Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW CAddy Engine Sump replacement

• 16-05-2014 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi there,

I need to replace an engine sump on a 2007 Caddy, I had asked a local parts shop to get me one, he said that he could not get a spurious engine sump for me as it had to be gotten from the main dealer, the price difference is huge. I was thinking of maybe a breakers yard? any thoughts? or shoudl I just bite teh bullet.

Basicly I had a little accident that created a hole in the engine sump, not a big one mind you but still a hole.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bargainbucket

Ye breakers yard is the way t go but I did here about people getting them welded before just another option if you have no luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭kaiserrussel

Thanks Bargain bucket, am having no luck so far, seems that in the breakers yards these are nearly one of the first things to get broken when being removed with a forklift

Maybe try these they have a next day turn around (www.dre.ie) even too get a price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meso Harney

Haven't a number but have you tried German Auto Parts, Killarney Rd., Bray, Co. Wicklow? I've bursted too many sumps on VAG cars, and any alloy 1.9tdi has cost me €80 approx from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meso Harney

(01) 286 0155 They may mail order, don't know:)

• Advertisement

Hi there,

I need to replace an engine sump on a 2007 Caddy, I had asked a local parts shop to get me one, he said that he could not get a spurious engine sump for me as it had to be gotten from the main dealer, the price difference is huge. I was thinking of maybe a breakers yard? any thoughts? or shoudl I just bite teh bullet.

Basicly I had a little accident that created a hole in the engine sump, not a big one mind you but still a hole.

Did you get sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Chemical metal, GSF if nearby or Ebay uk with parcelmotel and finally main dealers would be the way forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Try getting it welded up

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭kaiserrussel

Did you get sorted :)

yep I ended up getting it welded, seems to be working fine again

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,606 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Advertisement
Advertisement