Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eninem Song and Video "We made you"

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭as125634do

eminem is good. music is a business it appeals to differnet groups of tools with different moods/opinions iv e all kind of music on my ipod. it all pop listen to the beat its copied from pop dance music from 80s/90s. its different cos he is talking instead of singing. big deal. the children like his sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

as125634do wrote: »
    eminem is good. music is a business it appeals to differnet groups of tools with different moods/opinions iv e all kind of music on my ipod. it all pop listen to the beat its copied from pop dance music from 80s/90s. its different cos he is talking instead of singing. big deal. the children like his sounds.

I can agree that he's used a few beats from 80/90's song eg "Like Toy Soldiers" but I don't think you can brand all of his music as pop tbh - Lil Wayne is another artist who has great beats & well produced songs but I couldn't call him pop either! It's a matter of opinion I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

"I can agree that he's used a few beats from 80/90's song eg "Like Toy Soldiers" but I don't think you can brand all of his music as pop tbh - Lil Wayne is another artist who has great beats & well produced songs but I couldn't call him pop either! It's a matter of opinion I guess!"

At the end of the day, most of the commercial rappers have some element of pop..its PART of the reason why they are so successful. i.e. Jay-z, Lil Wayne, Kanye West and so on. Yet dope rappers like Talb Kweli, Common Sense and Black Though (from the Roots) are probably not even half as successful in terms of commercial success.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

PaulieC wrote: »
    Just a quick reminder that when you set up an account on boards.ie - the ie part doesn't stand for "Intellegence Exempt" however if it did, your comments would be welcome. Eminem isn't pop he's rap, hence the title he has given himself in countless articles & interviews - Rap artist. unless of course you're referring to his songs "Kill You" "Drug Ballad" "Puke" & "Just don't give a ****" because only an idiot couldn't see how such songs belong under the genre of pop culture.

Hear hear. I'm no Eminem fanboy (have no time for his last two albums at all), but to dismiss him as a pop act just to insult his fans is a wee bit silly. To this day, I still find "Kill You" hard to listen to. And "3am", more recently, is as disturbed as you'll get. Lady Ga Ga, it ain't.

Advertisement