Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

volvo c30 opinions

• 17-01-2008 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭

Right originally i opened a thread asking for opinions on the s40. Well went and took a look again. In the dealers they had a c30. I dont have a family so 4 seats is a non issue. Styling wise i like it , in fact i would go so far to say as i love the styling (which is a weird thing to say since its a volvo!). But does anybody here have one, have any experiences with it and have any opinions . I'm looking at the se lux model which has lots of toys and is quite a nice place to be. For a bit less money though i could get a civic type s. Although since i can get massive vrt reduction on the c30 flexifuel it kinda brings them into the same type of ball park.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭mountain

hi,

i had a V50, up until recently, which was a great, well built car, with a gutless 1.8 petrol engine. Awful thing it was. A few times when it was in for service, i was given a S40, with the 1.6D, which was a much better engine.

The C30 looks cool, arent too many around either, which is good.

Mountain

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

I quite like the look of it alright, and it isn't the type of car I would normally like. They are a little on the pricey side .. have you thought of the T5 version :D 220bhp and you get the nice agressive looking twin tail pipes.

I drove the S40 T5 for a while and I did like it, even considered buying it but the depreciation made it a non-runner.

I don't know if the residuals on the C30 will be anything like the rest of the marque, but have a think about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

Had one as a car hire for a few days, It was the 1.6 petrol. My impressions of it were:
    Pluses
    lovely interior, nice comfortable seats, drives like a Focus (its cousin) but seemed to be set-up a bit softer. The 1.6 petrol motor seemed willing enough but personally I'd go for the 1.6 diesel.
    Minuses
    Not very practical, strictly a 2+2 coupe. The boot is tiny, room for about one suitcase.
    Overall I liked it, without having the the flexi-fuel models the pricing wouldn't make sense it Ireland as its main competitors (Golf/Focus/Astra/MINI) seem a lot cheaper but €29k for the 1.8 se lux flexi fuel seems a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Colleague had one as a hire car for a few days so the lads all took it for a blurt. Lovely looking, nice drive too. Build quality seems excellent. I've seen glove-boxes bigger than that boot though.
    Completely impractical car but could be lots of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

its a s40 which is a focus underneath so it should driver well
    and I think it looks great so the only thing I would have against it is the price - but its supposed to be an A3 BMW 1 series rival so thats where that comes from.

I reckon theres a good deal(relative) to be had on them if you shop around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement