Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA League 1 Head to Head

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

I think I'm going to need a Costa goal if my calculations are correct. I'm on 50 and finnharpsboy is on 57.

Fabregas seems good for 3 BPs as of now but Costa is in a scrap for 2. That brings me to 55 in theory but a Costa goal would make sure of 3 BPs and 2. Just over 20 minutes now, it'll be close and that non penalty and yellow look like Costaing me :(

Sweating buckets here Mr.P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Sweating buckets here Mr.P

10 minutes now, I'd say you can start to relax as this game looks over. At least the lads made a good effort but the ref has cost us today and it was an unforgivable error. The booking on top of no penalty just rubbed salt in the wound!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Opening match going down to the wire here, winning at the moment but a late Fabregas goal could change all that!

10 minutes now, I'd say you can start to relax as this game looks over. At least the lads made a good effort but the ref has cost us today and it was an unforgivable error. The booking on top of no penalty just rubbed salt in the wound!

Until that referee blows that final whistle ill keep pacing up and down the technical area offering encouragement to my boys

Congrats to Finnharpsboy. If I had to lose I'm glad its to him, we'll both be up near the top come the business end of things hopefully :)

We both left points on the bench but it's Austin's penalty miss and the ref booking Costa for a dive when he should have awarded the penalty and the assist that would have come with it. A scandalous decision from the ref there.You can print that too if you want! :pac:

The fight my boys showed with a 20 point deficit and to come so close bodes well for the season to come. Onwards and upwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

First 3 points of the season in the bag, hopefully the winning ways keep rolling! Was a close one but Fabregas v Terry decided it!

Congrats to Finnharpsboy. If I had to lose I'm glad its to him, we'll both be up near the top come the business end of things hopefully :)

We both left points on the bench but it's Austin's penalty miss and the ref booking Costa for a dive when he should have awarded the penalty and the assist that would have come with it. A scandalous decision from the ref there.You can print that too if you want! :pac:

The fight my boys showed with a 20 point deficit and to come so close bodes well for the season to come. Onwards and upwards.

An outstanding tie which im sure will make headlines in the next edition. Im sure we will both be somewhere near the top come the end, and an outstanding comeback was averted due to said refereeing error. A lucky manager i would consider myself after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Krul Hand Luke starts the campaign off with a thrilling victory. My boys did a triffic job and the result was never in doubt. We go into the next game full of confidence but in no uncertain terms are we underestimating the opponent as I'm sure the opposing manager has aspirations of causing an upset.

Myself and Dahat faceoff next weekend it seems, the big games just keep on coming.

The Premier League can only dream of the passion and commitment we have in this superb league.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭The Neon Knight

3 bonus points for Ivanovic could give me an unlikely draw.

• Advertisement

3 bonus points for Ivanovic could give me an unlikely draw.

He won't get the 3 I'm afraid, Fab will.

EDIT: Looks like Ivanovic gets 2 bps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

HighClass wrote: »
    First 3 points of the season in the bag, hopefully the winning ways keep rolling! Was a close one but Fabregas v Terry decided it!

Well done, close enough but my decision to go without Fan and Siggy cost me, they will probably both be in my team by the next game week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

First win with an average score of 57. Can't complain though... Yet

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

I need a big night from Hazard and Ivanovic to try pull this one out of the fire, have Hutton to come off the bench with 5 points yet. Opening weekend defeat is not in the plan.

You weren't far off at all in the end, if Ivanovic had been given the assist for Costa's goal you would have won it! Good game TNK! A nervy win in the end but thrilled to get off to a winning start, 37 more of em please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

1 game, 1 win. That's title form if ever I saw it.

A quick update from The FSA League 1 News, while we wait on the managers to give us their views

mNsmz5m.jpg

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ja2jP8-tR1ZiYxxuvg2U5WB6CPEX8hqKEx47d0rMkDs/edit?usp=sharing

Top of the league :eek: I'm the early pacesetter!

jebforever wrote: »
    Top of the league :eek: I'm the early pacesetter!

You're there to be shot at now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭The Neon Knight

Gutted.

Kilburns Kids this week for me, Its Gerry Hattricks Men versus Kilburns Boys :pac:

Issue 3
    https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ja2jP8-tR1ZiYxxuvg2U5WB6CPEX8hqKEx47d0rMkDs/edit?usp=sharing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Defence shoot out in my match with Mr P. Exact same midfield and captain.

It's basically:

De Gea vs Begovic
    Bardsley vs Caulker
    Clyne vs Terry
    Collocini vs Debuchy
    Austin vs Fletcher

I'm pretty worried about Terry and Caulker as he's also on my bench to give even more fuel to the FPL gods to spite me.

Best of luck, but I could do with a win :o

Hopefull of winning this to be honest, 2 wins us a cracking start if it works out.

first game over and the kilburns kids are leading by 3 (1 vs -2)

the neon knight with 0 after that villa newcastle game but 13 points on the bench.... unlucky so far

My 7 vs his 7 so far. He has Hutton first sub with Rafael starting though, that's worrying me. Teams are completely different bar Siggy & Rooney, who knows what'll happen!

After the 3pm matches end and before any bonus points are added kilburn leads me by double scores 18 -9 (8 point hit for me )

Need a Debuchy CS here, Mr P leading 34 - 29 at this stage.

dahat wrote: »
    Need a Debuchy CS here, Mr P leading 34 - 29 at this stage.

Collocini coming up trumps but I'll be happier if Debuchy has a quiet one. A clean sheet for De Gea could go a long way for me too. Too early and too tight to call yet anyway.

• Advertisement

24 - 24. He has Barry in the next game I have Ramsey & Debuchy. He'll be ahead once the BPs come in though, my Costa & Fab vs his Hazard & Ivanoic.

Advertisement