Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due December 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Excited!

Fairie wrote: »
    Hi Excited

Sorry only replying to you now. Scan went great baba is due 10th December :) how are you feeling? My lovely ms is still here and the tiredness has really kicked in (dd is teething which isn't helping with the sleeping) but other than that all good!:)

Thats fantastic Fairie! I bet it was just great seeing your little one on the screen. Im feeling ok thanks other than being really tiread and nauseous from time to time. Are you actually being sick or just feeling sick?? Hope your little girl gets some relief with her teething soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hbelle

Congrats afternoon tea... Welcome to the thread...

I agree with excited, the waiting for the scan is cruel and + you can't talk to anyone about it until then really.. There is a reason for this of course.. I'm now having to make the most random excuses for not going to things...will be hard now again with long weekend coming up, as we'd always go out on the bank holiday Sunday night....I have so many plans now if I'm asked to something - when I have no plans at all!!!... 1st trimester is probably the worst in that sense as it's so early and there a lot of unanswered questions and worrys...I'll be so glad too when I'll see a heart beat on our scan please god.

Anyway was off work today and had a nice relaxing day... Hope you all had a good day too...

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Hi Excited

Sorry only replying to you now. Scan went great baba is due 10th December :) how are you feeling? My lovely ms is still here and the tiredness has really kicked in (dd is teething which isn't helping with the sleeping) but other than that all good!:)

Hi Fairie,

I am due on the 9th so we are pretty close and my early scan is on Wednesday. So excited!! Could you see anything on the scan. How did it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cynthia12

Hi Guys,

Just to say hello, Sorry havn't been on in a while, all good so far..

thanks for advice/replies to my question - I'll post properly later in week,

Welcome newbies and congratulations..

Cynthia

Hbelle wrote: »
    Congrats afternoon tea... Welcome to the thread...

I agree with excited, the waiting for the scan is cruel and + you can't talk to anyone about it until then really.. There is a reason for this of course.. I'm now having to make the most random excuses for not going to things...will be hard now again with long weekend coming up, as we'd always go out on the bank holiday Sunday night....I have so many plans now if I'm asked to something - when I have no plans at all!!!... 1st trimester is probably the worst in that sense as it's so early and there a lot of unanswered questions and worrys...I'll be so glad too when I'll see a heart beat on our scan please god.

Anyway was off work today and had a nice relaxing day... Hope you all had a good day too...

Hi Hbelle,

I totally understand what you mean about having to make up excuses not to go here or there or do this or that. Im stuck for the weekend after next though I have to go on a hen night :( Its actually the last thing i want to do now im so tired trying to get through a normal day but i cant avoid it as its quite close family and i have to drive the hen an pals to the flippn thing which is my idea of a nightmare heading off on a few hrs drive as i have a 2hr long commute to work everyday anyway which is a struggle in itself at the min, Its well known i like my glass of red wine so i dont know how im going to get away with it, ill either try bring a bottle of non alco wine but id just rather not have the hassle so im probably going to go with anti biotics or something....im hoping ill be able to sneak away to bed reasonably early without being noticed but the chances are slim id say :( cant wait for it to be over! which i feel bad for saying but im too tired!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

Excited! wrote: »
    Thats fantastic Fairie! I bet it was just great seeing your little one on the screen. Im feeling ok thanks other than being really tiread and nauseous from time to time. Are you actually being sick or just feeling sick?? Hope your little girl gets some relief with her teething soon :)

It was great to see, now it just needs to sink in that baby number two is on the way! The tiredness is horrible but your energy does come back by about week 12 or 13, in the meantime sleep when you can and relax it's well deserved! :)
    Yep unfortunately I'm actually being sick :( hopefully it will ease up soon, my sister was the same on her second by week 11 it was gone I hope I'm the same! Dd is a little happier today with this teething she might sleep a bit better tonight:)

closifer wrote: »
    Hi Fairie,

I am due on the 9th so we are pretty close and my early scan is on Wednesday. So excited!! Could you see anything on the scan. How did it go?

Hi closifer
    We are very close with our dates.
    Oh I'd say you can't wait for your scan, it really is so exciting :) my scan went great got to see baby and heartbeat. Baby kind of looks like a kidney bean with little arms and legs just starting to grow!! Happy scan day for u on Wednesday it's such an amazing moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭carlows

Hi Everyone & welcome new posters!

I've been having a fairly crap few days with sickness. Have to try and eat on the hour every hour or i'll be sick. I work in a small office so will prob have to tell my manager next week cuz i don't think i'll be able to hide it for much longer. I'd love to wait till i'm over 12 weeks. I've noticed i've quite a bump aswell, anyone else noticed this?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Congratulations to the newbies :) we're getting quite a group now :)

carlows wrote: »

I've been having a fairly crap few days with sickness. Have to try and eat on the hour every hour or i'll be sick. I work in a small office so will prob have to tell my manager next week cuz i don't think i'll be able to hide it for much longer. I'd love to wait till i'm over 12 weeks. I've noticed i've quite a bump aswell, anyone else noticed this?

Hi Carlows, that's crap, poor you :( It's so tough feeling so bad but not being able to tell anyone about it. Your manager will have to keep it confidential so it's probably a good idea to tell her/him as soon as you feel ready. I told my course co-ordinator as I was quite sick and tired and miserable, missed a week of college when I found out due to shock and the need for a scan due to the pain. They were really understanding and have been so helpful about time off and allowing me to go home when I have no coursework to do (its a fetac college so quite strict on attendance and stuff)

I feel as if I am getting a bump but i've been told its common to think that really early on your first. I know that if I need to go to the loo and have been holding it in my stomach gets all round and hard. Also have noticed that my waist is getting a bit thicker than normal, I'm nine weeks now ... three more weeks until 12 week scan, I can't wait!

Does anyone know if you get a picture on your 12 week scan or is it on a later scan? Also, does anyone intend on finding out the sex? My mother has said she does'nt want to know the sex if I do find out, which has kind of annoyed me. Must be the hormones!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

Excited! wrote: »
    Hi Afternoon tea,

Yeah this is my first and its just so surreal, Im so excited about it but trying to keep myself in check for another few weeks, Im 7 weeks now and just found out 2 weeks ago and time seems to be going so slow...because i just want to be at 13 or 14 weeks...although illl be happy when i see my little peanut's heartbeat at my scan at week 10.

Yeah i've been haveing symptoms like severe tiredness was the first thing and is still here, Boobs are the very same as yours very tender and then when i take off my bra i get a shock coz its just so sore i have to hols them too! Im eating alot of bland things that ive never had much interest in before like cream crackers, plain bread, i actually had just noodles without any sauce or taste etc today. Im not nauseous everyday or even to a pattern, a couple of days ive been nauseous first thing when i wake and have to run and brush my teeth or it'll set me off but i havent actually been physically sick yet....have you??? Ive also had this yucky feeling in the bottom of my tummy similar to before i got my period but i read that this can be due to the extra blood flow to the area so that kept me happy about that.

This might sound crazy but i like having symptoms because it reminds me that its real, because i still quite cant believe its happened. I just cant wait to have my little baby in my arms!! I have no patience!

I can understand you wanting to move the scan forward to know everything is ok, i just made mine for week 10 coz the doctor told me to wait til then, i didnt realise you could have it done as early as 6.

Yes just think its so good to be able to talk to othwe women here, im trying to convince my hubby to chat to other dads to be in the fathers thread but it doesnt seem to be as active as this but i think its good for them also to be able to share

Hi Excited,

Yeah I hear ya on the tiredness - feel like I'm exhausted all day at the moment, I had a nap as soon as I got in from work last night - funny how baby must be zapping any energy we have! I bought those wrist sea-sickness bands to help for the nausea from Boots yesterday but I don't notice any difference! Hard to wear them in work also - they look like huge sweatbands and am paraoid someone will ask what they are for! Have also had period like cramps but when I mentioned it to the doc she said this was normal and it's due to things stretching and moving down there!

About the scan, the doc said to have it in week 9 'to have good pics' but I'm not really fussed about the photos, I just want to know it's growing ok! I have it booked for next week now - hope it's not too early!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Hi everyone, firstly congrats to everyone :D Just a quick question, do most people get an early scan? As this is our first, not really in the know and cant really ask any friends/family about it for obvious reasons :). My girlfirend is around 9 weeks at this stage and the date for the first scan is the 28th of May. Also what can we expect at this scan!

Thanks alot.

fima wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you get a picture on your 12 week scan or is it on a later scan? Also, does anyone intend on finding out the sex? My mother has said she does'nt want to know the sex if I do find out, which has kind of annoyed me. Must be the hormones!

Hi fima,
    With dd I only got a picture on my 12 week scan but I would presume this would be the same in all hospitals? If they don't give you one just ask they print a couple for your file anyways :)
    I won't be finding out the sex didn't on dd either really wanted to but was delighted in the end that I didn't and got an even bigger surprise when she was born as I was convinced I was having a boy!!

wazzer1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, firstly congrats to everyone :D Just a quick question, do most people get an early scan? As this is our first, not really in the know and cant really ask any friends/family about it for obvious reasons :). My girlfirend is around 9 weeks at this stage and the date for the first scan is the 28th of May. Also what can we expect at this scan!

Thanks alot.

Hi wazzer1,
    Congratulations to you and your girlfriend. Alot of people would get a private early scan just to make sure everything is ok and because they are too excited to wait for hospital scan which can be between 12 and 16 weeks! At a private scan they will explain everything you see on the screen and give you the EDD. Same at hospital scan but your girlfriend may also have her booking appointment that day where the nurse will go through basic personal details and medical history and take bloods. Have any questions ready as time with nurse and doctor usually only a couple of minutes (booking appointment will be the longest out of them all) and get there early they do have alot of appointments the one day. Hth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Thanks Fairie, thats a great help :)

Have any questions ready as time with nurse and doctor usually only a couple of minutes (booking appointment will be the longest out of them all) and get there early they do have alot of appointments the one day. Hth :)

Hi all,

Hope everyone is feeling well :)

Just about questions to ask at the first scan, i seem to be forgetting everything very easily lately so i know im going to have to write any questions i have down or i wont remember any of them when the time comes! But apart from asking the obvious things like due date etc what other things do people ask???

Hi Everyone & welcome new posters!

Hi Carlows

It's so hard trying to hide it when you feel so sick isn't it! I was thinking of telling someone in work yesterday as we have to move quite heavy items at this time of year in work and I was having a panic about it! Did you decide to tell your manager? I have noticed a little bump but I'm not sure if it is just bloatedness? Then again my other half has noticed a little something too - maybe it's just psychological! My boobs are getting noticeably bigger though!!

Excited -
    A hen sounds like hard work when you are feeling like this. I have just realised I have Beyonce tickets booked for a couple of weeks and am wondering whether to go now - no drinking and standing for hours on end whilst feeling sick doesn't seem that appealing anymore!!! Although I think I will have to tell a friend I'm going with if I do decide to go.

Hi Afternoon Tea,

I've just said it to my manager about taking this Friday off. I'm going to make an appointment with my GP and prob tell my manager next week. I work Mon-Fri and i am absolutely wrecked. The sickness is killing me!
    I've just realised i've Bon Jovi tickets for Slane-don't know if i fancy it now!

I've told my parents our news and will prob tell my mother and father in-law at the weekend. I also told our 7 year old son as he's seen me sick in the mornings. He is soooooooooo excited :-)
    Have you told anyone yet?

Hi Carlows

Aw bet that was lovely telling your son the news! so lovely! I have told my mum,dad and sister so far and partner has told his brother and that's it! I am thinking of telling couple of friends at the weekend but then I think, I can do another week, and another week, until it gets to 12 but I don't know if I can! How many weeks are you?

Hi ladies. I hope everyone is feeling okay this evening.

I had my early scan today! It was quick enough - it only lasted about 10 minutes but it provided me with a tonne of reassurance so it was worth every penny!

I did have some serious last minute nerves that everything wouldnt be okay or that even after 4 home pregnancy tests, a doctors visit, and a month of severe nausea that I had somehow hallucinated the whole thing!

We saw the heartbeat and kind of a baby - though it just looked like a peanut really :) We got photos and the heart beat and size of the baby is perfectly normal. Plus our due date is a couple of days earlier than expected. We were given the 5th December as our date. It feels so much more real now and I have started telling close friends as a result.

So happy, excited and relieved!

I had my early scan today! It was quick enough - it only lasted about 10 minutes but it provided me with a tonne of reassurance so it was worth every penny!

I did have some serious last minute nerves that everything wouldnt be okay or that even after 4 home pregnancy tests, a doctors visit, and a month of severe nausea that I had somehow hallucinated the whole thing!

We saw the heartbeat and kind of a baby - though it just looked like a peanut really :) We got photos and the heart beat and size of the baby is perfectly normal. Plus our due date is a couple of days earlier than expected. We were given the 5th December as our date. It feels so much more real now and I have started telling close friends as a result.

Congratulations on the scan Closifer!! It must be so exciting to see it and hear the heartbeat! How many weeks are you now if you don't mind me asking?
    I can totally understand your nerves-I know I'll b exactly the same,I'm a bit of a worrier. I told my Gramps the news last night and afterwards spent the evening worrying we've told too many people!

• Advertisement

Congratulations on the scan Closifer!! It must be so exciting to see it and hear the heartbeat! How many weeks are you now if you don't mind me asking?

I can totally understand your nerves-I know I'll b exactly the same,I'm a bit of a worrier. I told my Gramps the news last night and afterwards spent the evening worrying we've told too many people!

Congrats again and enjoy looking at your scan pics!! :)

Hi Carlows

Aw bet that was lovely telling your son the news! so lovely! I have told my mum,dad and sister so far and partner has told his brother and that's it! I am thinking of telling couple of friends at the weekend but then I think, I can do another week, and another week, until it gets to 12 but I don't know if I can! How many weeks are you?

I'm just about 7 weeks. The weeks are feeling like months!! My due date is 21st December. Anyone else around X-mas week?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭beltzar

I'm just about 7 weeks. The weeks are feeling like months!! My due date is 21st December. Anyone else around X-mas week?

According to the doc I am due the 11th of Dec but I reckon I am due a week or 2 later - working off my dates:P So I reckon I'll be over the Christmas.

Feeling so God Damn nauseous the past few weeks. I hope this ends soon!

Looking up au pairs online-just sussing it out. Anyone else thought of going down this route? We'll both be working f/t after my maternity leave

Doc gave 18th Dec but will see what the scan says next week!Lovely little Christmas present for us :) I know, never have weeks gone soooo slllooowly! Made even harder in fact that we can't tell people either!!!

Congrats again and enjoy looking at your scan pics!! :)

I'm 9 weeks today! It feels so real now. I cant wait to start buying prams and moses baskets :)

I'm 9 weeks today! It feels so real now. I cant wait to start buying prams and moses baskets :)

Oh wow! When do you start buying things like that? I actually don't have a clue of the things we need to buy! I think I'll buy myself a baby book around 12 weeks and start reading up!!!

Oh wow! When do you start buying things like that? I actually don't have a clue of the things we need to buy! I think I'll buy myself a baby book around 12 weeks and start reading up!!!

I have no idea when you should start but I dont think I can hold out much longer! Ive already picked out the pram and its red so it wont matter about the sex.

I did buy a book online called The Pregnancy Bible. I got it second hand on play.com for 4 euro including delivery! Its great actually - a big hard back book full of info. Very useful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Yay! I'm 9 and a half weeks :) I have my wish list all set upon mothercare. Picked out a pram, cot, changing unit and baby sling. Not buying anything until after twenty weeks but am already saving up :)

fima wrote: »
    Yay! I'm 9 and a half weeks :) I have my wish list all set upon mothercare. Picked out a pram, cot, changing unit and baby sling. Not buying anything until after twenty weeks but am already saving up :)

I'm the exact same as you fima! Though I am finding that buying things like prams is SO much more complicated than I would have ever imagined!

• Advertisement

I have no idea when you should start but I dont think I can hold out much longer! Ive already picked out the pram and its red so it wont matter about the sex.

I did buy a book online called The Pregnancy Bible. I got it second hand on play.com for 4 euro including delivery! Its great actually - a big hard back book full of info. Very useful :)

Oh I'll keep that in mind when I'm looking at books! We are going to look at prams etc at the weekend just to see how much they are but we have just bought a house this week so it's now dawning on me how much I'm going to have to save!!!!

On another note, can I ask - I had a mega craving for dry roasted peanuts last night and gave in and ate them - have others on here been eating peanuts? I heard we should avoid in case we give baby a nut allergy!
    And also what about baths? I love boiling hot baths but read we shouldn't have too hot a bath so I have had two warm baths so far but couldn't relax when I was in there at all out of worry!! what do others think? Are there things that you are avoiding??

Advertisement