Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rizzoli & Isles [TNT - US] [** Spoilers **]

• 12-07-2010 10:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Starts tonight on TNT, female buddy-cop show....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

The books are good - will be interesting to see what the show is like....

• Registered Users Posts: 84,957 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Isnt Lorraine Bracco a little young to be Angie Harmon's mother

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Rizzoli-Isles-Premiere-1020543.aspx

The premiere of Rizzoli & Isles attracted 7.6 million viewers, making it the second-biggest cable TV series debut ever.
    Monday night's launch of the TNT crime drama finished slightly behind the 2008 unveiling of Raising the Bar — and it managed to keep almost all of the 7.7 million viewers for the Season 6 start of The Closer
    "The tremendous viewer response to Rizzoli & Isles is very gratifying," said Michael Wright, the head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies.
    Rizzoli & Isles is based on Tess Gerritsen's best-selling book series in which Boston Detective Jane Rizzoli teams up with her friend and medical examiner Maura Isles.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Just watched the first episode and I have to say I was impressed.

The two main characters are perfectly matched.

The supporting cast is great also.....I recognize a lot of faces.

It was a strong pilot.....looking forward to next weeks.

Whats with the Irish music?!!!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ it wasn't as bad as i thought either, but it seems a little confused about what it wants to be. It had some whitty moments and banter, but then you get these serious serial killer scenes.

I'm not an Angie Harmon fan, voice is too deep for my liking...though glad they touch on the "are they lesbian" vibe when they were lying on the bed. Isles is a bit of wordsmith, Rizolli is a bit of a tomboy.

It was ok, enjoyable enough....but i tend to feel they need to focus the show a bit better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Just watched that there under advisement of Richard Dower. It's strange watching a show after reading the books and pictured the characters in your head. I always pictured the one who plays Miranda Bailey in Gray's Anatomy as Jane Rizzoli. The 2 mains had a good dynamic, I just don't think they have totally settled into their characters yet. It was slightly disjointed, but it was good (albeit seemed a bit rushed in the end). Look forward to the next one.

What is with all the "lesbian undertones" in all the US shows these days!

Are lesbians selling shows?!
    :D

^Who wouldn't like to see Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander getting it on?...i know *I* would!

Besides, i've always felt Harmon was true life lesbo....it's the deep voice and tomboy swagger!

No it is great.....but it is just starting to reek of desperation.....it gets boring after awhile.....its never going to happen!!!

Its a new ploy in a lot of the shows now....... probably trying to get more guys interested in it!

Yeah she is very butch alright........wouldn't be my type at all!:D

^ ooh!...big revelation there from you Dily. :-)

• Advertisement

Much better than last week.

The cast are great and gel well together.

I am loving the humor in it.....there were a few laugh out loud moments.

Jane and Maura work well together.....two women married to their jobs!

Looking forward to next weeks and getting to know the characters more. :)

^ i thought the reverse, much weaker this week...stupid central plot this week, the humour seems a bit OTT imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

^Who wouldn't like to see Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander getting it on?...i know *I* would!

Besides, i've always felt Harmon was true life lesbo....it's the deep voice and tomboy swagger!

harmon looks like tina fey only hotter

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I just got around to watching the first episode and I'm very impressed... suspense and action and pretty good acting. I will be interested to see how the second episode goes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Anyone seen this? It premiered on TNT a few weeks ago and a second season has already been ordered.

Yeah, I'm quite enjoying it - but there is already a thread about this show.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055966921

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Threads merged.

^ i've stopped watching it...it's aimed at the Grey's crowd....too sickly sweet for my taste.

Isles is starting to annoy me with using the scientific name for everything... no one talks like that! She also knows too much - show would be better if her character was slightly more realistic, don't dumb her down but she cannot know literally EVERYTHING all the time.

/rant

This seemed like a filler episode - not much action, just a lot of sitting around and talking a bunch of shíte. Hopefully it gets back to form and this isn't a sign of things to come!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

hehe, it's Cagney and Lacey meets Bones ;)

Watched the most recent eppy, Angie and Sasha do have good chemistry, but the storyline and investigative process left a lot to be desired.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/03/chris-vance-rizzoli-isles/

Prison Break‘s Chris Vance (Whistler) has booked a major recurring role. He will play Sgt. Major Charles “Casey” Jones, an old flame of Rizzoli’s (Angie Harmon) who comes back into her life just as she’s struggling to recover from being shot and nearly killed in the line of duty.
    Vance will debut in Season 2 opener on July 11.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-ca-rizzoli-isles-20110703,0,1592517.story

Wow!....everyone seems really scared and at pains to dismiss the lesbian vibes, which many MANY people have noted!....in fact alot of the LGBT forums and websites like AfterEllen etc, have posted endless articles on it, in fact...the lesbian angle was a major draw for many, it was for me...from what i saw of it.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a328165/rizzoli--isles-stars-dismiss-lesbian-speculation.html

Rizzoli & Isles co-creator Janet Tamaro has dismissed speculation concerning the nature of the central duo's relationship.

The showrunner told the Los Angeles Times that there is no romantic element to the friendship between Rizzoli (Angie Harmon) and Isles (Sasha Alexander).

"[We have] two gorgeous actresses together who have great, natural chemistry," she argued.
    "[But they] are straight women who don't fear the interest in or the speculation about their relationship."

Alexander agreed that the crime-fighting pair are simply "friends and colleagues".

"Women in the workplace are often portrayed as catty and competitive," she suggested. "It's rare that you get to see them as smart friends and colleagues who can debate and disagree. They don't have to always sabotage each other and fall for the same guy."

Co-star Harmon added: "I hate to disappoint, but these characters are straight. If we lose viewers because of it, [then we're] sorry!"

Chris Vance, Colin Egglesfield, Jacqueline Bisset, Ed Begley Jr and Bill O'Reilly have already signed up for roles in the second season of Rizzoli & Isles.

The show returns to TNT on Monday, July 11 at 10/9c.

Looking forward to it. I really liked Season 1.

If there was a TV Award for best use of slow-mo in a season cliffhanger, R&I would have won it. :)

(Spoilers for those who haven't seen the S1 finale):

Edit: Embedding on clip is disabled, so click here to watch.

Anyone else finding season 2 super boring thus far?

Renewed for Season 3....

I'm glad actually - nice light summer show... :)

Rizzoli & Isles starts on Alibi on the 13th of September 2011

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Rizzoli & Isles starts on Alibi on the 13th of September 2011

Bump starts tonight

• Advertisement

Anyone still watching? I have been sitting on season 2 for a while now and finally got around to watching the 3rd episode.

I'm finding it really boring and quite annoying actually. Isles is wrecking my head!

Advertisement