Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

After winning the first leg 2-1 at home, Guingamp could not halt Kiev comeback tonight. They logically lost 3-1 but can have some regrets.

1-0 down at HT, they conceded a second goal right at the beginning of the second half. But for some reasons, Kiev kinda stopped playing and Guingamp came back in the game, had a couple of opportunities and eventually managed to score (though the guy who deflected the ball in was slightly offside). But they deserved it. Kiev was doing nothing, sitting deep down in their own half and waiting for the end of the game. Guingamp could then have gone level twice but failed to be efficient. And in the end they conceded a stupid (but rightly given) penalty after a succession of individual mistakes. They had 2 good opportunities to score at the end but failed to do so.

Bravo les gars anyway. But I can't help to have some regrets after both games. I now hope they'll manage to hold their position in Ligue 1 (they should but you never know...) since they showed the way to all our bigger clubs which complain every year that it's hard to play every 3 days, that they don't have the depth in the squad, blah blah blah... crybabies losers mentality. Guingamp just gave you a lesson. Watch and learn!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

#THFC team: Lloris (c), Walker, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose; Bentaleb, Mason; Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend; Kane #COYS

#THFC subs: Vorm, Davies, Fazio, Dembele, Stambouli, Lamela, Soldado #COYS

Team to face Spurs: Cech; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Cahill, Fabregas; Willian, Diego Costa, Hazard. #CFCWembley

Today's subs: Courtois, Filipe Luis, Ake, Oscar, Cuadrado, Drogba and Remy. #CFCWembley

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Is that Cahill in midfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

KevIRL wrote: »
    Is that Cahill in midfield?

Well that is interesting! Presumably Jose is going to try use him as a Matic type wall. Creative!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Would be surprised if Costa doesn't get another yellow here.

• Advertisement

Terry goal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

terry 1-0 chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 16,627 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Watching Bein USA here, Walker injured and coming off, is that correct?

dahat wrote: »
    Watching Bein USA here, Walker injured and coming off, is that correct?

Walker starts second half although fazio had 'extensive' warm up at ht

costa 2-0 fab assist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

costa 2-0 fab assist

Walker og Costa assist*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

#AVFC (v @WBAFCOfficial): Given, Lowton, Okore, Clark, Bacuna, Westwood, Delph (c), Cleverley, Sinclair, Agbonlahor, N’Zogbia. #AVFCLIVE

West Brom XI vs. Aston Villa: Myhill; Dawson, McAuley, Lescott, Olsson, Brunt; Yacob, Morrison, Gardner; Berahino, Ideye. #WBA

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

So Foster has been dropped..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

El festino wrote: »

No more so than Guzan I'd say.
    Perhaps if Given was WBA's sub keeper they could afford to drop him

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

El festino wrote: »

myhill got injured in one of the earlier rounds when he also started so he is the fa cup goalie!
    I'd love if foster was dropped! I'll be moving him on in a few weeks anyway and I have my hill so I cud have 2 starters :D

delph goal
    my hill should have done better !

Yacob second yellow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Sinclair 2-0 Villa go through

2 0 Sinclair

Confirmed #LFC team v @OneRovers: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Lovren, Johnson, Markovic, Henderson, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge

• Advertisement

sterling wing back again . and with that his one week stint in my team ends

skrtel in bother, kolo and sakho warming up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Goes to a replay. Will be interesting to see when it's scheduled since UEFA doesn't like teams playing on Champions League nights and Blackburn have an Easter Monday fixture

0-0 FT. Replay for liverpool

km79 wrote:
    sterling wing back again . and with that his one week stint in my team ends

He was s**te today. I'll keep him for swa(a) but then he's gone.

spock. wrote: »
    He was s**te today. I'll keep him for swa(a) but then he's gone.

I sold him already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,627 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Typical the one game Henderson stops scoring on and it isn't an FPL game ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Goes to a replay. Will be interesting to see when it's scheduled since UEFA doesn't like teams playing on Champions League nights and Blackburn have an Easter Monday fixture

Daily mail indicating it might not be for a month!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2985514/Brendan-Rodgers-Liverpool-FA-Cup-replay-delayed-month.html

United XI: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Herrera, Di Maria, Fellaini, Young, Rooney.
    United subs: Valdes, Rafael, Jones, Carrick, Januzaj, Mata, Falcao.

#Arsenal team v Man Utd: Szczesny, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ozil, Alexis, Welbeck
    #Arsenal subs: Martinez, Gibbs, Chambers, Ramsey, Giroud, Walcott, Akpom #MUFCvAFC

• Advertisement

Bellerin yellerin

Advertisement