Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HI3001 - Historical Debate

Options
  • 25-04-2009 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Has anyone ever done this module...or currently studying it? Just looking for info regarding good resources for exam questions. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'm doing it right now, whats your problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Corkbhoy8

nice im online too..i suppose the problem is i only do history as a minor (i do 50 credits of economics) so Im not really clued into what the lecturers will be looking for. I think ill attempt the women in ireland and the famine question..open to suggestion tho??

I'll be doing the Famine and Irish Revolution. I can give you a list of the sources I am using regarding the Famine if you wish.

that'd be great..thanks!im ok for the women in ireland question i think!What kind of angle do u think hes going to ask the question at?

These are the articles I am using, all of which can be found on jstor, besides the JJ Lee, which is on Blackboard...

"Agricultural Change and Rural Depopulation: Ireland, 1845-1876" - Kevin O'Rourke.

"Did The Great Irish Famine Matter" - Kevin O'Rourke.

"Historians and the Famine: A Beleaguered Species?" - Mary E. Daly.

"Making Irish Famine History in 1995" - Cormac Ó Gráda.

"Mortality in the North Dublin Union during the Great Famine" - Timothy W. Guinnane & Cormac Ó Gráda.

"The Context of Migration: The Example of Ireland in the Nineteenth Century" - James H. Johnson.

"The Irish Diaspora in the Nineteenth Century" - JJ Lee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭odin_ie

I am just wondering are they looking for a debate based answer or not

odin_ie wrote: »
    I am just wondering are they looking for a debate based answer or not

Not sure what you mean. I have the answer planned like any other history essay. Historiography will be very important.

Cheers ill have a look at them!How long are your essays?

Corkbhoy8 wrote: »
    Cheers ill have a look at them!How long are your essays?

On average 2 and a half, three pages. I have smallish writing, about ten-twelve words per line.

Ya id be about the same..cheers for the help anyway,hope it goes well for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭odin_ie

That wasn't too bad...one more to go now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 becks4bucks

Quick question - has anyone here done the h dip in history and if so what hours weekly are spent in class - i need to know if i can accomodate the coure in my lifestyle as i have two kids and work nights

Advertisement