Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flights to Japan

• 18-01-2014 5:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am in the process of planning a trip to Japan and would appreciate some advice regarding flights.

My plan is to go for 2 weeks starting the last week of October, currently there seems to be what look to me like good deals from Dublin. SAS and Turkish have fares about 650 euro return DUB - TOKYO.

SAS is quicker due to their flight path but Turkish airlines is tempting me as I'm considering an open jaw option and flying back from Seoul in South Korea, which works out at under 700 euro right now.

Are these special offers or is this the norm for this route at that time of year?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

take quickest flight

I would buy soon as fares will go up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

They're really fantastic deals, don't think you'll get much better than that. I've had a lot of experience with flight prices back and forth between Dub/Tokyo over the last year (and further on this year) and the cheapest I've gotten so far is about 800 quid but usually paying up to 900-1000.

Don't normally see anything cheaper than 650 (and that'd be more a very long flight path).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭lc180

Thanks for the advice!

What do you think about late October/early November for a trip to Japan? From what I've read online it should be not too hot, not too cold, not too sunny but not too rainy either. Is that a good summary of what to expect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

lc180 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice!

What do you think about late October/early November for a trip to Japan? From what I've read online it should be not too hot, not too cold, not too sunny but not too rainy either. Is that a good summary of what to expect?

Pretty much! It starts to get cooler in October but that's a good thing - July/Aug/early Sept are disgustingly hot. Typhoon season is over then too so the weather is generally pretty good.

Konata wrote: »
    Pretty much! It starts to get cooler in October but that's a good thing - July/Aug/early Sept are disgustingly hot. Typhoon season is over then too so the weather is generally pretty good.

Sounds great! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Good price, lovely time to go. Go for it!

I bit the bullet and booked my flights! Open-jaw Dublin - Tokyo, Seoul - Dublin for 690 euro with Turkish Airlines.

Cheers for the info folks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭ondafly

October/November is perfect time to go, might get a bit of rain but it will be nice and warm.

Advertisement