Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Lucuma wrote: »
    Booked in with Louise Kenny anyway. First scan at 12 weeks. Fingers crossed til then

The two people I know who went with her found her excellent. Best of luck with it all Lucuma. How far along are you now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Roesy wrote: »
    The two people I know who went with her found her excellent. Best of luck with it all Lucuma. How far along are you now?

6 weeks + 3 days according to the ap on my phone. So very early days indeed! I've told hubby that all post-12 week baby conversations are banned, he started discussing where we (that is him, me, the baby & my 2 stepkids) should spend next Christmas last night!! Woaaaah horse. Having those kind of conversations will only make the fall harder and longer if we do have a miss so from now on, such topics are banned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Got my 12 week scan appointment in the post today, getting excited now!

Thankfully feeling quite well so far (nearly 8 weeks) but the tiredness is just overwhelming. Don't remember it being this intense last time. Maybe it has something to do with having a 1yr old now!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

emer_b wrote: »
    Got my 12 week scan appointment in the post today, getting excited now!

Thankfully feeling quite well so far (nearly 8 weeks) but the tiredness is just overwhelming. Don't remember it being this intense last time. Maybe it has something to do with having a 1yr old now!

Oh I hear ya on the tiredness. My daughter is almost 21 months only just walking and into everything. Night mare!!!
    Im 8w 1d according to app on phone. Not as pukey as last time dunno should I be worried or thankful :)

Oh I hear ya on the tiredness. My daughter is almost 21 months only just walking and into everything. Night mare!!!
    Im 8w 1d according to app on phone. Not as pukey as last time dunno should I be worried or thankful :)

Definitely thankful!
    I don't have the searing heartburn yet, every day without it is a bonus!

• Advertisement

Definitely thankful!
    I don't have the searing heartburn yet, every day without it is a bonus!

Very true. Ive only had one bout of heart attack heart burn so far... long may it last

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Hi All

Second timer here! My first is also an August baby. (he was 2007) I'm due the 7th with this one. I'm hoping for an elected section I had an ecs after a five day labour on the first we both nearly died and he was in the NICU for five days needed to be resuscitated and was touch and go for awhile. Im terrified of labouring again, its actually one of the reasons we waited so long to go again.

This little bean has already given us a few scares, I've had a few heavily bleeds, with clotting and pain so im being monitored very closely. We are heading in for scan three on the 21st and hopefully it will all have settled by then.

How is everyone sleeping? I was awake the last three nights in a row until the wee hours. I dont mind though its a small worry compared to everything else.

Regards to you all

Ladypip

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

ladypip wrote: »
    Hi All

Second timer here! My first is also an August baby. (he was 2007) I'm due the 7th with this one. I'm hoping for an elected section I had an ecs after a five day labour on the first we both nearly died and he was in the NICU for five days needed to be resuscitated and was touch and go for awhile. Im terrified of labouring again, its actually one of the reasons we waited so long to go again.

This little bean has already given us a few scares, I've had a few heavily bleeds, with clotting and pain so im being monitored very closely. We are heading in for scan three on the 21st and hopefully it will all have settled by then.

How is everyone sleeping? I was awake the last three nights in a row until the wee hours. I dont mind though its a small worry compared to everything else.

Regards to you all

Ladypip

Wow you have had a rough ride in the past, I sympathise as all of my pregnancies have been rocky roads (4 miscarriages, 3 sections) so, hoping that things will settle down for you now. It can be such a wonderful time for some and such a scary time for others. Anyway, because of my history I have an early 8 wk scan lined up for Friday morning, so pls God all will be well for all of us on here. Best of luck.

I'm waking up to pee most nights and tossing and turning alot in my sleep, but it has improved significantly since I came back to my own house (after being home in Cork for Xmas for 2 weeks) as we have the biggest most amazing bed ever known to mankind and a bedroom facing the back of the apartment block (gardens) so total absolute silence and total darkness as well. So basically - with optimum conditions I can sleep ok. Anything less than that and I'm sleeping terribly. Weird dreams !! I'm dreaming about why I can't sleep - headfu*ck!

I remember on my last pregnancy from the minute we found out we were expecting I did not sleep one night through... between nerves, excitement, weeing, twitchy legs and overactive brain syndrom. Towards the end himself used to sleep on the couch and I had the bed with a pillow fortress of all shapes and sizes...smelly candles.. whale music or whatever....
    This time.... hand me a bed of broken nail and glass and I would happily take it... what a difference two years makes :)

• Advertisement

Howcome no-one ever told me that early pregnancy feels like crap! Having mad dreams, I'd be a dreamer anyway (unlike OH who never remembers his dreams) but normally my dreams are about stories involving people I know. Now I'm dreaming about weird stuff like last night I dreamt I was in a wheelchair, I vividly remember wheeling along! How weird. I'm wrecked in the mornings. I'm thinking I should get more exercise, that would help me to sleep better but I wish it wasn't winter. It's not very inviting to go out for a walk in the evenings in the pitch dark and cold. And going to gym, would seem weird while pregnant?, I suppose I should just go to the gym and do something easy like walking on the treadmill.

Trying not to retch in the morning looking at things like my husband making porridge (yock!) I can eat plain stuff like toast grand. Really, really thirsty when I wake up in the morning. Craving freshly squeezed orange juice and the likes. Like a bad hangover deyhradition thirst! Then at work am having little battles about eating - I want to but I feel sick at the thought of it. Managing to eat away anyway so far! But I'm avoiding all fattening stuff, already have a few extra Christmas pounds on that I need to lose. I do not want to start showing early as I'm in a temporary contract where I could legitimately be let go at any time, 6 months without pay (apart from Statutory maternity which is now taxed!) will be hard enough without that being extended to 10 month off if my employer decides I'm not much use to them while pregnant. So want to try to stay not-fat for as long as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Lucuma just keep wearing a lot of leggings and loose dresses and they will be none the wiser. after two kids I constantly look about 3 months preg at all times! :o
    I would never ask a woman if she was expecting unless the head was crowning!.
    Actually a client of mine came to me for makeup New years eve and she was obviously pregnant wearing a tight tee so I asked her. She was only 12 weeks but pregnant with Quads!!, can you imagine? so whenever I feel ****ty I think of her, she must be having a hard time of it. She has had 4 misses in the past so please God everything goes as planned for her.
    Back to me :) I am constantly nauseous , I wake at night even feeling ill. Im not actually puking but feel like ****e all day, dull ache in my tummy . I still feel hungry though and when I eat I feel better for about 1/2 hour then back to feeling pukey again. My stomach is also huge. A bit of it is old blubber but I am slim and it is quite obvious so I have this crazy idea that the extra nausea and big belly means it could be twins.
    Has anyone told family early? I have told all my immediate family and did early on my last two kids. I cant keep my mouth shut.

tishandy wrote: »
    Lucuma just keep wearing a lot of leggings and loose dresses and they will be none the wiser. after two kids I constantly look about 3 months preg at all times! :o

Has anyone told family early? I have told all my immediate family and did early on my last two kids. I cant keep my mouth shut.

That's reassuring for me, I have 3 kids but deffo look too pregnant for just 8-9 weeks. Embarrassing. I keep thinking of those pics of Kate Middleton when she was pregnant and barely showing at 6 months.

Anyway, I had early 8 week scan friday morning and thank God, all ok so far, clear heartbeat on ultrasound, though still in the iffy zone until I hit 3 months.

I've only told my parents about pregnancy so far family wise, will try and wear baggy clothes in in-laws presence until I'm 3 months...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 21 R.P.McMurphy

Anyone else get the odd bout of stomach cramps? Suffering pretty bad morning sickness so not sure if it's just part of that!

Im on pregnancy number two 9 weeks gone as of today and id swear I look about 4/5 months gone :-( im terrified its twins.. I swear id honestly die!!!!!

On the cramps... yeah I get the odd few like period pains... or like sharp twinges..

I have noticed tho that I have a pain down my left butt cheek when I lift my leg or turn too quick in a chair which I DEFINITELY did noy get till end of last pregnancy.. doc said it was spd?? It was so bad last time I needed a kiddies toilet stool to put my shoes on etc...
    How in the name of god can I have it already... and what will I be like in three or four months!!!!

On telling family... we are telling our folks on monday. We told them at like 5 weeks last time.. bugger that :) only telling them cuz its getting harder to hide :-(

Everyone else keeping well apart from the odd twinge and cramp? ?

The shock and holy sh1t has worn off me now.. im starting to get excited again :-)

We have a family gathering at my 11 week mark so going to tell them all then. Have booked a private scan to make sure everything is ok before we tell them. Will be having my public scan the following week so bit of a waste of money but I suppose it's worth it for peace of mind.
    I'm convinced they're all on to me after a Christmas of fake drinking but really hoping to surprise them.

Feeling a bit queasy and wrecked tired every day. Have no appetite so it's a bit easier to eat healthy and hold off the weight gain for a while!
    Could do with a bit of exercise but the tiredness is a killer. Looking forward to starting at Pilates at about 15 weeks. Did it last time and found it brilliant.

Im not showing at all and i wont until im about 7 or eight months, like last time ill just look fatter bah humbug!!

Nearly everyone knows at this stage because I was having such complications and we needed help having our son minded and ferrying me back and forth to the hospital.

Anyone else peeing more than normal?

Not peeing more than normal except of course having to get up to pee in the middle of the night, argh!
    That pain crampy feeling is our wombs stretching to accomodate baba, it's like the growing pains children experience was reading about it the other day!
    My scan is just at the 12 week mark I suppose I'll tell the rest of the family then although am nervous I'll jinx myself and miscarry a few days later but shur no harm them knowing about that either I suppose..
    I'm 7wks 4 days now and 12 weeks just seems sooooo far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sowdublin

Early days yet but tested positive yesterday, due 22nd August. All going well, this will be my second baby.

Early symptoms are exactly the same as last time, the tiredness and bad heartburn out of the blue! Heartburn woke me up at 5am and I just knew I was pregnant before I took the test.

Hi all lovely ladies!

Hi to emer_b!

It is a sense of de ja vu! I remember you from due sep 2012 post! I was on the same thread too but unfortunately that pregnancy didn't work out. So did the next three. All in I had 4 miscarriages all in 1st trimester and if this works out it will be our 1st baby.

But hey! I got another Bfp on dec 11th. I'm due on 20th August. It was very hard time for DH and me last 2 yrs. This time I'm trying my best to stay positive. I'm sure few supportive words from you ladies will help me stay good as well.

Have signed up for semi private at coombe. I attended the early pregnancy unit there yesterday, saw the little one all normal. So very happy and over the moon.

I wish you all a very happy pregnancy and wonderful babies!

Cheers
    Sowjanya

Congratulations sowdublin, really hope things go well for you this time.
    There's lots of us on here due around the 20th.
    I woke up with bad stomach pain on Monday morning, went to A&E that night and had surgery this morning for appendicitis. Talk about the worst timing, never been sick before in my life and this happens when I'm 8 weeks pregnant.

Feeling awful at the moment and obviously worried about the baby. I've been assured that all drugs used are pregnancy safe but my risk of miscarriage in the next few weeks is higher.

• Advertisement

Oh my god Emerb! What a time that appendix picked to act up! Finger's crossed for you hon that it won't have any affect, hopefully you have a hardy little bean! x

Fingers are crossed hard for you Sowdublin!!!!!!!

Jesus Emer-b thats awful you poor poor thing!!! Feel better soon xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sowdublin

Jeez emer_b! Fingers crossed Hun. You'll be alright soon..

Thanks ladies, feeling so much better this evening. Will be home tmrw after a scan to check baby is ok.
    Can't help but worry with all the drugs I've been taking over the last few days, but it wasn't really an option so I'll just have to concentrate on getting better.

Hope you are all doing well!

Emer-b: I had gallstone removal surgery while I was pregnant on my son, It was an awful time all the worry and the stress was awful i totally know what its like. Hopefully the scan will put your worries at ease and you can continue on with the rest of the pregnancy worry free.

Thanks pip, lots of people have been telling me pregnancy surgery stories with happy outcomes. I'm sure I'll feel much better after the scan tomorrow.

I think im out girls :(

I started bleeding again lastnight so i went to the a&e in the Rotunda, waited for 4 hours to be seen in agony. The doctor who scanned me found the sac which measured at 8 weeks but no sign of baby. She booked me an appointment for the epu for tomorrow and said there is a chance she could be wrong.

We are just uttery devastated, i feel like this whole pregnancy has been one big cruel joke. I feel Hollow just so so sad.

ladypip wrote: »
    I think im out girls :(

I started bleeding again lastnight so i went to the a&e in the Rotunda, waited for 4 hours to be seen in agony. The doctor who scanned me found the sac which measured at 8 weeks but no sign of baby. She booked me an appointment for the epu for tomorrow and said there is a chance she could be wrong.

We are just uttery devastated, i feel like this whole pregnancy has been one big cruel joke. I feel Hollow just so so sad.

I am so sorry, I miscarried back in August, my 4th miscarriage and i totally sympathise with you. If you get the chance to rest try and take it easy.

So sorry ladypip. Sounds like there is a little bit of hope but I'm sure it's almost impossible to feel optimistic tonight.
    8 weeks pregnancy sounds like such a short time but it's all you think about for those 8 weeks, it's all consuming. No wonder you feel devastated.
    My heart goes out to you both.

• Advertisement

Thanks ladys, our appointment is at 11. im dreading it.
    Emer-b I was 11 weeks and for the last three weeks i had still thought all was well. its broken my heart.

Advertisement