Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The way of the Apple or of the Android?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

apple.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,222 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'm afraid to tell you that Apple are re-wording the scriptures of their holy bible to allow the new iPhone to be bigger
    irish_goat wrote: »
    apple.jpg
    Yeah? Well, yizzers have to respect my beliefs and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,222 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Can't wait for this!!! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Any of you software heads have any thoughts on iOS development vs Android development?

I installed iOS development environment on a mac laptop a couple of years back and spent a few days piddling around, but found the Objective additions to C++ quite, uh, objectionable and never took it further. I'm used to a keyboard-driven devenv as well, so all this effete mousing around was getting to me.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

robindch wrote: »
    Any of you software heads have any thoughts on iOS development vs Android development?

I installed iOS development environment on a mac laptop a couple of years back and spent a few days piddling around, but found the Objective additions to C++ quite, uh, objectionable and never took it further. I'm used to a keyboard-driven devenv as well, so all this effete mousing around was getting to me.

Thoughts?

I found Android a bit more approachable. The entry cost for non-mac users is ridiculous for iOS development (I think I ended up using a VM with OSX on it, otherwise I had to get third party SDKs, which were expensive). I found the mousing around got in the way of the actual coding, I think I ended up doing the actual coding in emacs.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

nerds.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Like apples of gold in settings of silver
    is a ruling rightly given.
    Prov 25:11

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTankrkw9f2KthW4Wad5ypfsGdub_0E-JOlHeEQyS6rVLW8zxf89g

Advertisement