Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone out there with the Opel Intellilink on new Insignias

Options
  • 26-02-2014 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

as the heading asks?

have few questions if i can

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Fire them out and see what bites :)

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Was hoping someone would have one first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Was messing around with one the other day for a good long while if that's any use...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Have a guide about it , from Opel, on my mail in work.

If it's useful, I'll post up in a couple of hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

IMO it's an awful system. Far too complicated, the touchpad is horrible, and the screen itself is angled at a position where certain driving positions can't see the bottom of the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SJT1

I've one currently. Don't like the touchpad much. Mainly use the controls on the steering wheel and guide through the menu's on the dash, find that much easier and faster then going through the touch screen. What questions have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

SJT1 wrote: »
    I've one currently. Don't like the touchpad much. Mainly use the controls on the steering wheel and guide through the menu's on the dash, find that much easier and faster then going through the touch screen. What questions have you got?

Did anyone explain it properly to you, or do you want the full demo that Opel gave me?

Opel guide attached - I thought it wasn't great in the demo we had, but our Opel contact gave me a full run down of the system and once you know how to work it, it's actually fairly good. Lots of functions on the system that you'd never figure out yourself (you can draw letters on the touchpad!), and once it's set up with all favourites saved, it works fairly seamlessly.

They should be releasing "apps" for it shortly.

I am very good at tech stuff normally and have found this very strange interface, but was wondering if the midel I got needed a software upgrade or something..

Anyway, incoming calls , CALLER ID only works if I save contact to Vehicle Contact rather then just working from Phone Bluetooth like any other car... Yet my Full contact list are syncd for outgoing calls no problem.
    Only the number works for incoming unless I save the number to car.. This is ridiculous, I was hoping its my model.

Video playback... avi, mov, mp4 and more files can be played back when car is stopped.
    except none work.... I know this isnt a big thing but it would come in handy for me for work programing

one or two other things I found diff to test drive car which was even a lower spec model, such as Tyre Pressure on drivers Info screen is missing also...

just wanted to check before I did something about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SJT1

savic04 wrote: »
    I am very good at tech stuff normally and have found this very strange interface, but was wondering if the midel I got needed a software upgrade or something..

Anyway, incoming calls , CALLER ID only works if I save contact to Vehicle Contact rather then just working from Phone Bluetooth like any other car... Yet my Full contact list are syncd for outgoing calls no problem.
    Only the number works for incoming unless I save the number to car.. This is ridiculous, I was hoping its my model.

Video playback... avi, mov, mp4 and more files can be played back when car is stopped.
    except none work.... I know this isnt a big thing but it would come in handy for me for work programing

one or two other things I found diff to test drive car which was even a lower spec model, such as Tyre Pressure on drivers Info screen is missing also...

There is a software update due alright the beginning of March. As far as I know that is to fix the problems with the bluetooth connection with Iphone/Samsung phones. The problems so far have been.

Bluetooth connection dropping mid call resulting in the call having to be continued on the phone.

On outgoing calls the first ring being extremely loud, same on incoming calls when the phone is answered, after reverting back to ordinary sound volume.

I have the same issue with my contact list, I haven't yet saved any numbers to the favourites, I'm going to wait for this update and take it from there.

Another problem I'm having is when I'm streaming music via bluetooth from my iphone and I take a call, when the call finishes it goes back to the music but but the sound is gone, therefore I find I have to select a radio station to get the sound back and then go back into the Iphone and hit play again to continue streaming music.

Again, I'm waiting for this update to see how much of this it will fix.

With regard to the tyre pressure monitor, I drive the SC model and as far as I know it's not standard in that model, looking at the Opel configurator they cost around €155, so maybe its just a case that its not in your car.

SJT1 wrote: »
    There is a software update due alright the beginning of March. As far as I know that is to fix the problems with the bluetooth connection with Iphone/Samsung phones. The problems so far have been.

Bluetooth connection dropping mid call resulting in the call having to be continued on the phone.

On outgoing calls the first ring being extremely loud, same on incoming calls when the phone is answered, after reverting back to ordinary sound volume.

I have the same issue with my contact list, I haven't yet saved any numbers to the favourites, I'm going to wait for this update and take it from there.

Another problem I'm having is when I'm streaming music via bluetooth from my iphone and I take a call, when the call finishes it goes back to the music but but the sound is gone, therefore I find I have to select a radio station to get the sound back and then go back into the Iphone and hit play again to continue streaming music.

Again, I'm waiting for this update to see how much of this it will fix.

With regard to the tyre pressure monitor, I drive the SC model and as far as I know it's not standard in that model, looking at the Opel configurator they cost around €155, so maybe its just a case that its not in your car.

All those things have been happening to me, the first loud ring... I have the SE model, video playback isn't working , one video works and rest won't yet they are all same formats. MP4, mov.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Are you using an Android phone? If you are I have found the loading of contacts to be a bit hit and miss with the older Navi 600 system - it took a few weeks before things righted themself for me. If you leave your phone unlocked it will eventually ask you to swap contacts and click do not ask again (or something to that effect) and it should bring them all across.

Using an iphone..

so you say leave phone unlocked and then sync them?

Some numbers caller id works and some dont.
    If i put contacts into Vehicle List, they all work, but Im not going one by one to do it

Bit strange it works outgoing and not incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Chickenfaas

Using an iphone..

so you say leave phone unlocked and then sync them?

Some numbers caller id works and some dont.
    If i put contacts into Vehicle List, they all work, but Im not going one by one to do it

Bit strange it works outgoing and not incoming.

Any fix? This is still happening to me. Exactly as outlined. Ios8 updated again this week and no change.

Advertisement