Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

cable from dish is too long

• 30-09-2005 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

hi, when we got sky installed 4 years ago, the position of the tv was a long way from the entry point of the cable from the satellite dish entering the house.

we have done up the tv room and moved the tv nearer to the entry point. now the cable from the satellite is about 4 feet too long.

is it easy enough to cut off the excees cable an attach a new connector to enter the digibox? i tried taking the connector off the cable, but it does not seem to come off!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Just coil excess up in case you move dish or TV.

The connector may be crimped on or screwed on. In any case if you are inexperienced with making up coax connections a coil of cable (not tight or signal is impared, about dinner plate size). Just tape the coils together to keep it neat.

I have simiilar excess on 3 Satellite cables, cat5 cable, power cable and 2 x UHF TV cables behind my TV set / boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

watty, hi thanks for the reply, much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

yeah just wrap it up in a coil, its always handy to have slack, especially when you need to pull out the box to do something.

Advertisement