Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracing a mobile number

• 15-07-2008 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

Just curious..

Is there any way I can find out who I missed a call from? It's an 086 number. I have rang the number with my i.d. withheld but didn't recognise the voice as there was a lot of background noise. I didn't stay long without hanging up as I felt like I was doing something wrong - wimp!

So, apart from calling them again, is there any way to find out who called me? Is there any way I can hear their recorded message on their voicemail (if they have one)? I know with 087 you can diall 0875******* and hear the recording. This doesn't work for o2.

I'm not going to phone them up and ask them who they are but my nose is getting the better of me!:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,759 ✭✭✭✭Basq

July wrote: »
    So, apart from calling them again, is there any way to find out who called me? Is there any way I can hear their recorded message on their voicemail (if they have one)? I know with 087 you can diall 0875******* and hear the recording. This doesn't work for o2.
    Yes, it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

Well it doesn't work from my 087 - the call disconnects. Does it need to be a landline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Well it doesn't work from my 087 - the call disconnects. Does it need to be a landline?

They probably don't have it set up. It defintely works on o2 as it works on all operators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Try calling them and telling them you had a missed call from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Onkle wrote: »
    Try calling them and telling them you had a missed call from them?

+1

Only way to trace a mobile numbers owners details is via a Garda request to a Network and that certainly wouldn't apply in this case (now if you got 100 calls a day from that number at all hours then they might investigate it but even then it's doubtful they would pass on the personal details of the owner of the number unless it was going forward to court)

• Advertisement
Advertisement