Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Cork981

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I got this running pretty good now after a lot of playing

Cork981, What providers are you using in Crossepg?
    I'm using the Pli skin but it doesn't do the HDMU Center? Do any of them?

Any tips or tricks you can give me? Not used to Enigma

Opentv provider seem to work the best.
    Not to sure I tried a few skins didnt come across any using the hdmu layout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I've come to the conclusion that my box has a hardware fault. In Spark, if I insert a usb drive or key, format and do a speed test and get decent speeds, but after a reboot, it mounts it again and I do the test again it's very slow. I've gone through all formats, ext3, ntfs and fat32. I'm also having problems in Enigma with usb, it doesn't mount cleanly. Timeshift and recording don't work if the usb is in the box on boot, although if I remove it and insert it again it does. CrossEpg doesn't see it to use it either unless I remount. I've tried about 5 different usb keys and a usb drive. It's RMA time.

mkfs.ext3 -L RECORD /dev/sda1
    cd /autofs/sda1
    mkdir movie

try this via telnet

That worked and remounted on a reboot. I edited the paths to in network to point at the new mount and created a timeshift directory. Now to sort my channel list....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

You have to use a Kingston USB or an external hard drive for enigma

• Advertisement

I've been playing with this for hours and there are just too many issues with it to be my main runner. It certainly looks the part with the Pli theme. Here's what I'm seeing:
    • Oscam is very unstable, it stutters and glitches at times, it works fine in Spark
    • do anything with the box like go into menu and Oscam no longer does the channel, change channel and it works again
    • CrossEpg doesn't always load and when it does (manually on boot from standby) it's missing channels.
    • optical sound out is out of sync

Not seeing any of these issues. Using oscam 7884 is perfect with dual rec.
    Maybe try the sattvhelp image 1.00 fairly stable as well and requires less work to get going.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Is the Amiko 8900 Alien - Spark & Enigma 2 any good?

m8 wrote: »

Wrong thread dude, anyway it's an old model

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭championc

Compton wrote: »
    You have to use a Kingston USB or an external hard drive for enigma

Do you mean for flashing the image in the first place ? I've been trying to flash it off three different USB sticks without sucess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

are you using front usb socket.

stanley1 wrote: »
    are you using front usb socket.

Yes. I had no problem installing plugins with the stick in this port. Am I just better using my USB HDD ?

Yes for flashing enigma you have to use a kingston USB or an external hdd

Yes, its a good box if you have no need for a twin tuner box, very much the same as the alien 2 and uses the same spark s/w.

Guys, I had a little trouble getting the autobouquets plugin working and got help elsewhere. Some IPK's will not install on Alien2 as they are designed for a different architecture. Here's how:
    Extract dvbsnoop from zip file and ftp across to usr/bin change permissions for this file to 777

Extract autobouquets.zip and ftp the directory Autobouquets to usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/
    Change permissions of the Autobouquets file to 755

Then restart Enigma2 and then go to Plugins and you should see Autobouquets installed.

dvbsnoop
    autobouquets

My Crossepg still isn't pulling in the epg for all channels, like I'm only getting now and next for RTE's on satellite, I'm wondering is there something I've set wrong? Are you getting them all Cork981?

Ya all my channels are getting 7 day epg, it fully loads after about 10 second of first channel clearing.
    Make sure you run it after you install your bouquets.
    What provider are you using

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Where is the best site for help with this receiver?

Am just about to purchase one.

Cork981 wrote: »
    Ya all my channels are getting 7 day epg, it fully loads after about 10 second of first channel clearing.
    Make sure you run it after you install your bouquets.
    What provider are you using

I figured it, is that old usb bug. I unplugged it and plugged in again and now it's working for now. Until i do a cold boot. Think I'll rma this box, definitely an issue with usb.

Where is the best site for help with this receiver?

Am just about to purchase one.

Linux sat support and sattvhelp offer a lot support on these boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

hardware seems to be very good but software appears to be very buggy.

I need help please to install Enigma2. I have tried without success to load it off a USB stick and now I've failed trying to install off the USB HDD.

I have set the box to ENIG. I then rebooted it and pressed the > button which then displayed FACT followed unfortunately by T TO. My USB HDD is formatted by the box to FAT32. I have been using the rear USB socket because when trying the front one, the HDD does not seem to work at all (no LED).

My USB stick is also formatted with FAT32.

championc wrote: »
    I need help please to install Enigma2. I have tried without success to load it off a USB stick and now I've failed trying to install off the USB HDD.

I have set the box to ENIG. I then rebooted it and pressed the > button which then displayed FACT followed unfortunately by T TO. My USB HDD is formatted by the box to FAT32. I have been using the rear USB socket because when trying the front one, the HDD does not seem to work at all (no LED).

My USB stick is also formatted with FAT32.

Read a few pages back, you have to downgrade to 1.2.51 to update the boot loader, then get the e2upgrade plugin and you can flash from spark with any usb key.

I remember doing the .51 version at the time and also installed a load of plugins. So maybe I'm good to go already.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Shezsharks

1. Can you edit your channel lists through DCC on pc instead of the box?
    2. What is crosspeg?
    3. What is blindscan?

Shezsharks wrote: »
    1. Can you edit your channel lists through DCC on pc instead of the box?
    2. What is crosspeg?
    3. What is blindscan?

1, you can use http://sourceforge.net/projects/dreamboxedit/
    2, it gives you 7 day EPG http://code.google.com/p/crossepg/
    3, blind scan will search for frequencies and symbol rates as opposed to auto scan which scans the list of transponders stored on the box

At the moment I am using Spark and just got that sorted the editor is for enigma and wont read the box and the crossepg is for enigma too unfortunately

At the moment I am using Spark and just got that sorted the editor is for enigma and wont read the box and the crossepg is for enigma too unfortunately

Sorry, thought you were trying Enigma, with Spark you ahve to FTP into the box and copy down the db locally and use this tool http://www.swtools.biz/2012/07/17/spark-editor-1-7/
    Then FTP back to the box

ahve to FTP into the box and copy down the db locally:
    How do I do this part?

• Advertisement

ahve to FTP into the box and copy down the db locally:
    How do I do this part?

You need the IP of the box and you use the Filezilla Ftp client software: http://filezilla-project.org/

Username: root
    Password: root

You'll have to Google for a guide if you need help, you'll need to have basic file and directory layout knowledge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement