Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Sports fantasy football

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

manual_man wrote: »
    go off and dust some more tellies :pac::pac::pac: it'll calm ye down :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

if i hadnt dusted one of those in the 'lair' i wouldnt have seen walker score that og and it might not have hurt so much :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Walker the stocking of *****. Would rather we played with 10 men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

go off and dust some more tellies :pac::pac::pac: it'll calm ye down :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

just so you know i dusted off the telly to see Mahrez get a brace so far :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Boyne1919

Can anyone explain why Rooney wasn't awarded the assist but was in FPL?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Boyne1919 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why Rooney wasn't awarded the assist but was in FPL?

They only do real assists in the sky sports game not the last person that touched the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Pretty miserable start (Silva-gate didn't help :mad:), but most people are in the same boat. Made a few transfers already, Kane, Ayew and Targett all coming in

not a bad week this week up to 90 pts and 4th place

Doing rubbish so far.

Kane, Rooney, Walcott, Hazard. Nothing.
    Henderson not much better.

Thank god for Mahrez and Payet.

Haven't done any transfers yet. But Walcott and Rooney are getting the chop.

Hazard will come good but Kane is only getting another week to come good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I only made a couple of defensive transfers will go all out on man city from gw 4 on.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Jeju

Team going well,setting the pace with a settled squad maybe one or two tweeks required but not rushing into anything.

• Advertisement

I re-hauled my team to avoid relegation at least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I re-hauled my team to avoid relegation at least!

Haha i've made an absolute tonne of transfers, so hopefully the team i have now will be good for a while! Transferred in Gomez, Pedro, Costa, Aguero, Mahrez, amongst others. Hazard, Kane and Rooney the three big names to get the chop.

Haha i've made an absolute tonne of transfers, so hopefully the team i have now will be good for a while! Transferred in Gomez, Pedro, Costa, Aguero, Mahrez, amongst others. Hazard, Kane and Rooney the three big names to get the chop.

Team is still doing awful. Strange start to the season, I hope it settles down to some sensible pattern for our sakes so we can try and catch the leaders.

Aye. Me and all. Mahrez as captain today is about the only decent thing I've done so far this season.

Mid table fodder in all my private leagues at the moment.

Guy who is top in one of the league is largely at the top due to having Fernandinho, Sinclair and a couple of other early season surprises. Thinks he's some sort of FF genius now of course.

In two minds this week, go for the one captain in Aguero or the two in Mahrez and Mane.

Boyne1919 wrote:
    In two minds this week, go for the one captain in Aguero or the two in Mahrez and Mane.

Mahrez + Mane > Aguero

...Mahrez is thee inform player of FF right now. Plus with the interest united showed in Mane during the summer he'll be keen to impress against them.

Even if either of them do nothing, that's 8 points versus Aguero needing at least a goal.

Mahrez + Mane > Aguero

...Mahrez is thee inform player of FF right now. Plus with the interest united showed in Mane during the summer he'll be keen to impress against them.

Even if either of them do nothing, that's 8 points versus Aguero needing at least a goal.

Had it on Aguero for last couple of weeks or so and I've a bad feeling. when I take it off him he'll go on the rampage. Also a possibility he only plays about 70 mins.

Please tell me you went with Mahrez and Mane in the end?

I went with Mahrez yesterday but brought in Benteke for Sterling this morning and made him captain - God knows why. Hadn't any plans to do so at any stage but got caught up in some comments on the gw6 transfer thread which backfired massively.

If Aguero does not do something substantial this week, he could be the first player out of my team. It's against Newcastle for **** sake!

Join the club mate.

... it now or never. He got a goal mid week and he's up against a terrible Newcastle team. If it doesn't happen for hin today I reckon he'll be shipped out faster then any other (non injured) player in history.

• Advertisement

Join the club mate.

... it now or never. He got a goal mid week and he's up against a terrible Newcastle team. If it doesn't happen for hin today I reckon he'll be shipped out faster then any other (non injured) player in history.

Maybe Aguero was reading this thread!? If so you deserve great credit for the extra motivation! :D

What's the story with Costa not getting the assist on sky game?

Disaster, I captained hazard...

By show of hands, who's still putting the effort in?

By show of hands, who's still putting the effort in?

I have keep an eye on it. I rarely make the most out of the change of captain thing as I always forget to change it on the sunday .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'm making the changes but spending only minimal amounts of time looking at it compared to the FPL game.

Set a reminder of your phone. That's what I do for Saturday and Sunday (occasionally Monday) ... its the only way. Pity there is no remember like there is with the fpl app.

I also use an app called "premier league live' which is just a general epl app with tge usual team news, injuries, live game updates etc, nothing special tbh but the bit I really use it for is the 15 min reminders for each and every epl kick off... that way I never miss a transfer or captain deadline on the Sat morning early kick offs or Sunday matches

I'm making the changes but spending only minimal amounts of time looking at it compared to the FPL game.

Same here 15% SS, 85% fpl.

It can be hard to keep track as I've two SS team and one fpl. I get mixed up with which players are on which teams. For example I was delighted with Barkleys double at weekend as it would have put me big points ahead of my SS rival .... but then I realised I only have him on my fpl team.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

I actually forgot about the sky boards league,I"ve made about 6 cpt changes and nearly all my transfers,currently in 3rd

• Advertisement

With a name like that you must be a cavan man ?

guilty, cavan town, you as well?

The reason I don't think this game that serious is because I'm in no money leagues.

guilty, cavan town, you as well?

Born and raised in Swellan but living in Dublin 10+ years.

... I'm in first place and the guy in 2nd is a mate of mine, also from Cavan.

So it's a cavan 1, 2, 3 in the boards fsa private league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

How ye,

Thought I'd join in here, currently top of my work league, only 8 in it. This is my first year in any fantasy game. Really enjoying it at the moment.

Currently in 45,607 overall but in my defence I had no idea how to play the first few weeks and was not following the football for a few years. I only really joined to wind up an obnoxious know it all at work. Have the hang of it now. Obnoxious is not even top four and he is a fanatic. 80 points below me!

My early screw ups included Peter Crouch and Naismith in my team. As I said, hadn't been following the game. Current team.

Aguero, Vardey, Sanchez
    Mahrez,KDB, Lanzini, Drinkwater
    Coleman, Schlupp, Smalling
    Hart

I am giving up on this sky game. I much prefer fpl. Not because I am doing better ( I am doing fairly brutal in both). But the main reason is that it will not allow you to change captain after a gameweek is over. It sometimes states you can only change your captain once in a gameweek.

There should be an option where you can pick the following gameweeks captain as soon as you like. Major flaw in the game I think. Then most of the time I end up missing the deadlines!

• Advertisement

I am giving up on this sky game. I much prefer fpl. Not because I am doing better ( I am doing fairly brutal in both). But the main reason is that it will not allow you to change captain after a gameweek is over. It sometimes states you can only change your captain once in a gameweek.

There should be an option where you can pick the following gameweeks captain as soon as you like. Major flaw in the game I think. Then most of the time I end up missing the deadlines!

Can't believe I made this very mistake. Changed captain on Thursday, no new captain change. I'm screwed now without Sanchez captained tomorrow. You are right. This is poorly defined, might have just cost me my winning season. Arse!

The whole area around the captaincy is what defines sky sports fantasy football from the other ones. That's my favourite thing about it.

Ideally a SS ff manager wants his captain playing on a Sunday and then the following Saturday

For example in the current game week you would have it on Sanchez for arsenal's trip to Norwich on Sunday.... that way he also keeps it for Arsenals match next Saturday (5th Dec) vs Sunderland. (But don't click 'confirm captain' on Sanchez inbetween Sunday and next Saturday )

Then next Sat night/Sunday morning you could change it to an Everton or Palace player because both of those teams are playing the following Saturday (12th Dec)...

That way you have 2 different captains each weekend to maximise your points.

The whole area around the captaincy is what defines sky sports fantasy football from the other ones. That's my favourite thing about it.

Ideally a SS ff manager wants his captain playing on a Sunday and then the following Saturday

For example in the current game week you would have it on Sanchez for arsenal's trip to Norwich on Sunday.... that way he also keeps it for Arsenals match next Saturday (5th Dec) vs Sunderland. (But don't click 'confirm captain' on Sanchez inbetween Sunday and next Saturday )

Then next Sat night/Sunday morning you could change it to an Everton or Palace player because both of those teams are playing the following Saturday (12th Dec)...

That way you have 2 different captains each weekend to maximise your points.

Been fine with it up till now, I had the next 4 weeks changes loosely planned to maximise my premium players captaincy. Not sure how I buggered it up, made change on Thursday with 1 captain change available. Should have a new captain change for this game week:confused: A bit lost TBH

FortySeven wrote:
    Been fine with it up till now, I had the next 4 weeks changes loosely planned to maximise my premium players captaincy. Not sure how I buggered it up, made change on Thursday with 1 captain change available. Should have a new captain change for this game week A bit lost TBH

Yes, if you had a captaincy change available to you on Thursday (up until midnight Thursday because you didnt use it during last weeks sat/sun fixtures) and on Thursday you used it for a player playing today (Aguero say) then yes... you should have the option to change it to someone else for tomorrow.

The only thing I can think of is that you changed it Friday and not Thursday. That would cause that to happen and it happened me a few times last season.

Yes, if you had a captaincy change available to you on Thursday (up until midnight Thursday because you didnt use it during last weeks sat/sun fixtures) and on Thursday you used it for a player playing today (Aguero say) then yes... you should have the option to change it to someone else for tomorrow.

The only thing I can think of is that you changed it Friday and not Thursday. That would cause that to happen and it happened me a few times last season.

Must be. What an epic cock up. Now in 2nd place after my closest rival had a stormer of a day. Hoping he has no captain change either or I'm in serious trouble. Some major movements in our league today, one of our players had neither kdb or vardy. I feel for him. They both got mom too. :D

• Advertisement

FortySeven wrote:
    Must be. What an epic cock up. Now in 2nd place after my closest rival had a stormer of a day. Hoping he has no captain change either or I'm in serious trouble. Some major movements in our league today, one of our players had neither kdb or vardy. I feel for him. They both got mom too.

I wouldnt sweat it, lots of gameweeks to go. He might get 8 points from 2 captain while you get twice that from one if you had someone like Barkley or KDB.

... how many transfers have you left and how does that compare to your rivals

I wouldnt sweat it, lots of gameweeks to go. He might get 8 points from 2 captain while you get twice that from one if you had someone like Barkley or KDB.

... how many transfers have you left and how does that compare to your rivals

Haven't been counting their transfers. I have 20 left, the early weeks trying to learn caught me badly but I have a strong team and am hoping to not have too many injuries, I will have to sit a few out maybe but I left Kompany in while he was injured and managed to carry on scoring. Currently on 679 points. I swapped out Hart for Cech the other day though due to injury, 3 weeks of clean sheets with Arsenals coming run I hope.

How are others on here fixed.:confused:

20 is not too bad. My general rule of thumb is one a week but with so many of the old reliable doing so bad in the opening 7-8 weeks, sure I lost the run of myself a bit too.

Defenders and keepers tend to score little in the SS version compared to fpl where baps and save points come into play so if I have a defender who is injured, suspended or dropped I tend to ride it out.

I too have Cech but with Coquelin out injured I'm not expecting much in the way of clean sheets in the coming weeks

Below par performance today.

People keep saying that Leicester can't keep it up, but what about Watford.... punching well above their weight. Haven't touched any of their players yet but can't avoid it anymore

Still tipping along nicely,wait to see who starts for lpool v ncastle and try to remember to swap him in for the captaincy

I had to have a clear out, now have Kane, lukaku and vardy up front in place of aguero and sanchez.

Man city are terrible without Kompany, way too leaky at the back. Sanchez going injured was a bit of a godsend really, he was playing brilliantly but just not picking the points.

My theory on Mahrez picking a few goals while defence concentrated on Vardy was vindicated today, shame I had kane as captain. :mad: Changed captain to Lukaku tonight, hopefully he can bag me a few.

45 points for today with coleman and lukaku to play. Not great but an everton clean sheet with Lukaku scoring a brace is not too much to ask.....:pac:

Well, I just made the deadline by 2mins and swapped BEN for KANE, 2 cpts and only 8 pts

Well, I just made the deadline by 2mins and swapped BEN for KANE, 2 cpts and only 8 pts

I thought long and hard about bringing in Benteke for Sanchez myself but decided to hold off. I hate not having any players involved in the Sunday/Monday games

64 points from today. Still have sagna, cech, kdb and nyom to play and a captain change to kdb for the extra 2 points. Well in the lead of my league now. I was in 36,511 overall placing before today. Looking forward to seeing where I am tomorrow.

decided to give this a bump, very low scoring week all round 23pts,highest only 39. Top 3 pulling ahead, bit of a dog fight for 4-8, only 12 subs left

• Advertisement
Advertisement