Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Going through a divorce - this is awful

• 05-03-2015 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Long and very painful story short, after a year of misery, I finally told my husband that our marriage is over and he needed to leave the house. Among some other fairly awful things, he had been cheating on me and had been given several chances to stop and make things better, but he barely ever seemed remourseful. Everyone tells me I made the right decision, but the after effects have been worse than I ever imagined. I never thought he'd be capable of some of the awful things that have happened since I had that conversation with him. Thankfully, we have no kids, just the house to deal with. And the fact that we now live and were married in Florida make it legally fairly easy to divorce, taking just a few weeks or so if we can be amicable, but i don't know if that is going to happen at this point.

It has been so much more bloody awful than I ever thought it would be, not that I thought it would be just a walk in the park. This is why I stayed for so long being miserable. I'm completely gutted and heartbroken and a shell of the person I once was. I never, ever thought it would come to this with him. I'm still in shock :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Danye

Long and very painful story short, after a year of misery, I finally told my husband that our marriage is over and he needed to leave the house. Among some other fairly awful things, he had been cheating on me and had been given several chances to stop and make things better, but he barely ever seemed remourseful. Everyone tells me I made the right decision, but the after effects have been worse than I ever imagined. I never thought he'd be capable of some of the awful things that have happened since I had that conversation with him. Thankfully, we have no kids, just the house to deal with. And the fact that we now live and were married in Florida make it legally fairly easy to divorce, taking just a few weeks or so if we can be amicable, but i don't know if that is going to happen at this point.

It has been so much more bloody awful than I ever thought it would be, not that I thought it would be just a walk in the park. This is why I stayed for so long being miserable. I'm completely gutted and heartbroken and a shell of the person I once was. I never, ever thought it would come to this with him. I'm still in shock :(

I'm never in this forum and I'm not even married yet but I just seen your thread.

I hope your ok as it sounds like a really tough time.

After winter the promise of spring comes. After the dark comes light.

Stay strong and be kind to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

OP can I suggest something to you? Maybe it's your husbands infidelity and dealing with it as well as grieving for a lost marriage that's truly awful.

It's hard but try and regard your divorce as the first step to moving on and putting it all behind you. Thankfully you don't have the strong ties such as a large mortgage with negative equity or children which lengthen the healing process. This is a new beginning and you need to regard it as such. It's a great chance to make other changes in your life. I gave up smoking around the time my marraige ended.

"It's an ill wind that blows no good "

Advertisement