Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10kg parcel from Ireland to UK -who to avoid?

• 10-03-2012 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Just checking into sending a 10kg parcel to the UK. An Post as always is the most expensive while Citypost, Fastway and parcel2go are quite reasonable. But are they all as reliable as each other or should some be avoided?

Also, if you're sending paperwork and it's important to you, can you insure it for say €1000 and claim this if it gets lost after?! Or does it have to have monetary value if you know what I mean...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Mr Bump

I have done a lot of work through DPD fro Ireland to UK, fantastic service, if you have volume you will be able to get the best rate in the irland market from them IMHO
    MrThrifty wrote: »
    Just checking into sending a 10kg parcel to the UK. An Post as always is the most expensive while Citypost, Fastway and parcel2go are quite reasonable. But are they all as reliable as each other or should some be avoided?

Also, if you're sending paperwork and it's important to you, can you insure it for say €1000 and claim this if it gets lost after?! Or does it have to have monetary value if you know what I mean...

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

posted dvd the other day in a case, but with just a brown envelope, folded in 2. €3 to kells from dublin. All these hidden taxes add up! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Onlinemart.ie

I personally use fastway/postplus they are very good never lost a parcel for me but some of the drivers who pick parcel up are very annoying. If receiver is not thereand gets returned to you, then u can resend for free

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Niamh Allan

Fast way and postplus are good courier companies and has fast delivery service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 munster_girl

I used Parcel2go to deliver a desktop computer and found them to be excellent - fast, efficient and cheap. Great customer services, and follow up, and cheapest by quite a bit when I checked around. I'd have no hesitation in recommending them.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 eva455

i used www.parcel.ie several times and was very satisfied. 10kg cost me only 29 euro. fast, reliable and most of all - so cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 GreenGrey

Hi,

I've used these guys for a while now. www.parceldirect.ie. Always seem way cheaper and never let me down.

They also have a phone number which I can ring anytime, unlike some of the other ones I have tried in the past

Advertisement