Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***** Motors Chat - Round 5*****

• 16-05-2013 1:02pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Continuation from motors chat round 4

1.This thread is for motoring topics which you feel are not worthy of starting a new thread for, banter from a meet or general motoring related chit chat.

2.No lonely hearts (This is not a personal dig at anyone, it's how we feel is the best way to describe what we want to avoid. )

3.Keep it clean.

4.The Motors charter applies.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Quazzie wrote: »
    My apologies if I came across a little crude, it certainly wasn't my intent, it was more in reference to your ratios than anything else.

Gosh no hassle, thinking back it's down to when that tyre got replaced and there was no wheel balancing done (which I'd normally have done but I was up to ninety as I was hours late for work)

No offence taken :)

The car was actually prone to drifting left and not liking any change in camber at all, so I probably described it wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Stheno, I'm guessing that your problem is something like balancing on the wheel or possibly a bad bearing

I concur and would add in a bad misalignment on that wheel but only that wheel, which would make it feel like its being "dragged".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Matt Simis wrote: »
    I concur and would add in a bad misalignment on that wheel but only that wheel, which would make it feel like its being "dragged".

Or if it followed a blow out it could be a buckled wheel or maybe a lump of tyre caught on something like the spring or a suspension arm/drop link etc on it's way past causing sh!tty alignment

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Thanks guys, I guess it's alignment it's intermittent on rough roads I feel it.

I'll get it checked in the next few days :)

Matts description is dead on it feels like the wheel is dragging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Well that was a waste of money.... Meh!

There was a fatality yesterday on the roads across the local filling station. The accident happened here. It's a very straight road..... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Have just watched the Top Gear, where they buy the three Alfas for £1000 for the gagillionth time. Quality.

"This is the thing you have to remember. Alfa build a car to be as good as a car can be.. briefly!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Ahhh 3 days off and to try and not spend money !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Ahhh 3 days off and to try and not spend money !

Resist the small shinys! Keep your eyes on the ultimate shiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Footballers aren't the brightest of sparks. Poor Porsche

1460262_676016272430385_576721291_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

If i have an r53 cooper s by March i blame Alan :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Here's a good one.. Long story short I'm locked out of the e60 and I have the keys :o
    How these things happen to me is beyond a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Ugly piece of shít anyway if you ask me.

YbFocus wrote: »
    Here's a good one.. Long story short I'm locked out of the e60 and I have the keys :o
    How these things happen to me is beyond a joke.

How?? You just keep defy physics there, good man :pac:

How?? You just keep defy physics there, good man :pac:

You may or may not know that my Central Locking went lately, so back to using the key in the door.
    Now that broke :o
    Key coming from England on Tuesday!
    Basically no way to get into the car, can get into the boot but e60 seats don't fold (it was an extra :rolleyes:)

When it happened I was like "you've got to be kidding me" :o

You may or may not know that my Central Locking went lately, so back to using the key in the door.
    Basically no way to get into the car, can get into the boot but e60 seats don't fold (it was an extra :rolleyes:)

Aw no way :( in fairness I'm a bit like that myself, if anything can go wrong it will and at the time you don't need it to :(

I went sailing this morning @ 9am.

I'm still frozen solid

Sat in my car with the heat on full blast driving home, an it barely thawed me out.

Six layers of clothes on top and three on the bottom and I nearly died of the cold.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

If i have an r53 cooper s by March i blame Alan :pac:

Jesus, we might be copyin' cars so. 325 to mini coopers. That said, the MX5 appeals to me more I think. But not set on anything yet.

Ouch. :eek:

Murphy was a bastard with his law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

pajor wrote: »
    Have just watched the Top Gear, where they buy the three Alfas for £1000 for the gagillionth time. Quality.

"This is the thing you have to remember. Alfa build a car to be as good as a car can be.. briefly!" :D

Rally cross on a budget is a favourite of mine!:)
    alfas for 1000 pounds seems expensive. Myself and 166man drove a 156 v6 from ennis to dublin in record time and it was a lot cheaper than 1000 pounds!;)

Don't talk to me lads, looking at the bloody car with no way into it :rolleyes:
    If the key doesn't fix the problem there'll have to be a window go in!

• Advertisement

Scortho wrote: »
    Rally cross on a budget is a favourite of mine!:)
    alfas for 1000 pounds seems expensive. Myself and 166man drove a 156 v6 from ennis to dublin in record time and it was a lot cheaper than 1000 pounds!;)

Ah but this was a few years ago. Depreciation and all that. :pac:

Jesus, we might be copyin' cars so. 325 to mini coopers. That said, the MX5 appeals to me more I think. But not set on anything yet.

Weird. I've been have thinking of a cooper as my next car, love my alfas, but have run out of the ones I wanted to drive

I didn't realise you did your BSc in Hairdressing... :pac: :p

I didn't realise you did your BSc in Hairdressing... :pac: :p

Bmw Z cars are for hairdressers, not Minis :(

I'm also considering a 7 series, an SLK and an MG

Actually yesterday I saw what looked like an SLK but it was an AMG engine, anyone enlighten me as to what I saw?

Stheno wrote: »

Actually yesterday I saw what looked like an SLK but it was an AMG engine, anyone enlighten me as to what I saw?

SLK 32 AMG, 349 hp supercharged version of the 3.2 L V6. Only 4,333 were built in total, of which 979 were retained for Germany, 2,056 exported to the USA and 263 to the UK.

URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_SLK-Class"]wiki[/URL

7 Series. If it's worth doing, it's worth over doing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I wouldn't fit in a cooper and im sorry but they just look too girly :(

SLK 32 AMG, 349 hp supercharged version of the 3.2 L V6. Only 4,333 were built in total, of which 979 were retained for Germany, 2,056 exported to the USA and 263 to the UK.

URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_SLK-Class"]wiki[/URL

Wasn't that this thing had those flanges on the side like air flow gaps? It was a beautiful looking car.
    pajor wrote: »
    7 Series. If it's worth doing, it's worth over doing. :D

I like either very small coupes or big saloons

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I like either very small coupes or big saloons

You're doing it wrong, big coupes or big saloons. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

1.5 suzuki swift auto for the win !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement