Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ronan Mullen running for Europe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Turtwig wrote: »
    I'm sure the gay liberation front infiltrated all the polling stations and altered his preference numbers.

ed8.gif
    All four polling clerks/presiding officers in my station were waving GLF placards in everybody's faces, and Mr. Dwarf wasn't even running in the south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

So glad this clown did so badly in the election. I had a few elderly relatives pleading me to vote for him. I told them no chance, Ming all the way! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭freyners

unfortunately its probably a dry run for a dail run, especially if there is good support in east galway,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Where in Galway could he get that much suppo-

Oh wait...the Gaeltacht.

Oh wait...the Gaeltacht.

Yeah for putting 2 fadas in his first name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Oh wait...the Gaeltacht.

That's where my relations on the fathers side are from - they wouldn't piss on him.

Nodin wrote: »
    That's where my relations on the fathers side are from - they wouldn't piss on him.

They like him then?

Red Pepper wrote: »
    They like him then?

...'if he was on fire'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭freyners

Oh wait...the Gaeltacht.

he was fairly prominent in the campaign against the mental hospital closing down in ballinasloe and with the maternity unit in the general hospital there coming under threat he will probably feature again. Would rather spoil my vote than give him any preference but there are enough people around (im from east galway originally) that probably would vote for him based on those actions despite him being a vile little worm (which he keeps fairly well hidden)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Myself and a few friends shared some of his less vocalised views with people on Facebook after people started posting his primetime rant. Not one of them knew his history and a good few followed up by urging people not to vote for him. Who knew Facebook had positives?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

What's the story with the name calling, not a very nice thing to do. You can disagree profusely with Mr Mullen's policies and ideals without the need for name calling.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Because Mullen has done a number of things that only a [PROSE DELETED] would do. If he wants to act like a [PROSE DELETED], it's inevitable that people will call him a [PROSE DELETED].

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

iguana wrote: »
    Because Mullen has done a number of things that only a [PROSE DELETED] would do. If he wants to act like a [PROSE DELETED], it's inevitable that people will call him a [PROSE DELETED].

I find that language is not right a will bid you adieu.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I don't need to call him names. He'll always be the man who told couples who shared their heartbreak about travelling abroad to terminate in cases of fatal foetal abnormalities that they had a wider agenda.

And sidled up to one of those women at an event she was speaking at and quietly goaded her about how her baby would probably have been fine if she hadn't terminated it because he sponsors a perfectly healthy child in Africa that was born with the same condition, which I think was anencephaly.

If I was ever face to face with the "man" my language would be the least of his worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Only 4‰ first preference vote.
    I always thought he was a gimp but now he's a useless gimp.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

iguana wrote: »
    And sidled up to one of those women at an event she was speaking at and quietly goaded her about how her baby would probably have been fine if she hadn't terminated it because he sponsors a perfectly healthy child in Africa that was born with the same condition, which I think was anencephaly.

If he's claiming that a child born with anencephaly is perfectly healthy, he's also a liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Nah, just a mental reservation.

Only 4‰ first preference vote.
    I always thought he was a gimp but now he's a useless gimp.

I have bad news though....
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/law-to-abolish-election-deposit-26055940.html

I'm not a Labour voter but it is so disturbing to me that Briefcase Wanker did better than the Labour candidate. Will he go after Ming's Dail seat now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Jaysus you put the heart crossways on me there. I thought that article was going to tell me he'd got there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Well to be fair you really shouldn't have to put a deposit down to run for election. A signed nomination sheet is fairer. We live in an open democracy after all.

Jaysus you put the heart crossways on me there. I thought that article was going to tell me he'd got there...

Soz.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Well to be fair you really shouldn't have to put a deposit down to run for election. A signed nomination sheet is fairer. We live in an open democracy after all.

....but I just want him to suffer and wipe the smug gimp look off his sickening face. Why is that so much to ask for...why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Yeah...in a sense.

....but I just want him to suffer and wipe the smug gimp look off his sickening face. Why is that so much to ask for...why?

Oh me too!

On a side note I was looking at some of the extremists the rest of Europe DID elect, I wonder why Ireland is immune to organised xenophobia during recessions (further edit - I'm not saying Mullen is a racist). Don't get me wrong I'm delighted we seem to be but it seems to grab at least some minor power in most other Euro countries. I'd like to think we're above it but I know plenty of genuine racists back home(EDIT - living in Canada at the minute) so it's not that.. Anywho just got me thinking about areas we ARE lucky in when it comes to our political landscape (far and few they are)

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Oh me too!

On a side note I was looking at some of the extremists the rest of Europe DID elect, I wonder why Ireland is immune to organised xenophobia during recessions (further edit - I'm not saying Mullen is a racist). Don't get me wrong I'm delighted we seem to be but it seems to grab at least some minor power in most other Euro countries. I'd like to think we're above it but I know plenty of genuine racists back home(EDIT - living in Canada at the minute) so it's not that.. Anywho just got me thinking about areas we ARE lucky in when it comes to our political landscape (far and few they are)

It is odd allright. I thought that some 'racial purity' knuckle dragger would have got a CC seat, especially in 2009, but not a sign thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

It is odd allright. I thought that some 'racial purity' knuckle dragger would have got a CC seat, especially in 2009, but not a sign thankfully.

Being on a island of the coast of Europe, that has never been an imperial power, and has a relatively high cost of living, we simply haven't seen the same level of immigration as some other European countries. We don't have the type of racism seen in other countries because we don't have their large often ghettoised ethnic minorities.

Advertisement