Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[MOTU] alien abductions in ireland

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm fairly sure that was a typo of 'marks', referring to the claimed marks on the abducted's body.

Lol, probably so. Even still, my point remains in that I find it odd that a lot of society will accept belief in such things, yet dismiss other possibilities like ET's right off the bat...then go back to praying to an omnipotent being or beings so that their everlasting soul will be granted passage to paradise after death. The world is a strange place :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Spiritiser wrote: »
    In my opinion anyone who belives in alien abduction has mental issues. The reason they will not tell people is not fear of ridicule, it is because they know deep down they are not real experiences. If they fully believed in the experience they would not care about ridicule

Define 'real experience'

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Spiritiser

lolo62 wrote: »
    Define 'real experience'
    No matter how you define it anyone who thinks they are being abducted is deluded. Note I did say in my opinion and this is also my opinion

No matter how you define it anyone who thinks they are being abducted is deluded. Note I did say in my opinion and this is also my opinion

Why are they deluded in your opinion?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Why are they deluded in your opinion?
    because they are not being abducted by aliens. And i do not know what they are going through. Nor do i have an opinion on it. only that in my opinon it is not abduction by aliens

In relation to someone mentioning arks, i do not know about that. The person said there were marks on their body I do not know what sort of marks, bruises i think they meant

• Advertisement

because they are not being abducted by aliens. And i do not know what they are going through. Nor do i have an opinion on it. only that in my opinon it is not abduction by aliens

Curious, the first line of your post reads like a statement of fact...then the last line says it's your opinion. You're completely entitled to your opinion of course, but may I ask why you flat out don't believe these claims? Is it just an irrational denial on your part? Or are there specific reasons which make you feel it's not something you believe in?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Curious, the first line of your post reads like a statement of fact...then the last line says it's your opinion. You're completely entitled to your opinion of course, but may I ask why you flat out don't believe these claims? Is it just an irrational denial on your part? Or are there specific reasons which make you feel it's not something you believe in?
    why would you call lack of belief irrational? that seems an irrational thing to do to me. Anyway i do not want to get into the debate i do not have time or interest. Just originally posted to say i did know of someone who claimed to have been abducted. i uderstood that was what the thread had been about, the clue is in the title

why would you call lack of belief irrational?

It's not because you don't believe in the claims that's irrational, it's that you're making statements of fact with absolutely no supporting evidence or even reasoning why you don't believe them.
    Anyway i do not want to get into the debate i do not have time or interest.

Fair enough, seems a bit odd to post on a discussion forum if you don't have the interest in talking about your posts though.
    Just originally posted to say i did know of someone who claimed to have been abducted. i uderstood that was what the thread had been about, the clue is in the title

Yes that is what the thread is about, but again, it's a discussion forum, discussion happens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

ah crap. aliens must definitely not exist then because Spiritiser says so. damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

maccored wrote: »
    ah crap. aliens must definitely not exist then because Spiritiser says so. damn.

also means transpermia cant ever have happened

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

also means transpermia cant ever have happened

Ahem... panspermia...

are ye sure? i heard it referred to as that meaning comets and meteors bringing water and microbial life to earth from the great beyond. Then again i might have misheard it..

looked it up, they both mean the same thing, i guess it's a regional difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

I was abducted by aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

feargale wrote: »
    I was abducted by aliens.

and no surprise they gave you back,great post......you do go into detail a bit too much though:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

You can't see the sky in Ireland hence fewer UFOs and aliens!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

are ye sure? i heard it referred to as that meaning comets and meteors bringing water and microbial life to earth from the great beyond.

Yeah you could have a point there, my bad :o

both words mean the same thing, we both learned something from that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

aliens and ufos are REAL..... wake up people

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

bangkok wrote: »
    aliens and ufos are REAL..... wake up people

Have a read of the charter before posting here again please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Have a read of the charter before posting here again please.

I don't understand? did I say something wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

Dulce base is a good starting point

that's not in Ireland though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Only noticed this board under the paranormal section now, not paying attention :rolleyes:. There are numerous reports of close encounters of all levels every year withing Ireland, just because most Irish people don't go running to the papers or news channels looking to make some money on TV interviews or a book deal doesn't mean they don't happen.

I'm not saying that there isn't earthly explanations just that these type of experiences do get reported within Ireland.

Sleep Paralysis is a theory, but unfortunately Science cannot explain why people all over the world are seeing the same face. I heard a theory that people are reverting back to childhood and seeing their doctors face as they are being delivered, the Big eyes the mouth or lack there of, due to the face mask.

Its one of those things that people are very happy to let Sleep Paralysis be the answer because its a scary effin thought that you can just be taken like that and there is nothing you can do. I suffer from SP myself. Have never seen a thing. I am very comfortable with it too and have even tried to imagin something during an episode.

As for Ireland, UFO sightings are very low.

Sleep Paralysis is a theory, but unfortunately Science cannot explain why people all over the world are seeing the same face.

There are different 'trends' in sleep paralysis though...some people see a shadow in the corner of the room, some people feel blowing in their ear, some people feel pressure on their chest, some people have other types of visual distortions. It seems to be a shared hallucinatory experience (and a damn scary sleep disorder to have), & as such, perhaps this abduction scenario is another of these trends?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 aob9

My own particular form of sleep paralysis involves being lifted from my bed ( or elsewhere) and hurled to the ceiling. I'm often flung at walls or violently swung around the room. The "demon" is invisible to me, like a poltergeist. Scary, but once I manage to wake myself up I lose the fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

aob9 wrote: »
    My own particular form of sleep paralysis involves being lifted from my bed ( or elsewhere) and hurled to the ceiling. I'm often flung at walls or violently swung around the room. The "demon" is invisible to me, like a poltergeist. Scary, but once I manage to wake myself up I lose the fear.

Are you sure it's not a portergeist? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 AnthonyGiarrusso
    Executive Motivational Speaker, Paranormal Lecturer, Sales Professional, Author, & Beach Traveler

Ireland just has a smaller population with less people available for aliens and non-aliens to abduct.

Advertisement