Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due August 2014

• 15-12-2013 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

Early days yet but tested positive yesterday, due 22nd August. All going well, this will be my second baby.

Early symptoms are exactly the same as last time, the tiredness and bad heartburn out of the blue! Heartburn woke me up at 5am and I just knew I was pregnant before I took the test.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dreamer30

Hi, I got 3 BFP on Friday, only 11 days post ovulation but got the confirmation from the doctor yesterday. First pregnancy so very excited. No symptoms yet. Due date is August 22nd too x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Dreamer30 wrote: »
    Hi, I got 3 BFP on Friday, only 11 days post ovulation but got the confirmation from the doctor yesterday. First pregnancy so very excited. No symptoms yet. Due date is August 22nd too x

That's great news Dreamer, congratulations. Same date, cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Hi there, didn't think there'd be a thread for any of us early birds yet but thanks to OP, I found out today I'm 5 weeks along, I have 3 kids and 4 previous miscarriages so a little nervous but whatever happens, it's in God's hands.

Congratulations morebabies.
    I have just had one pregnancy, with no complications, and still can't help worrying about this one every day.
    My gp said last time that if I'm worried about miscarriage, just remember that there's an 80% chance that everything will be just fine. I try to keep that in mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

I'm also jumping on board, due 17th August.
    Still getting my head around it. Not expected.
    2nd pregnancy, daughter is 20 months.
    I'm already exhausted at the thoughts of two kids :)
    Congrats to all

• Advertisement

Congratulations static. My daughter is 15 months so it'll be fun times ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

Congrats all :) Im an august 2005 & 2013 mammy,doesnt seem that long ago i was posting here to say i was pregnant good luck all x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Hi ladies, got a BFP on 18th Dec and according to GP my due date is 1st Sept but according to some websites it's 27th August (I have a 23 day cycle, for some reason that seems to be taken into account!) but no Sept thread yet so I'll hop on this one!

Trying to conceive for 1 year and both hubby & self had been diagnosed has having serious fertility issues, went on a nutrition plan and put alot of effort into the timing and hey presto, miraculously this happened, just before Xmas!

Because of our situation the GP has put me on a progesterone supplement for the first 12 weeks, it's a pessary though and a bit difficult to manage, hope I'm doing it right!

I can't take the smile off my face and am walking around on a total cloud since I found out. This is it for me, the pinnacle of happines, the feeling I've been waiting for all my life! :):):)

Lucuma wrote: »
    Hi ladies, got a BFP on 18th Dec and according to GP my due date is 1st Sept but according to some websites it's 27th August (I have a 23 day cycle, for some reason that seems to be taken into account!) but no Sept thread yet so I'll hop on this one!

Trying to conceive for 1 year and both hubby & self had been diagnosed has having serious fertility issues, went on a nutrition plan and put alot of effort into the timing and hey presto, miraculously this happened, just before Xmas!

Because of our situation the GP has put me on a progesterone supplement for the first 12 weeks, it's a pessary though and a bit difficult to manage, hope I'm doing it right!

I can't take the smile off my face and am walking around on a total cloud since I found out. This is it for me, the pinnacle of happines, the feeling I've been waiting for all my life! :):):)

Congratulations, that's a very difficult journey you've been on, I can't imagine how excited you must be. Please God all will go well for you and we (and our babies) will all remain on this journey for the next 9 months in great health.

Oh the tiredness has hit. About 5pm I get a wave of tiredness and struggle to stay awake. Fell asleep on the floor yesterday while playing with my daughter!
    I remember this lasted about 2/3 weeks the last time. No appetite either. My normal chocolate cravings are gone, just as well with all the chocolate that's around at the moment!
    How's everyone else doing?

• Advertisement

emer_b wrote: »
    Oh the tiredness has hit. About 5pm I get a wave of tiredness and struggle to stay awake. Fell asleep on the floor yesterday while playing with my daughter!
    I remember this lasted about 2/3 weeks the last time. No appetite either. My normal chocolate cravings are gone, just as well with all the chocolate that's around at the moment!
    How's everyone else doing?

Not able to spring out of bed in the morning, feeling a little bit more creaky than usual, and also getting bouts of severe sleepiness mid afternoon. All good signs though hardly any nausea yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Oh the nausea :( woke at 5am feeling rotten... I don't remember ever being woken up by a sick feeling last time.
    It was always, get up, eat, brush teeth,puke, brush teeth, go to work...
    I hope I'm not Gunna be super sick this time round :(
    happy Xmas to all the "augusteers" :)

Yeah I tried my favourite Butler's cookie hot Choc there on Sat & had little or no meas in it, threw half of it away, unheard of!
    Finally figures out the progesterone pessary (little bullet of cream) after most of it came back out the first 3 days :-( You have to put it in just before bed! Then gravity isn't working against you. Since I started doing that I can really feel the affect -razor hot/tender boobs! Please god it'll help the sticky bean to stick.
    Happy Christmas everyone !

Hi all x ill be 6 weeks on Friday, no real symptoms apart from sore boobs. Maybe they'll kick off in another week or 2. Have booked into Mount Carmel for an 8 week scan.

It's official, Christmas without the drink is just Not the same!! Anyone else finding it a wee bit tiresome without the nice wine, hot ports etc?

Anyone any idea where in Cork you could book an early scan? (I'll be going private if this all lasts but I believe first scan is still only at 12 weeks )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

It's official, Christmas without the drink is just Not the same!! Anyone else finding it a wee bit tiresome without the nice wine, hot ports etc?

Anyone any idea where in Cork you could book an early scan? (I'll be going private if this all lasts but I believe first scan is still only at 12 weeks )

http://www.babyscan.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I went private in Cork with Dan McKenna. My first scan was at 8 weeks. If you have booked with a consultant already maybe check whether they do the same. Otherwise I think you can pay for a scan in Dr Mckennas rooms(across from Cumh) even if you are not a patient of his.

Oh and if you haven't booked with a consultant try to do it asap. In my innocence I tried to book with a particular one when I was a little over 6 weeks and was told she was booked out and so were most of the other doctors that worked in the same place. I'm glad as it happens because I found Dr McKenna to be fantastic.

Thanks January! They look good, they'll do an 8 week scan for 99 euro.

Rosey, the consultants I'm looking at choosing between are: Dan McKenna, Keelin O'Donoghue, Louise Kenny, Mairead O'Riordan or Prof Greene.

My GP said the days of them being booked out are gone now as since the recession there's so few going private? How long ago was that, that it happened to you?

That's good to know, before I go paying for a scan I'll see if the consultant will let me have an 8 week one thrown in for the price.

But before all that I need to get word back from teh blood tests I did last week that the Hcg rose between Friday and Monday, gulp :(
    Those results, please God, tomorrow - otherwise I have the whole weekend waiting and not knowing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Thanks January! They look good, they'll do an 8 week scan for 99 euro.

Rosey, the consultants I'm looking at choosing between are: Dan McKenna, Keelin O'Donoghue, Louise Kenny, Mairead O'Riordan or Prof Greene.

My GP said the days of them being booked out are gone now as since the recession there's so few going private? How long ago was that, that it happened to you?

That's good to know, before I go paying for a scan I'll see if the consultant will let me have an 8 week one thrown in for the price.

But before all that I need to get word back from teh blood tests I did last week that the Hcg rose between Friday and Monday, gulp :(
    Those results, please God, tomorrow - otherwise I have the whole weekend waiting and not knowing

Best of luck with it Lucuma. I too know what it's like to be waiting on those test results. My baby is 7 weeks old. I tried to book Louise Kenny or Keelin O Donoughue back in March. I was completely out of luck. If I had been a previous patient of Louise Kenny I got the impression they would have squeezed me in. I've heard great feedback about her and Keelin o Donoughue. As I say though, I found Dan McKenna to be fantastic. His midwife does the reassurance scan and your history at 8/9 weeks. Providing there are no problems then you see Dr Mckenna at 12 weeks, 16 weeks, 20 weeks and there is a 3D scan around 24 weeks. Think it's every 4 weeks then until later in the pregnancy. It was different for me though as I had some issues around 30 weeks and ended up needing a lot of extra visits, the care I received was second to none. He was lovely and calm and reassuring during the delivery too. I'd definitely go back to him.

Hi all, please tell me to stop googling pregnancy health things, they're scary.

I haven't seen my GP yet because his Christmas hours were all over the place, but from my dates I know I'm just gone 6 weeks now. I have every symptom from nausea to spot breakout to extreme tiredness which is great, but 4 previous miscarriages and 3 previous C-section deliveries do not make for good Google reading. :-(

• Advertisement

Roesy wrote: »
    Best of luck with it Lucuma. I too know what it's like to be waiting on those test results. My baby is 7 weeks old. I tried to book Louise Kenny or Keelin O Donoughue back in March. I was completely out of luck. If I had been a previous patient of Louise Kenny I got the impression they would have squeezed me in. I've heard great feedback about her and Keelin o Donoughue. As I say though, I found Dan McKenna to be fantastic. His midwife does the reassurance scan and your history at 8/9 weeks. Providing there are no problems then you see Dr Mckenna at 12 weeks, 16 weeks, 20 weeks and there is a 3D scan around 24 weeks. Think it's every 4 weeks then until later in the pregnancy. It was different for me though as I had some issues around 30 weeks and ended up needing a lot of extra visits, the care I received was second to none. He was lovely and calm and reassuring during the delivery too. I'd definitely go back to him.

Thanks Rosey for all your advice and Congratulations on the new arrival! It sounds like you had a rough enough ride so you must be so happy to have your happy ending :-)

I have to choose a consultant now, going to ring the office and see what days they do their clinics on and also see if the secretary will tell me which of them has space for a new patient!

Good news, got the Hcg results back anyway, it increased from one hundred and something last Fri to 8 hundred and something last Monday so she said all good, and all as it should be, phew!! I was kind of expecting bad news, coz I have no symptoms which is weird. Oh well, I suppose I should be glad not to be nauseous etc! Still it's a little unnerving not having any symptoms (except for tender boobs but I think that's from the Progesterone supplement).

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deecee1

Hi Lacuma

http://corkmotherandbabyscans.ie

I went to the clinic above it's Dr. Mckennas rooms accross from the CUMH for an early scan it was 80 euro, midwife was lovely. Was really reassuring for us at the time, I was 7 weeks pregnant and it was 5 days before our wedding, so we just wanted to make sure everything was okay before our honeymoon. You also don't need a g.p. referral just give them a buzz and they'll organise it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭lau1247

Hi all,

Congrats on your good news.

My missus and i are expecting in august too..

Symptoms are like what most have described here:
    - tiredness but difficult to have a full 8 hr sleep due to cramps she's been getting
    - spots breaking out
    - tired from climbing stairs/ walking
    - turns off most pretty much all foods (this is the worst part :()
    - throwing up, nearly after every meal
    - sore/tender breast

Looks like she got the whole works, this will be fun first time experience. Any tips for helping her along with the symptoms?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Congratulations lau. Sorry don't really have any good tips for your partner, other than try and fit in a nap during the day if possible. Thankfully I haven't experienced sickness, but I did find grated ginger in hot water helped a little for nausea.

I was staying with the in laws over Christmas. Found it difficult to sleep in a strange bed, couldn't really be heading off for naps all the time, and trying to avoid drinking was a nightmare! Glad to be home. I have 3 big family events in the next month, at which I would normally be having a few tipples, I'm sure they'll all have guessed by 12weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭lau1247

emer_b wrote: »
    Congratulations lau. Sorry don't really have any good tips for your partner, other than try and fit in a nap during the day if possible. Thankfully I haven't experienced sickness, but I did find grated ginger in hot water helped a little for nausea.

I was staying with the in laws over Christmas. Found it difficult to sleep in a strange bed, couldn't really be heading off for naps all the time, and trying to avoid drinking was a nightmare! Glad to be home. I have 3 big family events in the next month, at which I would normally be having a few tipples, I'm sure they'll all have guessed by 12weeks!

Ok will give the ginger a try, hopefully it helps easing the condition

Luckily drinking is not really a problem as we don't really drink normally anyway, phew

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

lau1247 wrote: »

Luckily drinking is not really a problem as we don't really drink normally anyway, phew

Your wife is lucky! I've managed to pull off my Xmas night out with the girls on the non-alcoholic beer and no-one noticed - result! I just bought my own beer, and transferred it from the bottle into a pint glass at the bar. Had one REALLY awkward moment at my cousin's house on Steven's day though, my cousin presented me with a dish of his and his wife's home-made liver pate....and was like 'this is our special Christmas dish that we made, you get to be the first to taste it!' and they have it every Xmas and he's seen me eat it before so I couldn't say I didn't fancy it, he sat across from me and poured crackers on a plate, pushed the pate to me and said 'here you go'. I was like a cornered rat. Didn't know what to do.....so I made a big deal of pasting some on a cracker, then another cracker, then sandwiched them together. Then he was moving around so I grabbed 2 crackers and put them together in a ''fake'' sandwich and started eating that saying ''Ohh, yum! It's delicious!' and ate all that in front of him, then went walkabout with the cracker sandwich that actually had the pate in it, snuck out wrapped it in tissue and hid it in my coat pocket! Phew!

Hi all, due August 21st all going well. Anyone else going for an early scan? This is my first and I'm quite nervous. Have booked for a private 8 week scan on January 11th but the thoughts of having to be this nervous for another 2 weeks is tough. Does anyone else keep testing even though they have BFP? I do, I feel like it gives me some reassurance. If the baba has stopped growing would I still get a BFP? Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Hi everyone. Just found out today , I think I'm due around 31st August. Already have two daughters , 8yrs and 16 months. Big shock today. We just went and bought a new buggy for the toddler and I when I did the positive test I was going to return it but feck it, I need a comfy buggy for the next few months :) so I think I will crack open the box !

Dreamer30 wrote: »
    Hi all, due August 21st all going well. Anyone else going for an early scan? This is my first and I'm quite nervous. Have booked for a private 8 week scan on January 11th but the thoughts of having to be this nervous for another 2 weeks is tough. Does anyone else keep testing even though they have BFP? I do, I feel like it gives me some reassurance. If the baba has stopped growing would I still get a BFP? Thanks all

Dreamer I'm in the same boat, first timer as well. I read before that after you have a miscarriage you will still test +ve on preg tests for a few days after so tbh I think it might be pointless to keep doing the tests, but if they're cheapies and it makes you feel better why not I suppose!

I have made a decision to chill out.
    there's no point being stressed and anxious about it. Why not just assume everything is going to be fine unless there's a reason to think otherwise? Happy mamma = happy bean :-)

Other than avoiding the things we're supposed to avoid and taking the things we're supposed to take we can't control what happens anyway so we just have to trust that our bodies will provide and mother nature will favour us !

• Advertisement

Roesy wrote: »
    Best of luck with it Lucuma. I too know what it's like to be waiting on those test results. My baby is 7 weeks old. I tried to book Louise Kenny or Keelin O Donoughue back in March. I was completely out of luck. If I had been a previous patient of Louise Kenny I got the impression they would have squeezed me in. I've heard great feedback about her and Keelin o Donoughue. As I say though, I found Dan McKenna to be fantastic.

Booked in with Louise Kenny anyway. First scan at 12 weeks. Fingers crossed til then

Advertisement