Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car Radio

• 30-11-2015 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭

So I've transitioned to a car from a motorbike recently, and am making the most of the warmth etc that a car provides that the bike didn't. Unfortunately, I can't make the most of my radio, as it won't power on!

I've checked the fuses in the car and the fuse for the ACC (15A) seems fine, and intact. I don't want to have to pull the radio out entirely and whip out the multimeter to check all the connections there yet. Is there a fuse for the radio under the hood? I've had a quick peak under the hood fuse box but I see a 30A fuse for RAD which I assume is Radiator. There's a plethora of fuses missing but the little diagram on top has those fuses in brackets so I assume it's for different models etc.

What label is the fuse for the radio on under the hood? (It's a Daihatsu YRV 2002 model) I've look for the PDF Haynes/ Service manual online and no joy!) Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There would be two fuses for the radio.
    Does your lights on buzzer work?
    Does cigarette lighter work?
    Wiring might be similar to Toyota Yaris.
    Is it an aftermarket radio, I'd assume so. There would be a fuse in the back of the radio in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Lights on buzzer works, not sure on lighter as there isn't one. It's a Panasonic MOSFET 50w, which when I look online for seems different to the one in the car. I installed a car radio in the wifes car years ago and recall it was difficult to whip out the old radio without damaging the holding space. Is there a trick to it, to check the back fuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,111 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Has it ever worked?

If it's a CD player see if it will load or eject a cd.

The acc fuse does one of the radio feeds, electric mirrors, and clock (and interior light I think) usually. (In a Yaris anyway)

I think the other feed is on the same fuse as the rear tail lights.

There's a good chance the radio just doesn't work or isn't earthed.

Bought the car last week and I think it was on when i saw it first. Just thinking the fuse may have been taken out by the dude selling it previous as the windows weren't working, but they worked when I bought it. He may have switched the fuse from there?

• Advertisement

Ground wire is black, and the 2 powers are red and yellow (if there's a standard ISO loom adapt or fitted to the stereo) if you want to test them,

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Radiators don't have fuses, I'd bet it's the fuse marked RAD.

Cooling fans fo and they're often 30A

I'd be looking for CIG or DOME

Bought some fuses for the radio this afternoon, but tried taking it out of the casing and it won't budge, even with my pro tools! (Two butter knives!) Will have a decent stab at it (pardon the pun) tomorrow!

You'll never rob ably need something narrower than a knife. There should be slots to put a removal tool into, if if has a flip down/detachable face it's probably behind this.

• Advertisement

Taking out the radio without damaging the wee aluminium casing was nigh on impossible so ordered a cheap tool to take out the radio on Amazon.

Advertisement