Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

Most impressive line up so far, would maybe prefer to see Molumphy in midfield instead of O'Sullvan because he was absolutely outstanding against Tipp but pretty happy with that team.
    would not agree with mullane going straight in at all ,unless he out scored the whole team in training ,thats what is wrong fellas take a break then come back whenever suits and gets a jersey ,that dont do anyone any good ,but sure thats the way it has been with fellas over the years,it really is no coincidence we have only 2 all irelands in a 130 years

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Joyce Country

galway man here and i'm on ye at 11/2 for the value. we're far from finished article.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭lovelypoint

would not agree with mullane going straight in at all ,unless he out scored the whole team in training ,thats what is wrong fellas take a break then come back whenever suits and gets a jersey ,that dont do anyone any good ,but sure thats the way it has been with fellas over the years,it really is no coincidence we have only 2 all irelands in a 130 years

Rubbish. Using a Kilkenny example, whom you seem to love so much, when have Henry Shefflin or Tommy Walsh not gone straight back into the team, when back from injury. Form is a good indicator, but class is also, or perhaps you're arguing we would have been more successful in recent years by dropping star players like Mullane and Brick more ?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Having spoken to someone involved with the minors last year, wouldn't be considering Chuck for a role with the Senior team. I think there's a reason he didn't get a second stint at the job.

would you like to add a little more info? hardly giving out over bringing the minors to Paul Flynn's for a few pints after they won a Championship match? or was it the fact he sent the Co Board the bill :)

Rubbish. Using a Kilkenny example, whom you seem to love so much, when have Henry Shefflin or Tommy Walsh not gone straight back into the team, when back from injury. Form is a good indicator, but class is also, or perhaps you're arguing we would have been more successful in recent years by dropping star players like Mullane and Brick more ?
    when did i mention kk example,thats your own head i was thinking more like tony browne than the brick, but sure there you go ,cant argue with sheff and t walsh they must have at least 40 medals between them ,their record shows its not that their in the best team ever, its because their class acts, t browne and mullane would not have featured in that kk team id say in the last 3/4 years for sure,also back from injury is one thing ,back when ever you decide ,or your actually finished sulking is another

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Superb win for the footballers up in Limerick this evening, they were trailing by 6 points at one stage in the second half but came back to win by 4 1-18 to 1-14

when did i mention kk example,thats your own head i was thinking more like tony browne than the brick, but sure there you go ,cant argue with sheff and t walsh they must have at least 40 medals between them ,their record shows its not that their in the best team ever, its because their class acts, t browne and mullane would not have featured in that kk team id say in the last 3/4 years for sure,also back from injury is one thing ,back when ever you decide ,or your actually finished sulking is another

Ha ha, I'm not sure you even read what you type. As for my use of KK as an example, that was more to show you, even Brian Cody would not have the stomach for the sort of blood letting you recommend on a regular basis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Funfair wrote: »
    would you like to add a little more info? hardly giving out over bringing the minors to Paul Flynn's for a few pints after they won a Championship match? or was it the fact he sent the Co Board the bill :)

No, that wouldn't bother me or the person that told me at all. It was a personal dislike he took to one player who should definetly have been starting, who lit up the game anytime he came on but was given a raw deal and wasn't started as well as being taken off early in games, being made a victim of other players poor performances. Also, sounds like he played to some players reputation a bit.
    KevIRL wrote: »
    Superb win for the footballers up in Limerick this evening, they were trailing by 6 points at one stage in the second half but came back to win by 4 1-18 to 1-14

Delighted to hear that, they deserve it. Was thinking about finding out what price they'd have been to get to the Munster Final this year with the bookies, odds for it will probably have come down a little after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

It was a personal dislike he took to one player who should definetly have been starting, who lit up the game anytime he came on but was given a raw deal and wasn't started as well as being taken off early in games, being made a victim of other players poor performances. Also, sounds like he played to some players reputation a bit.

Must have a had a reason to treat a player like you said, most Minor's I talked too had the greatest respect for chuck, well they certainly never spoke bad about him.

This player you speak of must have had good connections to get the Co Board to take note..

Funfair wrote: »
    Must have a had a reason to treat a player like you said, most Minor's I talked too had the greatest respect for chuck, well they certainly never spoke bad about him.

This player you speak of must have had good connections to get the Co Board to take note..

Well I never said that was the reason they got rid of him like, I don't know the reasons behind that, in fact I'll concede that maybe he just wanted to leave himself, I dunno. Depends on who ya speak to I suppose, like most things.

On a side note, Dublin drew with Tipp meaning they are now in the relegation playoff for definite. We, however, have a major incentive to win tomorrow because if we do, a win for us against Dublin and a Galway loss against Kilkenny would see us avoid a relegation playoff due to the head to head to rule.

• Advertisement

Well I never said that was the reason they got rid of him like, I don't know the reasons behind that, in fact I'll concede that maybe he just wanted to leave himself, I dunno. Depends on who ya speak to I suppose, like most things.

On a side note, Dublin drew with Tipp meaning they are now in the relegation playoff for definite. We, however, have a major incentive to win tomorrow because if we do, a win for us against Dublin and a Galway loss against Kilkenny would see us avoid a relegation playoff due to the head to head to rule.

Are you sure there is a head-to-head rule? I have tried to figure out if points difference or the head-to-head result seperated teams on equal points, but it seems no one knows.

Are you sure there is a head-to-head rule? I have tried to figure out if points difference or the head-to-head result seperated teams on equal points, but it seems no one knows.

Yeah I'm pretty sure

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Last year: if 2 teams were level, it went head to head. if 3 teams were level, it went on scoring difference.

solarith wrote: »
    Last year: if 2 teams were level, it went head to head. if 3 teams were level, it went on scoring difference.

Yeah, you can't work head to head between three teams most of the time. There actual is one possible conclusion I ommitted, that is should Cork lose to both Tipp and Kilkenny, they too would be on 4 points meaning that scoring difference would come into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭liogairmhordain

third year in a row waterford have beaten limerick in the group stage of the football league. promotion still looks like a long shot, london beating clare tomorrow would be a help

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

Mullane did actually score more than the whole team in training, so therefore you'll agree Ryan made the right call

daddydick wrote: »
    Mullane did actually score more than the whole team in training, so therefore you'll agree Ryan made the right call
    no way

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

guy's i just herd Ryan has walked and now ken is manager is this true ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Hslaw wrote: »
    What? Anything is possible

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

i dont know how much truth is to this. or if it even is true. i was hoping someone on here knows

• Advertisement

Hslaw wrote: »

I hate to speculate on rumour, but would be very disappointed if anyone else left the setup before the relegation issue is decided. Way I see it, that anyone who wanted to leave the set-up should have done so either right after the Tipp match, or right after the subsequent players meeting. Anyone leaving at this point seriously jeopardises what slim chance we have of avoiding the drop, and to be honest, am very disappointed at Cashin leaving us in the lurch at such a late point before the Galway game today.

I think it's time for all concerned to start doing the right thing for Waterford hurling, and shelve any sort of ego's at least until the relegation issue is decided, after which there is 2 months until we face Clare, and plenty of opportunity for those to walk away who want to, and still leave the new man/ men some time to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Cake Man

I hate to speculate on rumour, but would be very disappointed if anyone else left the setup before the relegation issue is decided. Way I see it, that anyone who wanted to leave the set-up should have done so either right after the Tipp match, or right after the subsequent players meeting. Anyone leaving at this point seriously jeopardises what slim chance we have of avoiding the drop, and to be honest, am very disappointed at Cashin leaving us in the lurch at such a late point before the Galway game today.

I think it's time for all concerned to start doing the right thing for Waterford hurling, and shelve any sort of ego's at least until the relegation issue is decided, after which there is 2 months until we face Clare, and plenty of opportunity for those to walk away who want to, and still leave the new man/ men some time to work with.

Exactly.

Hopefully the lads give it a good lash today, I'd be hopeful of some sort of a reaction and with a bit of luck we might just get something. Best of luck lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

the journey to limerick was worth it last night, great win for footballers have them back on track for promotion lets hope its a double today with the hurlers..

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

Allianz Football League Division IV: Limerick 1-14 Waterford 1-18

Waterford came from six points down to record an excellent victory over Limerick at the Gaelic Grounds on Saturday evening.

The defeat for Limerick means their promotion hopes are now almost certainly over, while the Déise still have an outside chance if they win their last two games and other results go their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Waterford came from six points down to record an excellent victory over Limerick at the Gaelic Grounds on Saturday evening.

The defeat for Limerick means their promotion hopes are now almost certainly over, while the Déise still have an outside chance if they win their last two games and other results go their way.

Promotion very much Clare's to lose, but brilliant result last night. Limerick have a lot of respect around the country, and we are always in and around the same standard as them.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭enoughtaken

IanVW wrote: »
    tweeted by @WaterfordGAA

SH v Galway. O'Keeffe, Kearney, Lawlor, Mahony, Browne, Brick, Fives, Moran, Sullivan, Shanahan, S Pender, Stevie, Mullane, Walsh, O'Brien

Twomey in for Browne, Patrick Mahony in for Prendergast and e mc Grath in for molumphy

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭enoughtaken

IanVW wrote: »
    tweeted by @WaterfordGAA

SH v Galway. O'Keeffe, Kearney, Lawlor, Mahony, Browne, Brick, Fives, Moran, Sullivan, Shanahan, S Pender, Stevie, Mullane, Walsh, O'Brien

Twomey in for Browne, Patrick Mahony in for Prendergast and e mc Grath in for molumphy
    Pauric

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭IanVW

eoin mcgrath is starting ffs:o browne, prendergast and molumphy out! mcgrath, twomey and pauric starting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

Sean Cullinane has been approached to come onboard with the county team to work with the defense so next day or two we might hear more,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

3 games! Carlow at home, Leitrim away and London at home. Should take 6 points from 6 available. Clare are 2 points ahead but still have to play Wicklow today. Wicklow will have to beat them for us to stand a chance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement