90 mins every week, 34 points so far, declared intention to get into the box more this season, nice fixtures for the next while.

Is there any chance that Costa isn't injured at all and Mourinho is playing the most elaborate mind game of all time?

• Advertisement

Diame seems like the real deal. Tough fixtures, but playing very advanced and in great form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Looking for some advice here.

Who to drop? Sterling has too nice a run of fixtures coming up to drop him. I want Tadic in my side as I've no saints cover in attack. What do people think of Siggy to Tadic?

Degea

Clyne PVA Dummett (Hutton) (Wisdom)

ADM Siggy FAB Sterling (Boyd)

KUN Danny Costa

If I didn't have so much value tied up in Siggy, then Tadic in for the next four GWs and then back out for Siggy before GW13 would look great.

Is there any chance that Costa isn't injured at all and Mourinho is playing the most elaborate mind game of all time?

I think he might just need to rest up. Jose wanted him to have two weeks off. Spain didn't allow him it. Now Jose is giving him the two weeks before the season really gets going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭basillarkin

If I didn't have so much value tied up in Siggy, then Tadic in for the next four GWs and then back out for Siggy before GW13 would look great.

That's the problem, I'm going to lose to much value in him. Even still I'm very close to pulling the trigger

I'm quite happy to go without him for the next few GWs
    1. Because I have to
    2. United & Liverpool away - hoping these will be tight affairs.
    3. He's not going to be a run away captain choice so risk is halved
    4. I'll be praying non stop that he's rested against QPR

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

PARlance wrote: »
    I'm quite happy to go without him for the next few GWs
    1. Because I have to
    2. United & Liverpool away - hoping these will be tight affairs.
    3. He's not going to be a run away captain choice so risk is halved
    4. I'll be praying non stop that he's rested against QPR

I'm waiting to see how falcao does first but I'm planning something along these lines
    ........costa to aguero this week falcao to costa week after
    There is NO WAY I'm not having costa for QPR game
    No way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Sterling to Tadic
    Pelle to Aguero

Thoughts????

There was another reason I went for him, it's less applicable now maybe.

I had Fab and there was lots of talk about Fab -> Hazard, if Fab gets transferred out en masse this week and you keep him then you've basically got yourself Costa Coverage :)

• Advertisement

djPSB wrote: »
    Sterling to Tadic
    Pelle to Aguero

Thoughts????

You want to transfer out the current player of the month and a lad that is a mid priced striker but scored 2 and got an assist today!?

Madness.

Advertisement