Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ultimate Premier League 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

The standard is pretty high in the 2 boards leagues. I'm only 5/7 and 9/17 and I'm ranked 1960. I have a few good subs today though so hoping to keep moving up those tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Happy enough with my performance yesterday, Will put on Rooney but not sure about mata :/

7afd74ea0b8305f64b0730a17054f6e2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Anybody know why Emre Can (liverpool) is not listed as U-21 player?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

Hi,

I've a question about the transfer deadline that someone might be able to help me with.

Are we definitely able to leave it as late as 13 Sept to use our 15 transfers?
    Rules...."Unused transfers are carried over but will be reset to 0 at the end of the August and January transfer windows. This means you have a maximum of 15 transfers to be used in August and 12 in January"

Is there anyway they mean its reset to zero on the real transfer deadline, which is Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Transfer window runs up till 13th Sept in Ultimate

• Advertisement

Up to 93th in this with 4 to play tomorrow. I'm enjoying this game, much more straight foward than I thought it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

how are we all looking in this with the transfer window looming? have 10 f/t left myself just figuring how best to use them and whether its worthwhile leaving a little in the bank for emergencies

manual_man wrote: »
    how are we all looking in this with the transfer window looming? have 10 f/t left myself just figuring how best to use them and whether its worthwhile leaving a little in the bank for emergencies

You lose them on sat week so don't save them. There's no price rises so might as well wait for team news on Friday week.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    You lose them on sat week so don't save them. There's no price rises so might as well wait for team news on Friday week.

Oh i know that. Just getting a bit of discussion going

You got off to a good start yourself where do you stand currently?

Just outside the top 1K overall, 14 transfers left to make. Made a few mistakes with team and squad selections but learning quickly. Really enjoying the game I must say

• Advertisement

Oh i know that. Just getting a bit of discussion going

You got off to a good start yourself where do you stand currently?

I had a disastrous Sunday and dropped to 701 but I would have taken that at the start of the season.

I only have 6 transfers left, Sterling will be one. The tough decision will be which united attackers to pick. I'm leaning towards Falcao and not di Maria as this game favours goalscorers more than fpl.

I had a disastrous Sunday and dropped to 701 but I would have taken that at the start of the season.

I only have 6 transfers left, Sterling will be one. The tough decision will be which united attackers to pick. I'm leaning towards Falcao and not di Maria as this game favours goalscorers more than fpl.

just outside the top 1k myself. falcao will get more goals for sure, on the other hand di maria should do well for chances created, leaning towards di maria at the moment, thinking of something like this, but obv. will hold off til last minute like you said:

Screenshot%2B%28359%29.png

this example leaves me with 0.5 in the bank, gives me ever so slightly better options should i need to get someone in on an emergency loan (costa-->falcao was the one that immediately came to mind)

just outside the top 1k myself. falcao will get more goals for sure, on the other hand di maria should do well for chances created, leaning towards di maria at the moment, thinking of something like this, but obv. will hold off til last minute like you said:

Screenshot%2B%28359%29.png

this example leaves me with 0.5 in the bank, gives me ever so slightly better options should i need to get someone in on an emergency loan (costa-->falcao was the one that immediately came to mind)
    Looks good. I might go with both of them given Uniteds fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I didnt get into this in the end but how many players did they get at a fiver a head?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

POKERKING wrote: »
    I didnt get into this in the end but how many players did they get at a fiver a head?

Thanks

Not in it either but I saw someone mention on here 21k.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Total Players 21,662

My rank 3992

POKERKING wrote: »

Thanks

over 21k but unfortunately the original £35k prizepool remains the same, a bit miffed since they took in 3 times this amount

over 21k but unfortunately the original £35k prizepool remains the same, a bit miffed since they took in 3 times this amount
    They are taking the piss a bit with prize money but there are running costs with setting up a new game in fairness. They have to hire new programmers etc for the game and to be fair they have done a very good job. Hopefully next year there will be a better prize structure though.

Just saw that Spurs have had a lot of their matches changed to Sunday because of the Europa league so they have 8 games on Sunday now before Janaury.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

They are taking the piss a bit with prize money but there are running costs with setting up a new game in fairness. They have to hire new programmers etc for the game and to be fair they have done a very good job. Hopefully next year there will be a better prize structure though.

If the prize money doesn't change sufficiently next season it could bite them in the arse with much less participation.

• Advertisement

I thought that and I'm not saying anything against the game itself, but the whole thing is basically one big free advert for the premier league itself, they run the main game for free with feck all in prizes, I imagine 21k+ entrants well exceeded the expectations so they might bump up the prize fund to reflect

I thought that and I'm not saying anything against the game itself, but the whole thing is basically one big free advert for the premier league itself, they run the main game for free with feck all in prizes, I imagine 21k+ entrants well exceeded the expectations so they might bump up the prize fund to reflect

Yea I'd say they're happy with the number of entries. Hopefully they'll make some changes next year espcially in prize payouts(at least top 5%) but I wouldnt hold my breath. They might be of the opinion that if it aint broke dont fix it.

Payouts for 1 person is a bit mad alright, they'll say there's monthly prizes too but that's still just 1 person each time.

Top 3 or 5 minimum would be expected

Updated fixture table.
    Matchday 1 Matchday 2 Matchday 3
    Tottenham 8 8 0
    Everton 9 7 0
    Man United 10 5 1
    QPR 11 4 1
    Chelsea 12 4 0
    Man City 12 4 0
    Southampton 12 3 1
    West Brom 12 3 1
    Arsenal 13 3 0
    Aston Villa 13 2 1
    Crystal Palace 13 2 1
    Hull 13 2 1
    Newcastle 13 2 1
    Stoke 13 2 1
    Sunderland 13 2 1
    Burnley 14 2 0
    Liverpool 14 2 0
    Swansea 14 2 0
    West Ham 14 1 1
    Leicester 15 1 0

We all set for our squads til the new year?

Waiting on last minute injury news but morealess decided on my 25, with 5 4.0M defenders :eek:

14 transfers to make tomorrow and Saturday morning :), cant wait

Made all 15, delighted it's done with.

KevIRL wrote: »
    14 transfers to make tomorrow and Saturday morning :), cant wait

very nice, 10 myself. am still bummed there's no overall prizes outside of first place, but i'd say with the limited numbers if you're to keep your eye on the ball you're in with every chance. i'm on 222pts and i think the leader is only 37 more than that currently

ready 2go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Same here!! This weekend is a bit of a strange one, I only have 2 players available to come in after Saturdays games. A lot of hard choices to make for the 1st 11

ready 2go!

Advertisement