Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any music students? Qu re practise rooms

• 12-05-2009 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭

I've my last exam tommorrow, but will be then switching from law exam mode to piano exam mode, have grade eight coming up in the next few weeks and am v. unprepared. Was just wondering what the situation is with practise rooms in UCC? Is access only for music student students? And are they busy at this point, if people have practicals coming up, i wouldnt want to be taking up space...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

They're on the first floor in the music dept. in Sunday's Well. Unfortunately there are none in UCC... (:mad: fooking music dept, I hate it so).

You scan your student card on the door and should be able to get in. All the practicals are over by now so it shouldn't be busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Léan wrote: »

You scan your student card on the door and should be able to get in.

Really? I remember enquiring before and I was told that it was music students only, but that was a good while back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

hey thanks for the reply! I actually drove up there today and wandered in, I saw the scanner and was too scared to try it, even though there seemed to be no one about :) Might give it a go tommorrow. Are the pianos any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Fuascailt wrote: »
    hey thanks for the reply! I actually drove up there today and wandered in, I saw the scanner and was too scared to try it, even though there seemed to be no one about :) Might give it a go tommorrow. Are the pianos any good?

Yeah they're nice enough, all Yamaha pianos, newish, good sound off most of them :) The rooms aren't sound proofed though so it can be very annoying to try practice sometimes when there are other people on both sides practising also.

Advertisement