Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cricket in Ireland/Pimp your Club!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Flash88

Anyone wishing to play cricket in Cork?

There are 5 active clubs inCork at the moment with numerous taverners teams.

Cork County,Cork Harlequins,UCC,West Cork and Midleton

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭halvis

Athlone Cricket Club caters for cricket in Westmeath and surrounding areas. We have players from Roscommon, Meath, Offally etc. There is a pool of about 30 players of various abilities and we have a fixture every weekend throughout the 2008 season, a sure sign cricket is becoming more popular in Ireland.

We run a 20/20 match throughout the summer as well, where the true novice can try their hand. We also have practices most Thursday nights throughout the summer months where we welcome all abilities also. I will post some details of the 20/20 matches on our website once I have them -

www.athlonecricketclub.ie

cheers

Jonathan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tundish

Hi -
    Maybe this is a good thread to ask this question.
    I have an e-mail address for Pembroke: recruit@cricket.com. I mailed to it recently but I haven't had a reply. I'm in no rush, but I'm wondering if this is current. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks all -

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zulfikarMD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭legend73

In 2009 Sandyford CC will be fielding 4 Mens teams, 1 Ladies team, and 3/4 junior teams, including U13 boys & Girls, U11 Girls, U15 Boys.

Our website can be found here www.sandyfordcc.org

You can email join@sandyfordcc.org for more information. We cater for a good level of cricket and for a bit of Craic.

Indoor nets - new members are welcome
    Start Date: 19th February
    Venue: Wesley College, Dundrum. 10 min walk from Ballaly LUAS station.
    Time: 20:30 for 1.5 hours

Nets will run for 10 weeks and the costs are as follows:

Full 10 sessions for 70 euro
    Price per night 8 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a club in the Clare/Limerick area? My brother and a mate are coming over from Australia for a holiday in August and are desperate to have a game somewhere. They both play at home.

Cheers,
    Mel.b

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Limerick have a club

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Anyone know where dundrum play their home games? Playing for Old Belvo and have them soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Paddy Geoghegan

The web address of Lismore Cricket Club is now: http://www.liosmor.com/lismorecricket/
    We have a newish layout and we think its the Bizzzz. Thanks to everyone for their visits over the past years, we will try to get regular news bulletins going again ASAP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Long shot i imagine but is here anywhere around Waterford i could play? i have got very heavily into cricket the last 18 months or so and would like to try my hand at it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Hi guys is their any cricket clubs for a newbee in Louth? :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Dasbo

There's plenty of cricket happening around Munster.

Check out http://munstercricket.wordpress.com for more details!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Hi guys is their any cricket clubs for a newbee in Louth? :p:p
    Theres a club started in Dundalk
    http://www.irishprovincialcricket.com/scripts/csArticles/articles/000002/000212.shtml

In the area there are also
    Knockharley in Kentstown Co.Meath

And the Final Clubs Balbriggan, North County, The Hills and RUSH

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

CYM Cricket Club Terenure

We are currently recruiting for our adult and schoolboy teams

http://www.cym-terenure.com/Cricket/tabid/121/Default.aspx

Indoor nets starting Feb 17th in St. Columbas College (8pm to 10pm)

Please email playcricket@cym-terenure.com for more details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 SwearImNotPaul

Anyone know if Wexford Wanderers are still going? I'd love to join. Used to play as a teen.

They have submitted teams in divisions 8 and 13 for the upcoming season

contact details are here
    http://www.irishprovincialcricket.com/LEINSTER/DATABASE/THELCU/clubs.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mrcricket

UCC are looking for a handy wicket-keeper for the MCU leagues if anybody is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xzid

Hi guyz,
    is there any cricket club in Co.Galway ??

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

xzid wrote: »
    Hi guyz,
    is there any cricket club in Co.Galway ??

Take a look at http://www.cgcc.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

Iago wrote: »
    There is, it's called the Taveners league and a lot of teams have initially started out there before moving into the Junior leagues afterwards.

Plays with limited rules

20 overs per team
    every player (bar wicketkeeper) bowls two overs each
    you cannot be out first ball you face
    you cannot be out LBW
    when you score 20 you have to retire

It's good fun as a starting point, as for playing regularly myself I played a few seasons with North Wicklow and 2 years with Merrion but haven't played at all in about 4 years now.

Is there still such a league in Dublin? If so which clubs take part in it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

elderberry wrote: »
    Is there still such a league in Dublin? If so which clubs take part in it?

Most clubs will have a taverners side. It's not a league either (afaik), just a sequence of friendlies.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SD7792

Hi,

I'm looking to join a club next season but I don't know what to pick.

I've played three or four matches before at various stages and I'm not much good but I love the sport and love playing it.

Basically, I just want to join a team to have a bit of fun.

I live down the road from Clontarf CC and I know a few people who play there so that would be handy. I see they have a sixths team in Division 13. Would that team be serious or would they just be going out with the same mindset as me, looking for some fun?

The other option is Old Belvedere, as I'm sure there will be plenty of my friends going to play there once the LC is done next year. Also, if I wanted to play with my friends it would be more central for everyone if we were to play in their grounds.

I'm just wondering which club is best in terms of what I want, just going out to play a bit of cricket for enjoyment and (although winning isn't a bad thing) not having people scream at me when I drop a catch :P

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭crackit

If you are doing your leaving cert next year then I would say there would be a good few younger lads on Clontarfs Div 13 side. However, as far as I can see they use it as a league springboard for their better younger lads. The Darcys came through from the lower ranks in recent years and I believe the Delaney brothers are the next rising stars!

If all your friends are joining Belvo then thats an option. However, they wouldn't be a club I'd reccomend for a 17-18 year old Div 13 player looking to have some fun.

I'm assuming you are north side of the city but not too far north. Phoenix are supposedly starting a lower division side next year so that could be worth a look.

Also, similarly, Civil Service have a number of teams in the lower divisions.

So you have options there! Best of luck

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

SD7792 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've played three or four matches before at various stages and I'm not much good but I love the sport and love playing it.

I live down the road from Clontarf CC and I know a few people who play there so that would be handy. I see they have a sixths team in Division 13. Would that team be serious or would they just be going out with the same mindset as me, looking for some fun?

The other option is Old Belvedere, as I'm sure there will be plenty of my friends going to play there once the LC is done next year. Also, if I wanted to play with my friends it would be more central for everyone if we were to play in their grounds.

I'm just wondering which club is best in terms of what I want, just going out to play a bit of cricket for enjoyment and (although winning isn't a bad thing) not having people scream at me when I drop a catch :P

Thanks in advance.

Clontarf does sound like your best bet, they're a good bunch down there, and if it's close to your house I'd go there. Coaching/training etc. would be better there.

crackit wrote: »
    If you are doing your leaving cert next year then I would say there would be a good few younger lads on Clontarfs Div 13 side. However, as far as I can see they use it as a league springboard for their better younger lads. The Darcys came through from the lower ranks in recent years and I believe the Delaney brothers are the next rising stars!

If all your friends are joining Belvo then thats an option. However, they wouldn't be a club I'd reccomend for a 17-18 year old Div 13 player looking to have some fun.

I'm assuming you are north side of the city but not too far north. Phoenix are supposedly starting a lower division side next year so that could be worth a look.

Also, similarly, Civil Service have a number of teams in the lower divisions.
    So you have options there! Best of luck

The Delaneys have moved up to 4ths 5ths. clontarf are a nice bunch we played them yesterday. match was played in a good spirit.

Civil service are a good bunch of lads aswell I know a few of their 4/5ths

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Join Old Belvedere 4th XI, it's a balanced team age wise and if you're available to play consistently you're almost sure to get a game every week. Age wise it's grand there's a good few 18-19 year olds including myself. PM me if you're interested in joining and I'll give you the DL on winter training etc. Also if you live down the road from Clontarf, as I do, yet consider Belvo an option I take it you are from the College, as I am, and if so you should definitely join as on the 4ths we boast 60-70% of our team being from the College.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Akshay Katyal

its a pity there isnt a crappy league, that older first timers could join ,now that would be enjoyable

Chris you could try Pembroke Cricket club , they have got 6 Men teams and its open to first timers and no matter what age you are :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lauraersk

Litcagral wrote: »
    Very popular in North County Dublin where the main clubs are Malahide, Rush, The Hills, North County, Balbriggan etc.

lets not forget clontarf !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lauraersk

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

personaly i think the tarf is the best and we are starting a 7ths this year so come down if ur interested
    the lads are really laid back and play for the love of the game

Advertisement