Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2014 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Thanks everyone for comments, have sent off my form for the Coombe so shall wait patiently to hear back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Suain

What symptoms are you ladies experiencing? I'll be 6 wks this weekend. Last week I had twinges had to pee a lot. This week I have nothing to report just feel normal. I know I shouldn't of but I took another pregnancy test this morning to make sure I am still pregnant. Still positive thank god. Scan now changed to the 29th due to my work. Will have driven myself crazy by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 BroodyAllen

I'm just about 6 weeks and my symptoms have eased off too, I think (hope!) that's normal. My bloating and boob pain have eased, still getting womb twinges here and there. No nausea yet but I've heard it can kick in around now.

Question for the ladies getting scans soon, have you just booked privately or are you getting them at the hospital? My my first hospital scan I'll be nearly 14 weeks and I'm getting a bit worried, would be nice to have some reassurance before then!

Thank you BroodyAllen, just very wary and fearful. I have a scan on the 29th of April (7wks) due to the fact I miscarried first pregnancy last year. I am living overseas by the way so things could be different too.
    Doc also mentioned scan in week 12. So fingers crossed all will go well. I'm going public here in Oz, seems to be a great setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pinkshoes2012

Hi everyone,
    I am joining ye also, I am new to as all this just over the 6 week mark. Went to doctor last week so all confirmed, she was very helpful and gave me some good website's. Was a little worried as I have not had any symptoms, but she said that's OK and not to be worried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

So I think I'm in! Two negative tesco tests but this morning clear blue said 1-2 weeks. I think that means I'm due in December sometime? You ladies will probably know better than me! Delighted and excited to be joining!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

wicklori wrote: »
    So I think I'm in! Two negative tesco tests but this morning clear blue said 1-2 weeks. I think that means I'm due in December sometime? You ladies will probably know better than me! Delighted and excited to be joining!

Congratulations! If you know the date of your last period, you can fill in an online pregnancy calculator to estimate your due date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

mrsWhippy wrote: »
    Congratulations! If you know the date of your last period, you can fill in an online pregnancy calculator to estimate your due date :)

Yeah mrsw.... Did that and saying dec 17/18. But I'm not sure! I'm still breastfeeding and only have had one period. For now I'm going with that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

Hi everyone,
    I am joining ye also, I am new to as all this just over the 6 week mark. Went to doctor last week so all confirmed, she was very helpful and gave me some good website's. Was a little worried as I have not had any symptoms, but she said that's OK and not to be worried.
    I had little to no symptoms when first pregnant too and I'm 34 wks now, everyone is different so don't worry!

Having waves of nausea all day today, bleurgh! Hopefully a good sign all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gmail

Well today I feel like my eyelids are somewhere down by my knees I'm so tired!
    Boobs definitely aren't as sore as they were last week. Crampy from time to time, very similar to PMT symptoms.
    I'm approaching the 6 week mark now and generally feel ok apart from the tiredness.

Hope everybody else is doing ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 highflyer30

Nearly six weeks here too. Nausea starting today. Was nearly three stone lighter after having last baby though - the one upside to bein so sick! Had very little symptoms last time til six weeks.

I'm not even 5 weeks yet :( This is just dragggging! Went to the doctor this morning and got all my forms for combined care - will be going to Holles St again. Gutted I won't be eligible for the Domino scheme this time around:(

Anyway, feeling very knackered in the evenings, not too bad during the day. The little one is still waking at night sometimes which doesn't help one bit! Got back to (strength & conditioning) training today so feeling fantastic after it!

I had really bad food aversions last time which hasn't seemed to have kicked in yet. Wondering (and worrying!) if I'm feeling too good iykwim? :(

Know what you mean mrswhippy, feel like time is going so slow!
    That's a pity you don't qualify for domino scheme this time. Don't have it where I am and it sounds great.
    Mad saying it but I hope some symptoms kick in for you soon. It's crap but reassuring at the same time.

Due to worrying if everything is ok. I rang my doc yesterday for previous weeks blood tests. Hcg was 715 (which falls within the expected range for 5 weeks) she offered me more blood tests to put my mind at ease. I will get results of those bloods tomorrow. Really the lack of symptoms has me driven crazy coupled with previous miscarriage. Just wishing time away now as scan on the 29th. Hopefully then we can relax.
    I hope everyone else is having a smoother journey thus far x

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dizzymisslizzy

Hey.... Found out yesterday and think I'm due in December. Two positive Tesco tests. Went to do a Clearblue digital one but got the book fault symbol so I'll get another tomorrow just to be sure. Feeling totally overwhelmed atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭thebomb

Iam 19 weeks pregnant and only in recent weeks the tiredness has eased off due in early September .... it can't come quick enough I feel like iam pregnant ages lol also this week have felt the ikle one kick strange but amazing feeling x happy bumping peeps x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow - things seem to be settling, far less cramping, no sore boobs, definitely a little hungrier. nibbling on healthy foods and totally total shattered come evening times but all good. Had a wobbler earlier in the week as I felt "normal" and was worried, all is fine though!

Have 8 week scan tomorrow week and all being well, should see a heartbeat. Mad! Sometimes can get overwhelming thinking of all the changes ahead, so doing my best to increase exercise and stay calm. Easy know its our first!

5 weeks tomorrow and boobs are killing me today. I'm a bit relieved to have some more symptoms!

I'm heading away on holidays with my parents in 2 weeks time - am not going to get away with not telling them (we all love our wine!), am really afraid to before having a scan done as I don't want them worrying. If I got a scan before I left, I'd be less than 7 weeks - would hate for there to be no heartbeat detected and having to go through a 10 day wait. I think it's probably better to leave it until I get back when I'll be 9 weeks (hopefully!) and just pray for the best in the mean time :(

I'm wondering the same tbh, my scan isn't for ages so don't know whether to tell my parents and hope for the best or book an early scan. I've no reason to think anything's wrong though... decisions

• Advertisement

I'm wondering the same tbh, my scan isn't for ages so don't know whether to tell my parents and hope for the best or book an early scan. I've no reason to think anything's wrong though... decisions

If you can hold off until 8 weeks, you could get a scan then? I had an 8 week scan last time and they could see the heart etc. I think any earlier than that would be less conclusive particularly if your dates might be a bit off.

How far along will you be before yours?

I'll be nearly 14 weeks :/ Yeah I might just book an early scan at 8 or 9 weeks.

Is anyone else due to fly anywhere soon? I'm meant to be going to Germany for work in a couple of weeks and have heard that some women choose not to fly in the first trimester

I'll be nearly 14 weeks :/ Yeah I might just book an early scan at 8 or 9 weeks.

Is anyone else due to fly anywhere soon? I'm meant to be going to Germany for work in a couple of weeks and have heard that some women choose not to fly in the first trimester

Canada at 7 weeks. I don't think flying will pose any problems tbh, apart from discomfort maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

My girlfriend found out last Thursday, she'll be six weeks pregnant tomorrow, due date is 25th December. So far so good apart from the evening tiredness and sore boobs. Official first scan is 27th June but we'll be going for a Week 9-10 scan just in case. Any recommendations on where to go for the early scan?

My girlfriend found out last Thursday, she'll be six weeks pregnant tomorrow, due date is 25th December. So far so good apart from the evening tiredness and sore boobs. Official first scan is 27th June but we'll be going for a Week 9-10 scan just in case. Any recommendations on where to go for the early scan?

I'm also due 25th of December, but I'm only 5 weeks today?! How does that work? I'd much rather be 6 weeks than 5 weeks though :D

I got my first scan before in Mount Carmel but this time around I'm going to book with http://www.imff.ie/ in the Beacon!

Congrats! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

mrsWhippy wrote: »
    I'm also due 25th of December, but I'm only 5 weeks today?! How does that work? I'd much rather be 6 weeks than 5 weeks though :D

I got my first scan before in Mount Carmel but this time around I'm going to book with http://www.imff.ie/ in the Beacon!

Congrats! :)

I honestly don't know how the due dates work, I spent an hour trying to figure it out this morning. She's 5-6 weeks anyway.

Edit: She's just finished her 5th week, so tomorrow is the start of week 6.

Congrats to the newcomers. Dec is going to busy for all of us. Got second round of blood results back today, Hcg levels are in right range, thank god. Can relax for the weekend. Have a scan on Tuesday after work ill be just over 7 weeks then. Can't wait to see what's happening. Fingers crossed all is well and I will finally be able to enjoy it. Still no symptoms (tired but could be in my head). Told doc and she laughed saying enjoy it she had to admit a woman to hospital today for severe morning sickness. Count my blessings I suppose. How is everyone else doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 highflyer30

Went to doc today, due 18th dec. bit nauseated today but not too bad yet. Gonna get private scan at nine weeks or ill go mad wondering is all ok!!!

My appetite is though the bleedin' roof! For food, not lovin', unfortunately for the hubby :pac: I generally feel a bit iffy in the mornings but that goes away quickly, then by lunchtime I'm ravenous! I'm getting so excited and am just itching to tell everyone!

• Advertisement

highflyer30 we are due date buddies :)
    I'm booked in for an early scan at 8w+5
    Literally bursting to tell people! Although I did get to tell the nurse at work this morning so that was brilliant to be able to talk to somebody about it!
    Suain - delighetd to hear your Hcg levels are in the normal range - you must be so relieved!

Advertisement