Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's One I Made Earlier... (Creative Arts thread)

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Here's something I threw together in PS really quickly, it's not great but I think it looks nice. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=105366&stc=1&d=1266354123

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I was just stalking Kateos2on her blog(why yes, that is me outside your house with the binoculars) when I came across this:

D936BC2F4E2F4684BF69958B0484DA6C-500.jpg

Four for you Kateos2, you go Kateos2! That's class!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Some really cool pieces in this thread, thought I'd throw in some of mine. It's rare when I actually have a copy of what I draw, since what I draw usually ends up in a copy- as you can see, I never colour either!

Spider_by_K_R3N.jpg

Graduation_by_K_R3N.jpg

Spaceship_by_K_R3N.jpg

Cool thread, nice kraftwerk!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I was just stalking Kateos2on her blog(why yes, that is me outside your house with the binoculars) when I came across this:

D936BC2F4E2F4684BF69958B0484DA6C-500.jpg

Four for you Kateos2, you go Kateos2! That's class!:)

Just saw this now :o Thanks, I'd say it's probably one of my favourite photos/edits after I've done, glad to see I'm not the only one who likes it.

Spaceship_by_K_R3N.jpg
    This one is great! Very impressive stuff man.

• Advertisement

kateos2 wrote: »
    Just saw this now :o Thanks, I'd say it's probably one of my favourite photos/edits after I've done, glad to see I'm not the only one who likes it.

It's brilliant, you should post more of your stuff!
    Some really cool pieces in this thread, thought I'd throw in some of mine. It's rare when I actually have a copy of what I draw, since what I draw usually ends up in a copy- as you can see, I never colour either!

Spaceship_by_K_R3N.jpg

Cool thread, nice kraftwerk!

You know you've watched way too many studio Ghibli movies when the first thing you think of looking at this is an airship out of a Hayao Miyazaki film:rolleyes: Very cool sketch!

You know you've watched way too many studio Ghibli movies

You can never watch too many Studio Ghibli movies! Pretty sure Miyazaki was behind Whisper of the Heart right? The only 'girly' movie I feel no shame in liking.:o

Thanks for the compliments btw.

You can never watch too many Studio Ghibli movies! Pretty sure Miyazaki was behind Whisper of the Heart right? The only 'girly' movie I feel no shame in liking.:o

Thanks for the compliments btw.

You like whisper of the heart??! You are officially my hero!:D I think that may be my favourite Studio Ghibli movie(but, to be fair they are all awesome)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I've started work on a browser (when I say started I mean it's literally just a webkit window, without any controls other than the defaults (minus the mouse which I've disabled)), my goal is to have a browser that can be easily controlled entirely just through the keyboard (I disabled the mouse to force myself to achieve this :P), but which still works with modern websites, images, video, scripts etc. by using Webkit (probably won't bother with Flash or Java or anything, as I kinda hate them and only use them for youtube).

It will probably never get done as I'm a lazy bastard, but I've decided that if I post it here a few weeks down the line someone might say "Hey how's that going for you" and remind me guilt me into actually doing some work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Pygmalion wrote: »
    I've started work on a browser (when I say started I mean it's literally just a webkit window, without any controls other than the defaults (minus the mouse which I've disabled)), my goal is to have a browser that can be easily controlled entirely just through the keyboard (I disabled the mouse to force myself to achieve this :P), but which still works with modern websites, images, video, scripts etc. by using Webkit (probably won't bother with Flash or Java or anything, as I kinda hate them and only use them for youtube).

It will probably never get done as I'm a lazy bastard, but I've decided that if I post it here a few weeks down the line someone might say "Hey how's that going for you" and remind me guilt me into actually doing some work.

I call annoying/prodding/guilt-trip duties! \o/ I'm good at those, and that sounds pretty cool.

I really must get around to posting something up here.. Someday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Learning how to use CS4 one step at a time.

14mcg7m.jpg

creggy wrote: »

What's CS4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

What's CS4?

Photoshop, well the latest iteration of Adobes Photoshop.

creggy wrote: »

14mcg7m.jpg

Hey, is that just a photo layered over her face with opacity turned down or did you have to mess with blending options?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Hey, is that just a photo layered over her face with opacity turned down or did you have to mess with blending options?

Kinda looks like it was blended around the forehead to some extent. But mostly just the opacity turned down..
    Could be wrong tho.

Yes to both really. I was originally just leaving the opacity down to 50% but it looked a bit dull. So I started using a bunch of the tools to see what they did. Used the burn/smudge/blur tools like a bitch though. No filters though.

I only realised a few hours later that she has weeds growing out of her head.

Could you link to the source images so I can give it a bash? Put them in my photo shop thread :)

http://img.wallpaperstock.net:81/beautiful-face-wallpapers_11213_1280x1024.jpg

I can't find the exact image for the other layer, but just google dry mud for similar ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

It's supposed to look like Kate Moss. I'm trying to get better:o
    7E31E24559DA44AD8C22E96BE28DB75A-500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I knew you should have done art instead of a smelly English degree.

• Advertisement

Jay P wrote: »
    I knew you should have done art instead of a smelly English degree.

Yeah, I knew that too.:(

This was for Jay P's Pink Floyd themed birthday card: Pink_Floyd_Birthday_Card_by_K_R3N.jpg

This is a desktop background I did yonks ago:

Lemon_by_K_R3N.png

I know I'm probably breaking the **** out of this page, so if anyone could tell me how to make them a bit smaller on here I'd be glad to do it.

My screen resolution is 1920 X 1080 so everything always look nice ans small on my screen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 DarkBlue_18

*Love of a Playwright*

Along comes the Spring
    Buds, birth and beauty of no age
    February to April; three months
    Its short spanned run upon
    Nature’s stage
    Act one. Scenes 1,2 and 3
    Opening Snowdrops or Tulips it could be
    A season so elegant
    Post winter it’s dated
    Cold dark days we must fight
    To reach up; become elevated
    Spring it is
    So hard to follow
    But yet summer shines through
    And home comes the swallow
    Swift and sharp
    Weather compliments his performance
    For May, June and July
    Illustrated in summers sky
    An act of joyous renegade
    The finale was an encore, a sweet Parade.

http://oriagain.blogspot.com/ ....For more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

This one took a very long time to complete and took every ounce of creativity I had.

thehead.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

My screen resolution is 1920 X 1080 so everything always look nice ans small on my screen :)
    it makes him feel better about the size of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

My mum gave me her diary 'cause it was too big for her hand bag. It made me feel grown up, too grown up. so i fixed it
    Front:
    db.jpg
    Back:
    df.jpg
    I'm starting to regret the pink duck. People keep thinking it's a statement of my individuality; I just got bored with normal ducks.

Then I bought cheap, fake cons in Pennys was going to do them up nicely but I was haveing a bad day and just wanted to paint. They're v. naff but I got to use lots of colours
    con1.jpg
    con2.jpg

Then I just wanted my Uke to look pretty! I'm actually really proud of the bow but it's a terrible photo.
    uke.jpg

All done in acrylics and marker. The shoes aren't water proof (I don't intend wearing them), the book and uke should be, I used PVA and clear nail varnish respectively. Sorry the pics are big and crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

MUST. STOP. CUSTOMIZING. THINGS.
    DSCF1521.jpg
    It wasn't meant to be so trippy but pretty and girly just weren't woriking for me. Again, crap picture, looks better in RL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

This was for Jay P's Pink Floyd themed birthday card: Pink_Floyd_Birthday_Card_by_K_R3N.jpg

I still have that, along with the Bob Dylan picture and the Daft Punk picture :)

Jay P wrote: »
    I still have that, along with the Bob Dylan picture and the Daft Punk picture :)

Really? The Daft Punk picture was okay if I remember correctly, but the Bob Dylan one should be burned! I'll do you a better one sometime, or maybe a Tom Waits sketch.

I always liked the Pink Floyd one though.

A well-used 5th year study class:
    weird-1.jpg
    tiki.jpg
    Robert Johnson
    More_Robert_Jonhson_by_K_R3N.jpg

• Advertisement

Dude, you're in the wrong course, that's class!

Advertisement