Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry fingertips

• 10-09-2012 6:32pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭

not exactly an android specific question but as really relevant here as anywhere I guess. I often find my fingers are too dry to swipe properly and they drag across the glass with unpredictable results. it's really awkward and even a bit painful at times. Does anyone else get this and is there an easy solution?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

fingernails?

or a light moisturiser

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

fingernails?

or a light moisturiser

You wont be able to use your finger nails on a capacitive touch screen, it was the one advantage resistive touch screen had over them

i dont put too much pressure on the screen so it doesn't really matter if the hands are "Dry" or not

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i have a galaxy s and my short ass fingernails worked fine

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Fingernails don't work at all for me.I found warming up my hands made the fingertips slide a little bit and moisturiser also helped. Not sure how I feel about lugging about a bottle of it for whenever I have to type anything long :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

What device are you using a capacitive screen shouldn't have this issue at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭nedd

fingernails wont work on a capacitive touch screen they need skin to work. if you think your nails are working then its probably that your skin is skimming the screen.

I sometimes find that my fingers bounce across the screen if they are too hot/cold (it doesn't happen enough for me to know exactly when it is happening) i normally just give the tip of my finger a little rub and its all ok again.

draffodx wrote: »
    What device are you using a capacitive screen shouldn't have this issue at all.

Phone and tablet. Same if I rub my finger across a window, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭nedd

are you putting too much pressure on it?

this is a real First World Problem!

No, none at all. It's just static friction when I'm moving from left to right and back again while swyping.

I think all the problems in this forum are first world problems in fairness :)

Advertisement