Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Hockey, chat while you're watching

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Yeah probably the worst of the live games at the moment. Kessel is in a major slump, 270 odd shifts since his last goal. Rangers won 3-2 in the end, and the Flyers are holding out for a 5-3 win.

Not much happening in the Dallas Phoenix game either, though there was a potential goalie-v-forward fight when Jamie Benn landed on Mike Smith. Didn't materialise. Of the late games, I don't know which I'd prefer to watch, both look tasty.

Yeh I heard the commentators say that, not great.

The Flames are currently the only NHL team without a fight this season, I know for many hockey fans fighting is not their favourite part of the game but come on! Sort it out!

Blackhawks get a late undeserved goal, 2 secs to go after being dominated by Calgary for a great 3rd period.

Calgary not putting them away when they get their chances though, Emery has played fantastic, into overtime we go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Surprised but delighted by the win @ Tampa. We don't have a very good record there. Nice to see Nash getting a goal also. Some of his puck control is insane at times. Anyone else think the games are lacking intensity at the moment?

Boston v Montreal this week, that should be a proper full on game.

Pens v Caps has started off great. Good hits and 2 goals in the first 6 minutes.

Canucks tie the game 3rd period with 2 mins to go, I've settled on the Flames as my team, I still like the Oilers, I hate the Canucks! I don't know why....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Lots of games tonight, anyone watching?

Didn't get to see anything last night and won't see anything tonight, as I have to be in early these days. Recording the Bruins' game tonight, as it is usually a cracker when they play Montreal. Last nights display by the Rangers was poor once again. No consistency in our play at all. We need to get our act together or the play offs will pass us by.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭decies

Taping the bruins so can watch the celtics on same time.

Looking forward to Oilers/Stars tonight.

Anyone else watching the Pens v Devils? 1-1 at the end of the 2nd period. Some PK from the Devils there, particularly Brodeur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

This has been a great game to watch. Some great penalty killing from the Devils and I'm seriously impressed with our last two powerplays, best it's been this season.

Watched a bit of it, Pens killed themselves with stupid penalties. Poor way to end a good winning streak.

robby^5 wrote: »
    This has been a great game to watch. Some great penalty killing from the Devils and I'm seriously impressed with our last two powerplays, best it's been this season.

I have to admit that that was an excellent performance by the Devils. Some of the work of the PK and PP was top notch.

COYW wrote: »
    I have to admit that that was an excellent performance by the Devils. Some of the work of the PK and PP was top notch.

Kovalchuk had more PP time (15:22) than 9 Penguins had playing time at all, says it all really.

Anyone else following #hockeyday? Leafs @ Habs game is a bit of a washout. Would be nice to see Montreal launch a bit of a comeback but Reimer is on form.

Yeah watching it here. Was expecting a good game but as you said it has been all Leafs. Habs look like boys against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rasto79

So how do you watch your games guys?
    I am on GCL and watching Wild v. Predators
    Habs v. Leafs is blacked out

rasto79 wrote: »
    So how do you watch your games guys?
    I am on GCL and watching Wild v. Predators
    Habs v. Leafs is blacked out

GCL here as well. Sabres took a 3-2 lead just now against the Isles.

I wanted to watch that game because of Visnovsky first time in Isles squad but gave it up and watched Caps game (Ovi) but it was over after two periods so wild game was obvious choice for me cause i have my money on wild. 1:1 after two

rasto79 wrote: »
    I wanted to watch that game because of Visnovsky first time in Isles squad but gave it up and watched Caps game (Ovi) but it was over after two periods so wild game was obvious choice for me cause i have my money on wild. 1:1 after two

The Ducks Blues game came alive as soon as I switched over. Three Ducks goals in no time turned it from 1-3 to 4-3. Could be a good ending there.

• Advertisement

4-4 in St Louis!

sounds interesting but i stick with last 5 minutes of wild game
    still 1:1 over in St.Paul

5-5 in St. Louis, cracking game. Selanne has 4 points.

OT in St.Paul
    That's my money gone, thought wild were gonna run over predators after canucks blow out.
    switching to blues game

Bonus hockey, at least. Looks like this one will be OT as well.

Entertaining shootout in the Ducks and Blues game, Ducks win it in the end. On to Flames @ Canucks until I fall asleep now...

Entertaining shootout in the Ducks and Blues game, Ducks win it in the end. On to Flames @ Canucks until I fall asleep now...
    Flames 1 up with the Canucks piling on the pressure, sleep = no chance

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Flames 1 up with the Canucks piling on the pressure, sleep = no chance

Didn't take long to change that. Irving struggling with his five-hole.

A lot easier to sleep when it's 5am... :)

Pretty good games last night, i just could not keep my eyes open any longer than 4am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Irving struggling with his five-hole.

Thought Irving was really good. A lesser goalie and we could have had 8 or more on the night.

Advertisement