Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scrappage Value

Options
  • 01-05-2008 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭

I am buying a new car and I currently have a 97 1.3l petrol Ford Fiesta. However the front wing (drivers side) is damaged. I got quotations from a few garages to fix it but the cheapest quote was €900. Without the damaged wing the car is probably only worth a maximum of €1000 so its not really worth fixing. Apart from the damage to the wing the car is driving fine and had a new gearbox and clutch installed about 12 months ago.

I was wondering does anyone know how much a breakers yard/garage would give me for it for scrap and could anyone suggest a breakers yard/garage that might take it off my hands (based in Dublin)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

How bad is the damage? Would it not be worth trying to sell it for a couple of hundred in the buy and sell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

eoin_s wrote: »
    How bad is the damage? Would it not be worth trying to sell it for a couple of hundred in the buy and sell?

Needs a new front wing. The problem I'm told is that 97 fiestas have the wings welded on and not bolted, hence the high cost of repair.

Might throw it up on the buy and sell alright, thats what one of the claims handlers in work advised me to do. Probably worth eff all tho!

Advertisement