Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

Hey Ryan- lots are still waiting on vetting at the minute did you receive a letter saying that your recruitment was on hold until further funding or that you were being processed through the remaining stages?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ryan561

I received the one stating that, the campaign is on hold due to funding and I have been placed on an active list.

It is still normal to be waiting at the minute theres been some speculation about when the next batch will be brought forward have a wee read back over the thread but as far as I know there isn't anything concrete through yet about the next batch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Hi Ryan welcome to the mad ass PSNI hopeful recruits boards family!!! No such thing as a stupid or the new guy question!! We've all been there before :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ryan561

Thanks guys, will do!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

What region of score did you get during the AC? 60-64 / 65-69 / 70-74 / 75-79?

As far as I know those above 77? got vetting forms, and the Chief Constable has been on the record saying this recruitment will be slower...there is talk that we are all in for a long wait. The merit list from the recent campaign might well be used for 2 financial years, as the planned recruitment in Jan 2015 was cancelled due to budget cuts.

If your AC score is in the 60ies there is a fair wait in front of you it would seem. We are used to waits here haha, call it testing your resilience if you wish.

I've recieved an email from what seems to be an opening to my online learning account? Is anyone else getting this....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Yeah, I got it too.

Online learning wasn't available until after PCAs last campaign, so it's a bit more streamline this time. I'd say it's a bit more heartbreaking going through the learning to then fail the PCA, though.

I've got it too guys got two emails one with the login details and one explaining the first one :) this is very early makes me think they are looking to intake asap which is great :)

Yeah thats what I was thinking.... if they are running it along side the PCA/Medical they are speeding up the process?

It says if you fail the medical or substance misuse test your they will cancel your account... now unless the emails are the exact same as those sent last year. That would imply the medical will be done between the dates we have for online learning... which is quite soon after PCA for most of us. Thoughts?

• Advertisement

Yikes that will be a nightmare for me to get time off if that's the case :S surely they would have to allow time for people to get doctors appointmentmenta before the medical?

I don't know to be fair, I am just saying whats on the email and reading between the lines here. Not too sure, I'd imagine they will have a few weeks between times.

The spiel on the e-mail is the same as last year's with regards to losing access if you fail any stage. The only difference is that online learning used to follow after passing the PCA.

I had two weeks from PCA to medical. The letter itself will state that it may not be possible to reschedule other than in exceptional circumstances and evidence is required.

Two weeks is pretty tight I am going to book a docs appointment before the PCA so hat it will be there in case I need it- did you get your medical date posted out long after your PCA?

Medical letter received within two days.

Why would you be booking an appointment with the doctor between the PCA and medical, do you need to have a doctor sign the forms or what? A little confused here haha.

Apparently there are parts for you to fill out and parts that your GP fills out! Getting an appointment with my GP is like getting blood from a stone so I'm going to book it as soon as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    Why would you be booking an appointment with the doctor between the PCA and medical, do you need to have a doctor sign the forms or what? A little confused here haha.

Your GP has to fill out a medical questionnaire. You have to bring it with you to the medical assessment

If its really that hard to get an appointment I'd book one for a week after your PCA. You'll get your medical booklet when you pass and there's a section you full out and sign. Then there's a part for your GP to check through your answers, they have a section to fill out and sign then that's it. You take that with you on the day of the medical.

I think I'll pre book one and then if I fail it I can just cancel better that than not getting one at all closer to the time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

NEXT MEETING IN PUBLIC: 30th April 2015 in Waterside Tower at 2:30pm You can watch the meeting in public live on You Tube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Has anyone who has passed their medical done so with a minor, but permanent medical issue? I know that's vague, but I didn't want to give away too many personal details.

By the way, I am one of the 'not being processed at the moment' applicants.

Gone very quiet in here recently...

Hard to know man, there are hundreds of minor medical issues some more serious that others!

I know someone who had knee surgery and failed it then appealed it and got in? Maybe thats a minor as it might be an ongoing issue that comes up if he gets trouble with his knee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Anything on recruitment folks at the meeting? In work or else I would be thoroughly tuned in.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Anything on recruitment folks at the meeting? In work or else I would be thoroughly tuned in.

Nothing about recruitment mentioned yet no.

This is from the CC's report to the board:

In this financial year, we expect the greatest operational impact of budget reductions will be felt in terms of reduced recruitment plans leading to reducing officer and staff numbers. With high numbers of police officers retiring and very limited scope for recruitment in 2015-16, it is anticipated that officer numbers will be 6,773 by March 2016. The impact of reductions in police officer numbers will be exacerbated by a significant reduction in overtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

http://www.psni.police.uk/chief_constable_s_report_nipb_meeting_30_04_15

:( very limited scope. More of the same I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Wonderbar, as usual! 230 is what foi said, I still think that the recruitment saga etc includes the 3rd campaign that was signed off on but never got the go ahead that was to start in January there, I dont think it's just about us, and when it talks about recruitment possibly meaning a fresh campaign, Im probably deluding myself and trying to make lemonade here, I just hope we all get our shot, we deserve a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

I had my shot and I blew my shot. I'm starting to think there's no such thing as second chances :( if this was a Facebook status id be feeling sorry for myself lol

QueenP wrote: »
    I had my shot and I blew my shot. I'm starting to think there's no such thing as second chances :( if this was a Facebook status id be feeling sorry for myself lol

Know the feeling chick xx

• Advertisement

All gone very quiet! Everyone studying hard??

Advertisement