Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Computing Students

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Anyone know if the labs are open tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

siblers wrote: »
    Anyone know if the labs are open tomorrow?

I have no idea sorry. I came back today at 3pm and when into a lab. At 3.30pm all the computers just turned off without warning! No shut down at all, just switched off. I went around to a couple of labs and they were all switched off which was strange as it was only half 3

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JFlah

AntiRip wrote: »
    I have no idea sorry. I came back today at 3pm and when into a lab. At 3.30pm all the computers just turned off without warning! No shut down at all, just switched off. I went around to a couple of labs and they were all switched off which was strange as it was only half 3

Someone mentioned to me that it's 3.30 every Friday lately

That's happened to me a couple of times antirip, its highly annoying. Wish they'd make it a bit clearer about lab opening times.

• Registered Users Posts: 59,551 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

It would be definitely worth notifying this request to the computer Help Desk- I'm not a techy but I'd have thought it should be very straightforward to have a popup message appear at a scheduled time each Friday alerting users to the imminent shutdown on an active computer.

• Advertisement

It would be definitely worth notifying this request to the computer Help Desk- I'm not a techy but I'd have thought it should be very straightforward to have a popup message appear at a scheduled time each Friday alerting users to the imminent shutdown on an active computer.

An app or link to a page with opening times of labs and times when labs are free would be very handy. I must have miles walked up and down each corridor checking for free labs. Sometimes when you do find a free lab, it doesn't have the software you want installed. Very frustrating at times.

Had 2 machines randomly power off on me today in the middle of work. Was ready to put my fist through the monitor the 2nd time round.

Had 2 machines randomly power off on me today in the middle of work. Was ready to put my fist through the monitor the 2nd time round.

Did you get your database connected to your VS on your laptop at all?

Did you get your database connected to your VS on your laptop at all?

I didn't but I didn't really try properly either. Will get it done next week hopefully, been spent wed-friday doing my flash project. Took a lot more time than I expected it to.

Hi all,

For anyone doing 2d Animation this semester ...CA results are on x drive/my docs .

enjoy :)

• Advertisement

JFlah wrote: »
    Hi all,

For anyone doing 2d Animation this semester ...CA results are on x drive/my docs .

enjoy :)

Wouldn't have seen that for 2 weeks if you hadn't told us :)

Wouldn't have seen that for 2 weeks if you hadn't told us :)
    I only found it by accident bit secretive otherwise.

Cool, sound for that.

Is our routing exam gonna be like our network fundamentals one from last semester? Just based off question one on the exam paper?

Is our routing exam gonna be like our network fundamentals one from last semester? Just based off question one on the exam paper?

I will hazard a guess and say yes. He usually follows the CCNA type of multiple choice questions.

I will hazard a guess and say yes. He usually follows the CCNA type of multiple choice questions.

Didn't think we'd have 50 or 60 questions though :)

Network still down ... must be serious

Yeah, if they aren't back up tomorrow morning I'm gonna have to stay at home.

Yeah, if they aren't back up tomorrow morning I'm gonna have to stay at home.

Deffo don,t waste the journey!! but....... you'll miss critical thinking !! thats a desperate dilemma to have

Deffo don,t waste the journey!! but....... you'll miss critical thinking !! thats a desperate dilemma to have

A horrible dilema alright, I just hope they are back up so i'll have no choice but to come in for it.

• Advertisement

A horrible dilema alright, I just hope they are back up so i'll have no choice but to come in for it.
    Yeahhhhh.... I'm hoping the same :)
    :D

Just spent the last 5 hours doing critical thinking. How every Sunday should be spent :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

What were you thinking about?

Just spent the last 5 hours doing critical thinking. How every Sunday should be spent :pac:

5 hours! Don't believe you :D

1500 word report wrapped up so :pac:

5 hours! Don't believe you :D

1500 word report wrapped up so :pac:

Had to redo my journal, but in doing so gave me a good idea of what to do for the report and presentation. :cool:
    What were you thinking about?
    Not much really, my brain goes into standby mode when doing critical nonsense.

Finally the end of a tough semester is near , it has been hard going !
    Feeling a bit strange having no pressure - you get used to it.

Best of luck everyone with exams etc.

Finally the end of a tough semester is near , it has been hard going !
    Feeling a bit strange having no pressure - you get used to it.

Best of luck everyone with exams etc.

Man, its a great feeling to have that year over with. Today was a tough one with the CT presentation and having the chat with JW over the labs, although it wasn't that bad at all in the end.

Going to take a well deserved break for a few days now and start the revision for OOP and Routing Monday.

Man, its a great feeling to have that year over with. Today was a tough one with the CT presentation and having the chat with JW over the labs, although it wasn't that bad at all in the end.

Going to take a well deserved break for a few days now and start the revision for OOP and Routing Monday.

Same as; doing f all for the weekend it's been a tiring few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gbro800

+1

• Advertisement

Yeah, definitly taking the weekend off. Had a 14 hour sleep thursday night. It was glorious.

Advertisement